“Worth every penny” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SmallVille 21 Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Iloilo City
SmallVille 21 Hotel
You added SmallVille 21 Hotel to your Saves list
Smallville Commercial Complex, Diversion Road | Mandurriao, Iloilo City, Iloilo Province 5000, Philippines   |
Ranked #4 of 42 Iloilo City B&B and Inns
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Worth every penny”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

The location itself is good.
Nice room service but I didn't really like their front desk, as they are busy with others things, when they should focus on customers.
Food is good, although the breakfast buffet is with limited choices.
Since it is situated near some of the bar and lounges, before check in, they would actually remind you that it wouldn't be that quiet around the eve. One of the good thing about the hotel (location) is that you're just minutes away from malls and steps away from the bar strip of Smallville.
The room is spacious and well maintained, worth every penny I've paid.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Please help me here Furiouslyfedup, 8 of you went back to the room early AM you had paid for 3, 2 left some time later, that leaves 6 that makes it later AM they left.
It was nice to hear after a shindig as you put it all 8 of you were quiet as church mice.
Good to hear but unbelievable.
I wonder what was going on before the 2 left.
It was good you did not wake up paying guests at that time in the morning also unbelievable.
If you did not get caught in the morning, you expect us to believe you would have paid for the extra people.
Furiouslyfedup you are a joke, you put a bad review on this excellent website, well it was not a review rather just a complaint about your bad behaviour not being accepted.
In the city I live in you would have all been thrown out what ever time of night it was, with all the other guests applauding.
You have no profile and no other reviews, that says it all.
To other tripadvisor readers if I have to put scores to get this message posted I will have to, I have not yet stayed in this hotel. I am in Iloilo City May, so Furiouslyfedup keep away.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Cainta, Rizal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Had an overnight trip to Iloilo early this month and this is where I was booked This is the newest, or one of the new hotels in the City so they say. Best location if you're looking for gimmicks. Night life can be great based on the number of bars/restos i've seen around the place. It's good that my trip was not during a weekend, saved me from the hassle of checking it out...

I had an early morning flight from MLA to ILO, it's good that there's already a room available so I was able to have an early check-in, like before 11:00am. The room was generally okay, plenty of space to walk around. Wifi was erratic (password already indicated in the keycard's jacket)... My laptop was connected, though very slow, but no success in connecting thru my iPad.

The following morning, I tried their (free) breakfast. Not buffet, but set/served. I tried American Breakfast. Not something to raved about but I didn't have problem with it as well.

One thing I noticed though, there's nobody to help you with your luggage..

No problem staying here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Let me share with you the really bad experience we had in Iloilo’s Smallville 21 Hotel some time in March of this year. My cousins and I checked in at around 2pm in a DeLuxe room with one matrimonial and one single bed. After our little shindig later that night, (or should I say, early the next day) we decided to go back to our room with some of our friends. We were stopped by the guard before the elevator door could close and he interrogated us where we were going and why there were too many of us (there were eight of us). We all went straight to our room and two of our friends left not long after.

A few moments later, we heard knocks on our door but decided not to answer it since we were already about to take our anticipated convenient rest in one of the “fine” hotels in the city. The phone kept ringing as well, and so we reckoned the guard probably had the front office informed about the questioning session we had downstairs. A few more knocks and phone calls followed and my cousin finally decided to open the door for us to find out what they wanted from us at four o’clock in the morning. Just when she was about to turn the knob, one really rude staff of the hotel (or the Night Supervisor, as he later mentioned) barged in the room and asked us one of the most impolite, most inappropriate questions from a hotel SUPERVISOR, “What’s going on here?” That’s the first line that came out of his awful mouth. He didn’t even say “Excuse me,” or “Good (really, really early) morning”. My cousin was furious that she argued with that rude man who then introduced himself as the Night Supervisor (Mike Gacuma was his name according to the FO staff). God, we were so frustrated to have been treated like noisy school girls in a classroom . He said their point of checking out the room is because some guests complained that we were so noisy when we cannot even remember creating too loud a noise to disturb the other guests. If we were not mistaken, his main concern was the number of people that are in the room. (For gods sake, we can pay!)

Now, here’s OUR point. What if the reason why we weren’t able to answer right away is because we were already fast asleep since it was FOUR IN THE MORNING, or that we were all changing clothes? What if we were all naked inside the room, expecting the “privacy” we were supposed to have in that dreadful hotel? My cousin kept on asking him why he had to just swing the door open and ask us like that. He even answered us, “What if you were doing something here?” WOW! What could that something be? How “kind” of him to accuse his guests of doing “something”. He did a headcount and said that the room is only good for three. We said, “Yes, we are aware and we are going to pay for the extra persons that are staying in the room.” The argument didn’t stop there, so I cut him off and said, “We rented a room we could have all to ourselves. You are invading our privacy. You could’ve just waited for the check out time and just charged us with the additional fees which we surely are going to pay for. Now, get out of this room. Please!”

He scooted out and during the check out time, we were charged an extra fee of 1500php for the 6 EXTRA persons that were in the room. Now, that’s weird because we can only remember 3 extra people in there. We had to clarify how much it costs for each extra person and they said 250. Well, okay, we were not paying for 1500 then. Hell, no, we were not paying for persons we didn’t have in the room!
We spoke with the Morning Supervisor and she agreed that we only pay for 750 because they’re “waiving” the fee for the three more persons. That means they really didn’t believe us when we said there were ONLY three extra people in there. They can’t even show us one tiny bit of proof of how many they were able to count. The Morning Supervisor also told us to remember next time that visiting hours is only until 10pm. My cousin then told her that with the inconvenience they caused us, there will be no next time because we are never going back to that hotel to check in ever again!

I have a lot of colleagues here in Manila who often ask me where to stay when in Iloilo. I’ll have the perfect answer next time: “NOT in SMALLVILLE 21.”

• Stayed March 2013
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I have stayed at Smallville21 twice when I visited Iloilo in 2012. Very clean hotel, really nice staff, rooms were ok. I thought the staff was very accommodating. I do not understand why some people said service was poor and staff unfriendly. People always want to be catered to when they stay in hotels, but be reasonable. You are not the only guest the staff has to attend to.

ELJ
Los Angeles, California

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Very nice new hotel with nicely designed and very comfortable modern rooms at good prices. Located in Smallville, an "entertainment complex" on the outskirts of central Iloilo, a good place to be with lots of eating options and even a nice boardwalk area for your morning/evening stroll.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Bacolod City, Bacolod, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I love the designs of the rooms, price is just right. You will absolutely love the hotel since it is quite new. Location is perfect as well. And their elevator design is chic. I have been there 3x and I have never been disappointed. I hope you maintain the rooms well. Keep it up.

Room Tip: Choose this hotel. You can never go wrong with the location and value.