“Great food in a cozy environment” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #42 of 204 Restaurants in Cluj-Napoca
Cuisines: Romanian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Ristorante tradizionale romeno. Cucina Romena.
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great food in a cozy environment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

It's been a few months since I went to Casa Ardeleana, but I can still remember the surprise when I walked downstairs in this simple mall. We were visiting friends in Cluj and they were kind enough to take us to this please. I confess that I probably wouldn't have found this place if it wasn't for our local friends. The decor was rustic and typical Romanian country. Not sure if the waitress spoke any English, but it didn't seem like it. So our friends served as interpreters and ordered the food for us. We had a banquet! We had a selection of diverse meats, delicious potatoes and polenta, bread and some other veggies. Personally, I enjoyed most things. I could do without the sausage, which I found a bit dry, and the polenta (a bit bland for my taste). Everything else was super tasty and juicy. Definitely recommend this place.

• Visited July 2013

Cluj-Napoca, Romania
“Excellent variety of Romanian cuisine in traditional setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

This is a restaurant that I would seriously consider taking visitors to Cluj to as they would get to sample traditional Romanian cuisine in an authentic setting. It is a shame that it is downstairs in a small shopping centre so there are no windows, views and only artificial light however if you want traditional Romanian food in an authentically furnished and decorated restaurant, this is a good choice - you have so much to feast your eyes on.

• Visited October 2012
“Be Careful”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Good food, cute (albeit cheesy) atmosphere, but be careful. The staff tried to charge us for 3 portions of a meal when we ordered one and were dishonest about wine prices and were very rude when we tried to contest it. Definitely ruined our experience in Cluj. Be aware, especially if you're a "naive" tourist.

• Visited July 2013
Cluj-Napoca, Cluj, Romania
“Cheap, good food but sometimes you wait too much for it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

The restaurant has good food , special menu containing soup, main course and desert, and also a shot of palinca, but sometimes you wait too long for the ordered lunch.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
“Wonderful traditional food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

The food is great and the setting is good too , once you get in

Always some great traditional food loads of choice of proper homely food. I don't like going in the summer it has no windows , just me I think. Sunny outside or at least light and I don't like to go down into artificially lit places.

All in all I like this place alot !

• Visited March 2013