“LA PAZ BATCHOY” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ted's Oltimer Lapaz Batchoy

Ted's Oltimer Lapaz Batchoy
Lapaz Extension | Rizal Street, Lapaz, Iloilo City, Iloilo Province, Philippines
Website
Dining options: Breakfast
Iloilo City, Philippines
“LA PAZ BATCHOY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We just left Iloilo but failed our very important plan. We tasted every Batchoy place but never found the very original tasting Batchoy we onced treasured. Remember, we are pure old time Ilongos and very picky when we get our Batchoy. Maybe next time we will go to NETONG'S LA PAZ BATCHOY. Much better than the commercialized version of Deco's and Ted's. Here's what my brother's comment on La Paz Batchoy...

"Men and women, Don't let this pinkish looking bowl discourage you. The soup base is a little salty but tolerable. The portion and ingredients are plentyfull compared to Deco's and Ted's. It is located in Lapaz market, the location might be intimadating to other people, but it doesn't bother me. People will think twice before they will rob me, I am a big guy and besides I have this "astig/siga" walk. Of all the batchoy in Iloilo, Netong's lapaz batchoy satifies my palate".

DON'T GET HYPED UP WITH OTHER BATCHOY PLACES IN ILOILO. NETONG'S IS THE KING OF THE ORIGINAL-TASTING BATCHOY. If you cannot handle the "open-market" environment to taste this best batchoy, I feel sorry for you, but you can always ask someone to buy it for you on your own container and eat it in your own comfortable environment.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Amsterdam
“A very good destination after Dinagyang”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

That was satisfying late lunch for us after we viewed the showdown. Bread and batchoy combined together is already enough for the rest of the day.

Yummy and very good warm food for the empty stomach. I always look for this establishment where ever i could be in an SM mall in the Visayas or in Mindanao.

Visited January 2012
Taguig, Rizal, Philippines
“Super special”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Yummy bachoy esp the super special, nice and friendly staff..

Visited July 2012
no_haphazard
“Ted's is just fine...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Comparing Deco's and Ted's, I'd go for Deco's as it tastes more authentic (that's just me, really). I still liked Ted's as I figured it's still best tried in Iloilo than in Manila. It's just different.

Visited July 2012
Beaumont, Texas, United States
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Ate there 3 times in 1 week. They had very good batchoy. I highly recommend Ted's.

Visited March 2012