“there's room for improvement” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Circle Inn - Iloilo City Center

You added Circle Inn - Iloilo City Center to your Saves list
Circle Inn - Iloilo City Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Iznart St, Maria Clara, Iloilo City, Iloilo Province 5000, Philippines   |
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Iloilo City
Iloilo
“there's room for improvement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Since this hotel is new, I expected everything to be sparkling clean and smelling fresh. Such was not entirely the case, although all in all, this hotel wasn't bad at all.

There was a basement parking area that had a roll up/down gate and a door that lead to the hotel lobby. When we got a flat tire, the guard and another staff were quick to offer assistance.

We booked through Agoda and got the same price as the hotel website. Although we checked in quite late, I was happy to have gotten all my requests: a queen-sized bed in a non-smoking room (that had no smell of smoke) at a high floor and with a pool-view. The front desk staff gave me a quizzical look when I handed my credit card and ID together with our Agoda voucher. She sort of told me I had already paid when I booked with Agoda (I know!) but I was too tired to explain to her that it was one of the instructions in the voucher.

After the quick check-in, we were assisted to our room. We took the modern elevator that had touch-sensitive buttons.

After settling in our room, I looked for the map of the floor where our room was. I always familiarize myself just in case an emergency happens. Unfortunately, there was none in our room. So we just had to acquaint ourselves as to where the exit was. It was easy to see them because there were lighted signs and the stairs are right beside the elevator.

Our room looked clean but I found out two days later when I was checking everywhere for things we might leave behind before checking out that there were candy wrappers and bristles of a broom under the bed. For such a modern-looking hotel, I thought they'd be using vacuum cleaners. And even if they were not, I expected a clean room, even under the bed.

Our room was well-lighted and had adequate space. A large plastic key had to be inserted at a slot near the door to turn the power on. Other than the lock on the door knob, the door was secured by a swing-type door lock too. I appreciated the luggage rack with a space for shoes underneath. The closet area was divided horizontally into 3 so if one hung a dress, it wouldn't fit.

There's a small table with a chair towards the end of the room below the new air conditioner where two drinking glasses are placed together with the room service menu. The leatherette-upholstered chair had a bit of dust and moisture so had to wipe it before using it. The air conditioner cooled the room quickly enough and it worked efficiently. There were electrical sockets for charging phones and gadgets and Wi-Fi with reasonable speed was free.

The bed was comfortable but we did not get quality sleep on the first night because we only had 1 pillow each and although they were new, their filling did not give much head support. Also, the curtain was not thick enough to block the light from the pool area. On our second night, we requested for extra pillows and we’re told by the front desk staff that they would cost us P50 each. Although I thought it was expensive, I believe that a good night's sleep is much more precious so we ordered 2. Upon delivery to our room, we gave P100 to the staff who said we still had change. I thought P50 x 2 = P100? Anyway, we just told him to keep the change.

There was an LCD TV with lots of channels to watch. A telephone was also in the room. The room's curtain had stains on it. And it did not look new.

What I liked about our room was that it had a door leading to the room beside it. It is nice to have the option to have connecting rooms when staying with a group.

The bathroom was also well-lighted and it was well-ventilated as well, although it had no windows. The mirror was big. There was 1 rack to hang stuff. There were no hooks though. 2 pieces of soap and a sachet of shampoo with conditioner were provided. The water pressure was ok and the area was generally clean. It was also easy to control the water's temperature. The hand-held shower was also ok.

The hotel offered room service with a 3% charge. The food was a bit pricey but was delicious. One could also choose to dine at the simple hotel restaurant by the pool but it could get hot there as the place is only cooled by fans. The said dining area feels like home with the view of the lobby with basic but nice furniture.

The pool was not big but it looked clean. A Jacuzzi is on one side of it. It was free for use by hotel guests although I only saw one person take a dip when we were there.

The hotel staff were attentive and yet not overbearing. They offered prompt assistance when needed.

As for location, this hotel is in Iloilo’s old downtown area. It is near Robinson’s mall but it would be too far to walk on a hot or rainy day. It is also near the port to Guimaras.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Circle Inn - Iloilo City Center, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Thank you for the candid review and pointing out our short comings. It is important that we get feedback like yours and rest assured that the issues you have brought up will be discussed in our next staff briefing and future staff training. We aim to please and I hope you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)

Been to Circle Inn - Iloilo City Center? Share your experiences!