“Good Hotel Right Next to Cebu Intl Airport” 4 of 5 stars

Waterfront Airport Hotel and Casino
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Airport Road, Lapu Lapu 6015, Philippines   |
Ranked #8 of 28 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Ahmedabad, India
“Good Hotel Right Next to Cebu Intl Airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

This place is right opposite to Cebu international airport and is walking distance from airport. You dont need a taxi to get to the hotel. The hotel rooms are clean and well equipped with all modern amenities. The food is overall good and the buffet breakfast is a complete delight with loads of options to chose from. The staff is pretty supportive however slow in service after 11pm. overall good value for money.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Aman2405

Mindanao, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

As much as I love the Waterfront in Lahug. This hotel is just OLD. My aunt who is allergic to dust mites, kept on having allergic reactions. We had to cover the rattan bed and tables in the entire room. I'd like to clarify that our room was clean upon checking in but because of old building, my aunt kept having allergic attacks. We tried staying at the lobby, but still she kept on whizzing. My comforter also had a small tear. Our television, although working the channels keep fizzing out. I think its their cable operator. The only saving grace of this hotel were 2 things. 1. The service 2. Location. We were having an early flight thus we stayed here. But given the chance, I don't think we'll ever come back until they renovate the place. The price we payed was not worth it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Stephanie D
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

If I stay in Cebu for buisnees or i have a late flight out i like to stay here. The front desk pepole are very helpful a frendly a nice large clean pool open from 6 am til 9 pm.. A silent room with view on the runway room 614 a very good food a roomservice good Wifi.. Nice bathroom a hot shouer very good aircondition a Tv Stations a newschanels..i will be back there..

• Stayed August 2013
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

View: no view

Laundry: towels, shampoo & shower gel, tooth brush & paste, razor, water boiler, hair dryer are provided

WiFi: No, for the standard room , they provide free wifi only at lobby but you need to enter user name and password every time you've signed out. hassel

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank devilcoach
Toledo City, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

My family checked in at 3PM in this hotel to await my arrival from Korea at 1 am the following day. Since we live in the province which was 3 hours drive from the airport, an overnight stay at a hotel a stone's throw away from the airport seemed to be a good idea.

When I arrived, my dad took our car from the hotel parking lot, but was stopped by the security guard, saying that we had to pay a parking fee. When we explained that we were hotel guests, they asked for a validation stamp, which my dad didnt have since it was in the dead of night.

To hurry things up, since my family didn't want to keep me waiting (I did come from a 20+ hour trip from Korea connecting from the US), my dad paid the P235 parking fee, believing that once he explained the situation to the manager, we would surely get our money back.

We didn't. They said it was because we didn't have our parking ticket validated. A simple stamp and that's it. Frank, the supervisor also said that because they already remitted the money, they couldn't refund us.

I won't stay again at this hotel afain. It's rundown, the carpets are torn in places (6th floor corridor just outside Rm 634), breakfast buffet is so-so, the stench of cigarette smoke and noise from the casino plus THERE IS NO FREE PARKING for guests. Not this guest anyway, even as we explained our case.

There is a newer hotel down the road from the airport, if the only advantage of this Waterfront is its proximity.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank Krisdos
Manila, Philippines
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

The hotel staff removed clothing from my room. Upon returning to my room after being out all day I found I was missing a pair of shorts. The front desk brushed me off and said they would contact me if they turn up. Very disappointed, not even sure how this can happen.

The hotel was decent, but will absolutely never stay there again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Frequent_Traveler_Z
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Really nice luxury hotel with all the resort features. The rooms are large and the bathrooms are large with nice fittings and a big bath. My room overlooked the airport so I could watch the planes take-off and land all night, the windows are double glazed so there is no noise from the airplanes but there was a dull and constant "doof-doof" all night from the nightclub or casino so make sure you request a room a long way from the nightlife end of the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the opposite end of the building to the nightclub and casino to avoid the "do...