“Yummy Mexican Restaurant in Iloilo” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: 2 locations.
Iloilo City, Philippines
“Yummy Mexican Restaurant in Iloilo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I like Mexican food. I always look for mexican restaurants whenever I am on travel. I first discovered Moon Cafe when I went to Cebu and was so happy to find out that they have a branch in Iloilo. My favorite is Chimichanga. It is a combination of sour cream, beans, cabbage and wrapped in soft tacos. It is a must try. The restaurant is cozy with friendly waiters and waitresses.

I love this place with good food.

• Visited August 2012

Quezon city
“Not as good as the original”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

My husband and I visited this restaurant last September 15, 2012 during our trip to Iloilo. The ambience was not as nice or as homey as the Moon Cafe in Guadalupe, Cebu. The staff were accomodating and kind especially when I noticed a leak from the aircon dropping on my drinking glass, and they promptly transferred us to another table. I was so excited to try my favorite baby back ribs, however, I was disappointed because it was so tough and dry that I just had a few bites, even the bread knife they provided cannot cut into the meat. Perhaps it was not a "baby" nor "back ribs" after all. But I have to say, the tuna belly was savory. I have eaten at their branch in SM North Edsa Annex too but so few people visit there maybe a reflection of the food (there of course I have seen the waiter sleeping on two linked chairs and it was supper time) Perhaps it would be best that this specific branch in Iloilo maintain the standard of quality of the original restaurant in Guadalupe and really serve great food.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Iloilo City, Philippines
“Good menu, food, service and prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

This is the best Mexican restaurant I've found in Iloilo. They even have two brands of *real* tequila.

Visited June 2012
Iloilo City, Philippines
“A Truly Mexican Delight Experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Twice I happened to dine in Moon Cafe and I always went home very satisfied with the delicious and sumptuous Mexican food they offer. If you want to have a good treat of your friends, this is a perfect place to dine with. I love the Mexican baby back ribs and also the Chicken Mozzarella. While waiting for your main order, you may enjoy the Nachos or tacos. I also enjoyed the sun cooler Cupid's Lovers that will really quench your thirst. You will really crave for more and go back once you have tried this Mexican-inspired cafe.

• Visited February 2012
California
“Closest thing to an El Torito in Iloilo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

This restaurant rocks. Their meals start with homemade tortilla strips and salsa that rivals the tableside guacamole served at home. The food isn't necessarily "authentically Mexican" as much as "Mexican Derived". The baby back ribs are as tender as those of Tony Roma back in the states, and just like Koreatown, they have Beer Towers for some of their draughts. The pitchers of cocktails are truly pitchers, and priced VERY well. A full night of dinner and drinking for 10 people came out to less than a night of my own drinks in Los Angeles. The staff were very accomodating, bringing drinks promptly and the food as promptly as can be made. This place is great for medium-large groups and is stocked to properly keep the glasses and plates filled.

• Visited May 2012