“Best of the Worst in Bacolod” 3 of 5 stars
Review of L'Fisher Hotel

You added L'Fisher Hotel to your Saves list
L'Fisher Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   14th and Lacson Street | Bacolod City, Bacolod, Negros Occidental, Philippines   |
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Bacolod
“Best of the Worst in Bacolod”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2011

I stayed here as I was in town for 2 days on a work trip, and the hotel looked lovely in the lobby, nice staff with a friendly smile and the hotel seemed to be swish.

I got to my room and the poor air conditioner was on it's last legs and was clunking along which caused the worst nights sleep I've had in a hotel.

The food was actually semi-ok, and the location was very central. Bacolod isn't a posh place, and the hotel punched well above it's weight.

Nice little gift shop inside the hotel as well, and drinks were well priced.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Manila, Philippines
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2010

1. Poor service - they made no effort to ensure that I enjoyed my stay. I needed help in breaking my bills to loose change and the front desk person gave me a roundabout pointing me to the restaurant, then the restaurant pointing me to the coffee shop. The check-in process was slow because they didn't have enough staff manning the front desk. After I checked in, no one bothered to help me get settled into my room.

2. Old, disgusting rooms - carpet is disgustingly dirty, like I was literally scared to drop anything onto the carpet due to fear of contaminating it with germs. I also saw a lizard running around in the bathroom. The mouthpiece of the telephone had a bad smell eewww. Really terrible.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2010

I've been in Bacolod so many times, mostly on a business trip. LFisher is always a great find if you are in Bacolod. they have a new "wing" when I went there and it was great. They have complete facilities especially for business travelers. They have conference rooms for business meetings. They have great buffet restaurant.

This hotel is probably the best hotel in Bacolod.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2010

We stayed at the chalet rooms which is like a small new hotel at the back of the "real"/original L'Fisher hotel. Don't expect fluffy white pillows and luxurious sheets but it was just right for a place to stay in Bacolod.
We went during the Masskara festival weekend so the place (actually, the CITY) was understandably full. Note: we booked months in advance... my brother's friends wanted to stay at L'Fisher too but it was fully booked already when they inquired.
When you arrive at the Bacolod airport, no need to ask for a hotel transfer since there are taxis available (fixed cost from airport to L'Fisher: P500/trip). Plus it costs PHP500 per PERSON (~USD11) if you get hotel transfer.
The rooms weren't ready yet when we arrived and were told that they would be ready by 3pm. But we left our things with the concierge first so we could explore the city already.
And it's quite convenient to explore the city from the hotel. The hotel is located at Lacson Street where the "Tourism Strip" is. Or if you need to go elsewhere, just ask the folks at the front door to find a taxi / car service and they'll find one for you (we were told that the standard rate for an nice air-conditioned car with driver is PHP1800 or USD40 for 10 hrs, without gas).
We got good rooms (standard rooms 3044 and 3047) away from the elevators (almost at the end of the corridor) so we weren't bothered by too much noise. But I can imagine how noisy it can be for some rooms that are nearer to the elevators since some noise did reach us.
Breakfast was good -- choice of Corned Beef, Danggit (small salted dried fish) and something else + orange juice or coffee. It was served at the 4th floor where the pool is - and the pool looks really pretty.
We requested for late checkout and was allowed to keep one room until 2pm.
Overall -- a steady hotel that met our needs

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Manila
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2010

Stayed here for a business trip. We got a standard room on a 50% discount (Promo for September). We stayed at the Chalet, the newer building.

Room and Room amenities: Spacious enough, we were just three in a group so we just got a standard room and an extra bed. It was still OK. The extra bed was just a folding bed with a foam.
There's complimentary bottled water with thermos. The mini-bar is optional, you have to request from house-keeping if you want the mini-bar set-up. By default, it's just a small unplugged refrigerator.
The bathroom lacks amenities. It just had soap and shampoo. No toothbrush and toothpaste. Standard hot/cold shower. No bath tub.
There's also free wi-fi.
I was disappointed with the aircon. I think it is under powered for the room space. It wasn't getting cold when I was sleeping which I fund irritating. Note that the hotel is new (opened last October 2009) so the aircon should still be functioning well.

Service: The stay included a set breakfast for two. The choices were Chorizo(native sausage), Corned Beef (canned - don't know the brand), Tocino and Danggit with egg, atchara and either coffee or (powered - I think it's Tang) juice. Serving was just right. It was worth P120 for the additional person.
Service was just right. Just had to note that one night, I availed of their room service. I ordered just a cup of tea and a bottled water. I called room service then I was transferred to house keeping then back again to room service. Even they were confused with just an order of hot tea and a bottled water.

Hotel Amenities: It has a pool on the roof top and a restaurant. The pool was nice with a poolside bar. Also, there's a gym and a salon. The Chalet is just four floors. The ground area is for parking and reception. 2nd and 3rd floors are for guest rooms while the 4th floor is for their events, restos and pool.

Surrounding area: It's near downtown so if the Maskara Festival is happening, it would be easy to go there. Also, the central plaza or lagoon where the main street is just 3-4 blocks away.

Overall, I think this is already the most expensive and classy hotel in Bacolod City, but if it's worth the price, then you be the judge.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Quezon City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2010

I would have given this new hotel (L'Fisher Chalet) a double thumbs up because of the cleanliness of the room (Grand Family Room 3035) and the quiet and serenity of it but changed my mind the following day. I was resting on the other room (family room has another separate room) when suddenly I was rudely startled by a loud heavy pounding (hammering) and drilling coming from the other side of the wall of my room. I thought it would just go away and did not bother to report it. But the disturbing sound did not go away and it went on for another 15 minutes until I was force to transfer to the outer room. The very annoying sound of pounding I guess went on until my checkout time at 12NN. Upon checkout I reported the incident at the desk. But then I was already upset . Worst, I was informed that I have incurred CORKAGE CHARGE of P125 for the Pizza that I have ordered from Greenwich and delivered to my room the day before.

But in fairness, I loved the food at Ripples Restaurant especially their buffet breakfast but can't say much of the food served at Chalet tower, it needs more improvement in taste and presentation.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Manila
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

Since the "Chalet" has no review yet and it seems that "Chalet", a new hotel in Bacolod is a 'sister' hotel of the reliable "L'Fisher Hotel', I am taking this opportunity to warn future guests of the Chalet. I with 3 of my co-employees were in this hotel recently for a business trip. The rates were a little bit higher maybe because all hotels in the area were fully booked, since there was a national convention happening in this hotel. Still, took the two room and together with it were the the inconveniences that went with it. First, we dined out at their pool area and was told that they close by 11pm. We ordered our last drinks BUT when 11pm came, while we were still enjoying our drinks, lights started to dim and even the ceiling fan was switched off. (This is Filipino hospitality at its worst!) The following day when we were to check out, somebody in our group asked that we be allowed to check-out at 2:00 pm. It was granted...but, at 12:00 noon, I got a call from the receptionist that we are suppose to vacate our room and just transfer to the other room. Only one room could be extended. Incidentally 2 males occupy one room and the other room by two females. Right, there and then, we decided to leave this FORGETTABLE hotel!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Been to L'Fisher Hotel? Share your experiences!