“Budget traveller” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ong Bun Pension House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Iloilo City
Ong Bun Pension House
You added Ong Bun Pension House to your Saves list
Ong Bun Building near corner Quezon-Ledesma Street, Iloilo City, Iloilo Province 5000, Philippines   |
Ranked #17 of 44 Iloilo City B&B and Inns
Manila, Philippines
“Budget traveller”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

If you are on a budget Ong Bun is a place for you don't expect some frills.it has no elevator and the Beddings are not clean especially the extra mattress.its 2 blocks from Robinson Malls and banks.I decided to book on this pension house since were on a budget and we only stay there for a night.since were going to Guimaras.The staff was nice and willing to answer all your question regarding the Destination.They have a Canteen if you want to eat there.its not recommended for senior citizen and kids because the place was not spacious.Ideal for single person or group of friends.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Muntinlupa, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

This place is really affordable. I've stayed in this place several times.it's only the facade which looks not attractive since it's an old building,but once u get inside of it,it's totally different.It's beautiful.See for yourself.Book a room and you'll know what i mean.The staff are great.They keep the room tidy everyday and very accommodating.There's different rooms to choose from all suits your budget.I will keep coming back to this place.It's located in the center of the city and they have a canteen inside.

Room Tip: choose the ones with aircon to have a more favorable rest for the night.And reserve a room early bec...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Essex
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Ong Bun Pension House Iloilo has to be one of the worst places I have ever stayed in.
If you read my other reviews you will note I always go for budget accommodation.
I have stayed in some rough places in my time, and you do get what you pay for.
I found this accommodation before I left the UK.
It was only to be a back up plan if I could not find a room for 1 night on Guimarsa Island, as time would be very tight that day.
I had already booked a room for 1 night before I was to leave Iloilo at the Riverside Inn a much better choice.
I am only talking about my room.
I paid 330 Pesos for a single room with shared showers and toilets, they were on the floor above.
The showers and toilets were absolutely disgusting all broken etc, my room smelt dirty, and the sheets and towel were disgusting.
All the sofas outside were torn and disgusting.
My main complaint was, this was more like a dose house, you had some rooms full of noisy families, more like a hostel for the homeless than a pension house.
You had men and women drinking and smoking in the corridors, and making loads of noise.
I paid 320 Pesos in Calapan Mindoro for the same type of accommodation, but that was more like a palace compared to this dump.
I do blame the management and staff, in most hotels/pension houses you are not allowed to smoke or drink in public areas.
If it was not so late I would not have stayed, but it was only for 1 night.
The good points, none for me.
I hated the place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
brussels
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

The pension is actually located about 30m from the aforesaid junction, along the north side of Ledesma street AWAY from Robinson Mall, look up and you will see a large sign. There is only a small staircase without any sign when i stayed with a friendly security guard outside equipped with gun, as all are here.
I was allowed to checkin half an hour ahead of the 2pm deadline. The reception seems quite busy , there are many guests. The reception is quite nice but with old long sofas for guests to wait. The economy rooms 3 USD a night, 150 pesos are of course located on the top 5th floor. There is a canteen on the 4th open long hours at reasonable prices.
The economy room is very tiny and very spartan but clean enough albeit with grey looking sheets and pillow case. There is a table and chair and a fan, the room seems to be much hotter than the corridor all night.
I have never stayed anywhere as cheap, but it was passable, yes

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Iligan City, Iligan, Philippines
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

We were traveling in two and my travel buddy booked, and have a double room booked for us. When we checked in the room we expected from their site did not live up to that expectations. In short, yes, false advertising.

1] One of the bed was still unmade, and the service crew just left it for us to fix it when she gave us the linens
2] No hot shower
3] Wifi connection goes off every night.

When another travel buddy arrived in Iloilo, we decided to share the room.

4] The foam was placed at the corner, and they left the linens, and pillow for us to set up, and fix the bed.
----- I guess it is standard procedure for them to let the guest/s make the bed.
5] When we checked out, it turned out they "upgraded" the room from DELUXE 2 (room with 2 beds), to DELUXE 3 (room with 3 beds) price. So instead of paying only 100PhP for the extra bed, we had to pay the same rate for a room with 3 beds. Extra bed rate is just for show.
----- They do have signange on the counter and in their website for a 100PhP extra bed rate, but it seems they upgrade the room rate to the next room price, and disregard their own policis. This is the same when we checked - in at Ongbun Bacolod and it happened just the same.

I do know that Ongbun Pension House is a budget hotel, but I do not want to be mislead, and I do want to get my money's worth. And because of such deviousness, misleading, and false advertising, and poor service, the cheap rate is not worth it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Paranaque
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I booked at Ong Bun 3 months earlier for the Dinagyang 2013. The room is clean, towels supplied are soiled already but cleaned, the bathroom is shiny with new floor tiles but no Hot shower. The inn's location is very close to the events during the Dinagyang Ati- atihan competition. In fact, we just watched every tribe parade in front of the hotel.Hotel staff are friendly and are very accommodating. Our room is being cleaned everyday. The hotel is just a walking distance to SM Delgado, Robinson's mall and other famous fastfood chain. There is a new Ong bun building being constructed at present and as per the staff, new and better rooms will be ready soon. I plan to bring my family to see Dinagyang 2014 again and decided to stay at Ong Bun Iloilo.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Iloilo City, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I have been staying in this place for the nth time but sometimes quite disappointed by the misinformation and miscommunication which results to wrong room given which costs excessive charges which should not be. Before I was informed about the amenities inside the room which I want to reserve but recently when I made a reservation I was not informed it was not a room for me. I tried to reserve a room for only one person which is spacious and had a bathroom but I got a room which large good for 3 person or more because their website has insufficient information more so I was not informed it is for 3 person. Then I transfer to a smaller room then to another. I hope they update and supply their website with sufficient information to avoid confusion and errors. So far the room is nice, the staff bit ok and kind. I hope to get the correct and appropriate room for me the next time I checked in again in this pension house

Room Tip: Ask signification questions for more information about what you really need in your room as their we...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Ong Bun Pension House? Share your experiences!