“nice old hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sarabia Manor Hotel

and 1 more site!
You added Sarabia Manor Hotel to your Saves list
Sarabia Manor Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   101 General Luna St., City,, Iloilo City, Iloilo Province 5000, Philippines   |
Ranked #17 of 25 Hotels in Iloilo City
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“nice old hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

the hotel is old but nice, the staff are nice , friendly & polite , always ready to offer help.
our room is nice located on the 5ft floor with a balcony facing the busy street , the bad thing about it is that it was dinagyang when we stayed there and the music outside is kinda annoying..
location is nice for dinagyang time because its outside the down town where all the roads are closed for dinagyang, yet it is near to SM City mall & small ville which is the bar capital of the city.
i dont like the food we ate once there and we paid almost 1500php yet were not satisfied with the food a total waste because after 30 mins we ordered mcdo. break fast is not good either plus the service was so slow ,i ordered water and i was there waiting for 3-5 mins, yet no water came hmmppp...

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I stayed in the hotel side for 2 nights . I was upgraded since the travellers room I got from Agoda website were occupied . I asked for airport pickup through Agoda and it turned out they did not recieved my request so I took a taxi to go there . Taxoi costs only P246 but I gave P300 to the driver . It turned out , had I been picked up by the hotels van , I would be charged P800 for the service .. Sarabia has a pension side at the back of the main hotel which when I asked costs a lot cheaper than the main hotel fronting the street which I had . I checked in their breakfast buffet , for extra P275 , is not worth it . Their dinner buffet is not worth it either . The service by the front desk as well as the bell boy Joseph are excellent . Also since its by the highway as people calls it jeepney ride is easy and very cheap . To go to Molo only by jeepney costs P8 only . Taxis are cheap too .

Room Tip: I got a room at the fourth floor looking at the swimming pool and the pension house at the back. The...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Makati, Philippines
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

The hotel looks rundown. Carpet in room is dingy. I asked for a room with a seaside view, I got instead the street view. Upon check in I paid in full my two-night stay and the airport transfers and still the front desk asked for a cash deposit for the privilege of ordering room service. The sliding door in the room had to be fixed by housekeeping because it wouldn't lock. Good thing I checked before I went to bed. Bath tub is stained. Avoid this hotel. It has seen better days.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Stayed here last Dec for 3 days and 2 nights! I thought my budget was tight to my surprise they have a promo for 2 nights only for 3.2k. Airport transfer back and forth for free! As I check out I have more money in hands. I was fully satisfied! Clean room! And a mini ref I never expected. Staff were amazing. Everyday room service. Delicious breakfast buffet was included.

Only problem is the WiFi. Only accessible at the lobby while my laptop can detect it. I mean I won't go down the groundfloor just to browse the internet and it's free. Can't I just use it on my room? And also the extend of time. Extending for a couple of hours is worth half of your total price. That is the only sad part of it. Can they just do it half of the original price of 1 night.

But overall. My stay is awesome. Nice location. Mins away from SM Iloilo. Near 24/7 fast food chains. And Freddy's pizza is good :P Just want to mention that. Haha

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Look, if you read a few reviews about the hotel, you'll note that Sarabia may have once been an awesome hotel. My wife's from Iloilo, and recalls how it used to be the place to stay. It's in Iloilo proper, though you will need a taxi to get anywhere.

Well, it's a bit tired, and needs a bit of work. The main lobby is surprisingly small for such a big hotel, but modern, marbled and shiny. The hotel restaurant offers a decent breakfast that could benefit from a few more choices. Upstairs the rooms are clean and a decent size, though the decor is slightly dated. The bathroom is very dated, however, and needs help stat! Old bathtub, runny faucets, sticky shower curtain, etc.

The hotel is a bit stingy with their complimentary coffee and tea, especially after what we paid. Two sachets of SanMig Coffee is all you'll get. And there's no minibar, just an empty fridge eating up power for no reason.

However, the staff are very friendly and courteous, with a quick and ready smile and ready to help. This is Sarabia's best feature. But when the staff are not actively engaged they seem a bit listless and bored, and at times stand around in packs. Dare I say, perhaps Sarabia has too many staff...

The pool is a bit dated as well, and the tiling could do with a refurbishment, or at least a good scrub. If you need to use it, the fitness centre is just terrible. It's in a small dark room by the pool, equipment is old and rusty, and the room could do with a clean. Better than nothing, I guess.

All in all, it was a pleasant stay. I would stay here again, but perhaps would give the newer hotels at Smallville a chance first.

Stayed December 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

If you're looking for a hotel with considerable distance to tourist hotspots in the city, then you should check in here. Rooms are spacious, clean, and comfortable. To introduce yourself a bit to this hotel, you might want to know that the hotel has two wings, the manor part (which is where I was checked in and which is also for budget-conscious travelers) and the corporate(?) wing which has rooms that are a bit expensive. Obviously, I can't comment on the corporate part but the manor part offers the right accommodations for its price. Only con I have is that room service seems to be a bit slow (or is it just because there was a conference on the hotel that day and there were many guest?) and that the food menu in the hotel is limited yet comes at a big price. I sincerely recommend trying restaurants outside the hotel if you want to explore the city and really taste its delicacies and treats. Despite those two cons I mentioned, my experience in this hotel is overall great.

P.S. For those of you trying on the manor part, be advised that this wing contains no elevator, and initial check in would mean tugging along all your luggage through three flights of stairs if you are checked in a third floor room. Luckily, the porters are always very much willing to assist. And, on that note, may I commend the staff for being very kind, helpful, and accommodating!

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Manila, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

when my friends and I planned our trip to Iloilo, this hotel was highly recommended to her by another friend. and since Sarabia rings a bell, I myself expected somehow that I would be getting a good comfortable place to stay while in Iloilo.

when we finally reached Iloilo and checked in the hotel, yes, the staff were tremendously polite and very accommodating and would always lend a hand even without being asked to.

however, it was not enough to cover up for the things I have observed in the hotel room amenities:

1. No coffee making facility. It's the only hotel which is supposedly a 3-star or 4-star in that place that only provides bottled water and you still have to call the reception desk to request for your free/complimentary water. And as mentioned, no coffee making facility.

2. The bathroom fixtures are old. The sink has leaks so you would not want to brush your teeth and gargle right on their sink because it drips onto the floor.

3. The bathtub is really old.

4. Breakfast buffet was good but nothing to really look forward to, although it was enough to fill you with the energy before exploring the city.

I have no complaints with regard to the service, it was exceptional. It was the room per se that I am disappointed of.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Sarabia Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!