“An Indian in Romania” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 204 Restaurants in Cluj-Napoca
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Indian, Vegan, Vegetarian
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Indigo is an Indian restaurant located in Cluj-Napoca - the heart of Transylvania. If you are a gourmand Indigo should be on your must visit list. Indian cuisine is as much about hot and spicy food as are its aromatic dishes which are completely non-spicy. If you like your food tasty but not spicy, try the Malai Tikka - cubes of chicken marinated in caju, smantana, cheese, ginger and garlic paste with salt. For those who like it mildly spicy, equivalent to a spicy European-Romanian dish, try the spinach curry with Branza Indian. This is one dish people from Cluj love the most as it is right in the middle of the spiciness scale. The few who like to sweat it out, we have the Vindaloos and Madras curries from the South and West of India. Surely they will leave a lingering taste on your tongue long after you have finished eating them. Whatever be your taste, ask us. We will dish it up to your liking.
London, United Kingdom
“An Indian in Romania”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Well I went to this restaurant last week as I was working in Romania with 2 work mates. I looked this restaurant up before hand on TripAdvisor. Well anyway they have a smoking and a non smoking section I had actually forgotten how revolting the smell of tobacco was until I visited Romania as you are still allowed to smoke in most public places but the non smoking section was free from smoke. But anyway we sat down straight away and was given a menu , now normally you would be expected to be offered drinks but no we had to wait 25 mins to be asked what we anted to drink , I kept trying to get their attention but to no avail. Eventually we got the drinks and curry in which I ordered the Madras , this was very salty but however I still enjoyed it and the restaurant had a pleasant atmosphere so all in all a good night was had. If i was to go back to Romania I probably would goto this restaurant again but dont expect to see any Indians working there like back in the UK.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Berlin, Germany
“Outstanding Indian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

I was really surprised about the quality and the low cost for the food. They take their time to serve the food but it is worth waiting for. Thumbs up!

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Birr, Switzerland
“One of the best Indian Restaurtants I know”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

I travel a lot through Europe and I stay often at Cluj. Each time I visit the Indigo at least once and sometimes also with customers or colleagus. The food is excellent and the staff always friendly. They have a wide range of different Indian specialities. It's one of the best Indian Restaurants I know. To be honest I was not expecting to find this at Cluj.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
“awesome food, bit pricey but worth it :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

awesome food in this little Indian restaurant i think the only one in Cluj with this specific. good service and a lot of dishes to choose from. went a couple of time with friends and family. always a good choice if you are in for a spicy dish :D

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Stafford, United Kingdom
“Fantastic experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

I came to Cluj on a business trip and was taken to Indigo by my romanian hosts. Needless to say, I had an really good experience. The food was simply superb, service was excellent and the atmosphere was great. My favourite dish was chicken tikka masala.

I was surprised to find such a high standard of cuisine at such a reasonable price.

• Visited December 2013