“Bad/spoiled food” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
“Bad/spoiled food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

I have to share my review as I checked this place exactly because of these reviews, unfortunately my experience was a bad one. I ordered pizza with prosciuto crudo and the prosciuto was most definitely spoiled, it had a terrible smell, I instantly felt sick. I told the waiter after I asked someone else from my table to smell the pizza (they had the same opinion) that it was bad - and he contradicted me saying that's the way prosciuto smells - I am sorry but spoiled pizza, bad attitude from the waiter - and yes, after taking the pizza away he came back telling me that he tasted it and it was fine...I am for sure never going there a second time! And yes, if you were wondering, they brought me a new pizza (which I couldn't eat as I am still sick after the first half slice from the other one) - but when I asked for the check I paid for the spoiled one. So..until now..this one was my worst Cluj eating experience.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Georgiana M, Manager at Trattoria Fiorentina, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
We are sorry for the bad experience you shared with our restaurant. I can assure you that all of our products are fresh as many of our customers that ate the same day can sustain it. Concerning your second complaint about the waiter's attitude measures have been taken. As for the future, I expect our customers to share their own experience even if it's an unpleasant one.

Haarlem, The Netherlands
“Nice Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I returned here after a gap of three years since my last visit and wasn't disappointed. We eat here twice this weekend and found it to be of a high standard on both visits. The first time there was 11 of us and this didn't produce any problems with all meals being served without people having to wait whilst others had their food. Most of the people hadnt eaten there before and were impressed with the standard of food and service. We tried a range of dishes over the two visits and enjoyed all of them. I would recommend the pastas, the caprese and the tiramisu (both varieties). It is a little pricey by local standards but still cheap. Pastas are about 5- 8 euros per portion. We had a nice bottle of wine for 14 Euros. Really nice atmosphere, though the TV is a little intrusive. Service is attentive and friendly. I would recommend it.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
romania
“excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

very nice place, very nice people, excellent food, best location, very good value for money...

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Best Italian Restaurant in Cluj”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

Americna Foodie Viewpoint - so you know my bias.
Been here twice -- just in case the first time was a fluke. Nope! First time was dinner -- we had multiple courses -- including (ask a few times and you make get it) Buccatini Ala Amatrciana -- very hard to find but awesome. Also had the Penne alla Arribiata. Started out with a "anti-pasta" platter -- proscuitto, salami, cheese, etc. very very good.

Second courses were: Gnochhi Ragu (OMG), Chicken Cacciatore, and "Italian Roast Beef" -- all got rave reviews.

Decent wine selection.

Second time was lunch -- had more pasta (Penne w/ spicy chicken) and Gnocchi again and Spaghetti Ragu (the ragu sauce is amazing). Again, all very very good.

Only down side -- their spice level for the "spicy" dishes are about 1/2 the level in Rome -- not sure how to spice it up more to make it a bit more "authentic".

They are a bit pricey -- but not too much so. The inside is very nice and the service is also impeccable so I think it's worth a bit more too.

BONUS: They accept AMERICAN style Mastercard/Visa (i.e. non-pin).

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
“pretentious and pricy”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

While the decor is fine and the restaurant strives to be pretentious, all the rest leaves much to be desired. The portions are small, the food is rather badly cooked. The Tiramisu was everything else with the known colours but not a Tiramisu. About half of the dishes on the menu we asked for were not available. It is also very much on the expensive side - based not on quality, but on pretensions of quality. I agree that it was a rather peaceful place - only one other client during lunchtime busy hours.

• Visited July 2011