“Good choise near the airport” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Denisa

You added Hotel Denisa to your Saves list
Hotel Denisa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   62 Drumul Garii Otopeni Street, Otopeni 075100, Romania   |
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Otopeni
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Good choise near the airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

we had an early morning flight so we took a night in this hotel (without breakfast). Its near the airport and they have a free shutel to the airport!
recommended for a short stay.
good value for money

• Stayed November 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

If you are in transit in Bucharest and need to stay overnight, or if you
fly early out of Otopeni, this is the place to go.
They will send a free shuttle to meet you when you arrive, and take you to
your outgoing flight the next day right on time. The ride is 5-10 minutes.
I arrived late and hungry, and got a warm meal from room service, rich and satisfying.
The room was large, clean, the bathroom modern and well equipped.
On my next visit I consider staying there on the nights of my arrival and departures.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Colorado, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We spent one night here on 8 October 2013 (40 Euros), wanting a hotel close to Otopeni international airport, and we were delighted with the service as well as the facility. The staff are remarkably conscientious. We were returning a rental car, and the manager made it a point to contact the Thrify rental agency to find out when and where to pick us up on arrival. The next morning, our driver was ready to get us back to the airport for our early departure. No charge. There is a good restaurant on site, with good Romanian food and excellent service. This was important, because there is little else within walking distance. Breakfast was in the hotel, and it was a good buffet (7 Euros per person). We found our room to be clean and comfortable as well, and we enjoyed a quiet night. This is not a "destination" hotel for Bucharest; the city is not close. However, it was the perfect choice for proximity to the airport.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I've stayed at the Denisa Otopeni several times in the past few years, most recently last week. Not much has changed. The hotel is very basic without much charm or character, though my daughter's room at the other end of the same hall felt cozier than what I was provided. It's possible I was on a smoking floor (or maybe there was no non-smoking option), as my room seemed to have been inhabited by the ghost of smokers past. In that I had only a few hours between arrival of my late evening flight from Istanbul and the 0400 wake up call for the Airbus to Frankfurt, I didn't require more than clean, comfortable accommodations and a reliable staff. The hotel is minutes from the airport; the staff is friendly, helpful, and always on time with the wake up call and efficient shuttle to the airport. It would be hard to find better value for the money. In that I arrived directly from a stellar hotel in Turkey, my Denisa experience was probably coloured by the contrast...but I also paid 10 times more for the Turkish delight.

Dr C Braun ~ Calgary

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

A nice hotel with a wonderful staff. While a great value, it's certainly not a luxury hotel. If luxury is not your chief concern, then this is the perfect spot. If you're either looking for luxury or a spot close to Old City attractions, this isn't the place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
IRELAND WEST
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Stayed in the Denisa having arrived in on a flight late and not picking up the hire car until the following morning. The shuttle service was absolute brilliant , waiting for us on arrival at 30mins after midnight , and within minutes we were at the hotel , rapidly checked in and baggage brought straight to the room . What a service after a four hours flying . After a generous breakfast shuttled back to the airport in the morning. Staff pleasant and helpful . Thanks to all , a real good start to a 10 day trip to Romania.

Room Tip: Ideal stop off arriving or departing Otpeni Airport.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Aberdare, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I have been staying at the Denisa Hotel for the last few years on the night prior to my flight back to the UK. It is a very welcoming hotel and staff in Reception are excellent - providing a very fast and efficient checkin and checkout procedure. They also arrange the shuttle back to the airport at whatever time you require it - 24/7. It is also very reasonably priced and good value for money

They collect me from the airport in the free shuttle and return. When I remember to provide my flight details when booking they are there to collect me when I come through arrivals -- when I forget to provide my flight details on booking I just phone the hotel and the shuttle arrives in about 10 mns -- however late the time of arrival

The restaurant provides very good meals in either the traditional restaurant within the complex or the 'Summer' restaurant by the car park. The restaurant staff are also excellent with polite and efficient service - nothing is too much trouble.

The rooms are quite quite good - more than adequate for a stay before flying out of Otopeni with satellite TV, reasonable priced minibar, toiletries and the early morning call is on time you request.

I am very happy using this hotel - far more welcoming and better staff and service and better food than the other Otopeni airport hotels such as the Rin, Angelo which I have also used in the past.

I can without hesitation recommend this hotel if you are flying into or out of Otopeni.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Denisa? Share your experiences!