My wife-to-be and I stayed a night at the Mövenpick for our prenuptial photo session. It's also the venue for our wedding later this year.
Overall the hotel is great, it lives by its tradition to be Swiss and comes with a friendly Filipino staff. What I loved most is the simplicity of style and in my opinion it makes it look very clean.
There is nothing major I have to complain about, but there are however some little details that do need attention. Let's not forget, this being a Swiss hotel, every small detail counts and bring Swiss myself, I know.
First thing I noticed is the lotion bottle in the bathroom which has not been replaced with a new bottle. It was half empty, or half full whichever way you like it.
The hair blower didn't come with an adaptor plug (UK plug) and I couldn't find a suitable outlet plug anywhere in the room.
The bathroom itself looks dated and shows some wear. I think it's the same bathroom since when it was still the Hilton.
The breakfast, which came with a lot of variety tasted a little bland and is nothing to rave about, except for the bacon.
As I said, nothing major at all. I specially would like to thank the staff for the free upgrade and the exceptional friendly service! This hotel remains highly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Mediterranean-inspired enclave is set on its own private beach on Mactan Island and offers white sandy beaches, year-round summer weather and exceptional diving and snorkeling. Business is easy with various Executive Floors and an Executive Lounge. All accommodations feature high speed internet access. The resort is just ten minutes from Mactan International Airport and 25 minutes from cosmopolitan Cebu City, offering vibrant nightlife, extensive shopping and 24-hour casinos. For the ultimate dining experience, choose from the hotel's 5 restaurants and bars, featuring the Philippine's first and only Ibiza style Beach Club. Stay active with a visit to the fully equipped health club offering a professional gymnasium, steam room and luxurious garden spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Moevenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Movenpick Resort & Spa Cebu Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Movenpick Resort And Spa Cebu
- Hilton Cebu Hotel
- Hilton Mactan Island
- Hilton Lapu Lapu
- Lapu Lapu Hilton
- Moevenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu Cebu Island