“It is a modern hotel, very nice furnished” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Tulip Inn Sunny Hill
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   31 A Fagetului Street, Cluj-Napoca 400497, Romania   |
Ranked #13 of 55 Hotels in Cluj-Napoca
Belgrade, Serbia
“It is a modern hotel, very nice furnished”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stayed there for two days and we liked that it was furnished differently than other hotels. It was a wedding party with music but I was glad they didn't party all the night, they ended the party early. Breakfast is good for the price we paid, especially because we got an offer on Booking.com
Staff from there seems to be friendly. What I didn't like about this hotel was that the walls were scratched in many places and many minor things damaged. They have to wash the walls and screw the switches back. It is a nice hotel and I recommend it for the price what I got. It's a bit far away from the downtown but there are many cabs and it is about ~3.5 euro, one way.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Angra do Heroismo, Portugal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

The hotel was great but the service was horrible. After traveling 1000km, we arrived at the hotel on the 25th of December and there was only one person of the staff there. We were very tired and hungry so we asked If the restaurant was opended, it wasn't. We then asked If we could order something in and she said everything was closed. None of the phones were working so I had to go to the reception to talk to them. We starved during the night, waiting for the breakfast the next morning, which was included, but when we came down, we had to insist a lot to have it because then said the cook wasn't there today.
The room was great and had a great view.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

It really is a place to relax and enjoy yourself. The food at their restaurant is so tasty and everybody we met from the staff was welcoming and made us feel right at home. Loved the stay! The room we got was facing the forest and it had the best view and this huge terrace lovely for having coffee in the morning.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the forest have a huge terrace where you can have your coffee.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

4th year that I only stay in this hotel when I travel to Cluj-Napoca. Same quality, same quiet surroundings, not very crowded. I always feel like home here and this is one of the few places where I can really rest during sleep.
I am pleased to see that the hotel is well maintained, everyhing works, evenn the shoe-shining machines that I really like.
The only thing that I am sorry about is that I have never seen the two huge fireplaces in the restaurant working.
And the receptionists that never heart about the "award miles" programme that should be available in Tulip Inn. The leaflet is posted in every room, but I agree that no every receptionist can read. I think I lost 10.000 miles so far with these guys.
Fortunatelly I like too much this hotel to be bothered by some idiot reception girl/boy/whatever.

• Stayed January 2013
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I had the unfortunate experience to spend the new year's eve in this hotel and his main restaurant and reception hall
There were more than 300 people there.
What I didn't like was the music, the bad sound and the food was mediocre at best...
The hotel looks good and the rooms were clean and spacious with modern furniture..
What surprised me the most was the total lack of commitment from the hotel staff and manager..They said something and have done another thing...They told us we would have a brunch the very next day after the party but that never happened because the next day nobody was to be found..the all disappeared and the restaurant was closed..We couldn't even get a cup of coffee...
In conclusion avoid this hotel and restaurant at weddings or new year's eve parties because they are only interested in money and not in the client's personal comfort....

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Bucuresti
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

The ideal place to relax after a busy day .... The attitude of staff, room design and cleanliness impressed me since the arrival ... At breakfast service was impeccable. Highest quality services urging me to come back with confidence every time you are in town.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Bucharest, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Good: Quite large room, very clean, nice decorations (in the room and in the hallways). Very nice and polite receptionists. Quiet area. Good price for the quality (value for money is good).
Bad: shower had limestone marks in some places (but bathroom was very clean); unnecessarily complicated water faucets. Location is far from the city center (but there is a bus that goes right in front of the hotel); hotel location was a little hard to find coming during the night; they have placed signs to direct you that help only if you are coming from Feleac Hill (Calea Turzii). The road to the hotel is far from perfect.

Bottom line: if you come by car, make sure you understand where the location is; it's a very good hotel for a car traveler because of the distance from city center. Clean rooms, nice service. I recommend it.

Room Tip: Rooms: higher is better (for the view).
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Tulip Inn Sunny Hill? Share your experiences!