“Will definitely come back!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Moevenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu

You added Moevenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu to your Saves list
Moevenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Punta Engano, Lapu Lapu 6015, Philippines (Formerly Moevenpick Resort & Spa Cebu)   |
Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Manila, Philippines
“Will definitely come back!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Had a pleasurable experience last weekend during our sales convention. Will definitely come back and bring my family. Food was awesome! super great!!! Enjoyed my cozy stay at the Ibiza bar last Wed with free 2 cocktail drinks since it was ladies night. Buffet at ibiza was also great! Had wine all you can with buffet. Stayed for 2 nights and buffet selection esp the salad bar during lunch and breakfast was perfect! I loved eggs benedict available at buffet, awesome! =) I love it!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Moevenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write the review above. It is with pleasure to read that you had such a positive experience with us and that you are planning to return soon with your family.
We are also thankful for your nice comments about our food.

Knuth Kiefer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at many hotels throughout my years. This, I would have to say, is one of the better hotels simply because of the service level and attention that was provided. The staff took such great care of my wife and me while we stayed there that there is no other hotel for me when I return to Cebu.

It all started with the personalized care that was provided upon check in. The staff took us around the hotel and advised us of hours and available features before allowing the bellhop to take over and escort us to our room. This is not that amazing, I know. But, my wife had forgotten a fairly important item , contact solution, and we mentioned it to the staff. Before we were done with the bellhop, the frost desk staff had arrived in our room with a loaner bottle and a guarantee of a permanent replacement to follow the next morning.

They did come through and had exactly what my wife required and would not take any payment for it. This was way above what any hotel staff should have done. They simply took extremely good care of us. They knew our names after only one meeting and addressed us accordingly. It was simply an amazing stay and should anyone be considering a trip to Cebu, they absolutely should place this hotel at the top of the list for consideration. I know that this is my new home on Mactan Island.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Moevenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Not only am I happy to read that you have had an enjoyable stay with us, it also makes me proud about my team reading about their initiative to assist your wife with the needed contact lenses liquid. I believe it is the people that set one hotel apart from another and I am glad that my team has displayed excellent customer service in this case.

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience on this website and we do hope to welcome you back again soon

Quezon, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Great ambiance. Bright, airy lobby. Luxurious pool. Nice exclusive beach. Great party atmosphere at Ibiza club! Loved it! Location was perfect for those who want to stay somewhere exclusive enough to escape the city buzz but close enough to be conveniently accessible to the airport.

Loved the cool, Ibiza lounge feel - by the pool, by the beach, and at the Ibiza club.

Room Tip: Get an ocean view!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
I am happy to read that you enjoyed the loungy, modern ambience we aim to create for our guests. Our Ibiza Beach Club aims to provide world class entertainment and a unique ambience for people to enjoy a great time.
I do hope we have an opportunity to seeing you back here again soon.

Thanks again for sharing your comments.

Taguig City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 1 night last December. It was an overall lovely experience.

PROS
- Chic interiors (common areas and rooms)
- Free chocolate every 3PM
- Designer hotel amenities - Chopard
- Breakfast buffet selection is just right. I loved the free healthy vegetable/ fruit shot they give out.
- We tried the churasco in the evening and the food was excellent
- Friendly and helpful staff
- Lots of space for sunbathing (both in the beach, garden and pool)
- We arrived very early from a 6am flight and the hotel was nice enough to let us check in early.

CONS
- Small beach
- The sunbathing area in Ibiza needs to be fixed. Some of the woven parts at the edge of Ibiza were loose and didn't feel secure anymore.
- I wanted to buy sunblock from the stores but most of the lotions were expired already.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Moevenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments on this website. I appreciate you taking the time to write about your stay with us.
I am happy that we have overall succeeded in providing you with an enjoyable stay.
Thank you for pointing out to me the expired sun lotion sold in the shop. While the shop is not operated by the hotel, we will certainly bring this to the attention of the operator.

Drumheller, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

My daughter, son-in-law, wife and I decided to book a trip to this area on short notice as we neared the end of our Philippine vacation. We found a good air and accommodation package from Manila online and booked about a week prior to our stay during the first week in February, 2014. What a great decision! The service was wonderful! From the moment we checked in Aizel made it her mission to see that we had a great stay, many times seeking us out around the resort to make sure everything was to our liking. We opted for the Executive Lounge package, which turned out to be a good decision with the afternoon tea, Happy Hour, breakfasts, a sunset cruise and many other perks. During the time spent there Nico Jhie and Candace kept us entertained and attended to our every need. I have travelled many places around the world and I found the food here to be first rate. My compliments to the Chef! Some parts of the Hotel were a little tired but I liked the renovations which incorporate the clean contemporary styling and I am sure it will eventually be completed throughout the rest of the facility.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
It is a great pleasure reading your review about our hotel based on your recent stay.
I am happy that you have opted for our Executive Lounge package which provides excellent value to our guests and as you have highlighted in your write-up, the positive service attitude of our team adds to this further.
I am glad you had such a positive experience and I hope we will be able to welcome you back again soon.

Salmiyah, Kuwait
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

With Arabic Husband travelling to Cebu has a lot of expectations, airport pick up was arrange from the hotel which is convenient for us, Driver is very kind & attentive to guest, check in is a little bit cold but very good, at first rooms are not sea view as requested then they moved us to higher & other side to get better view & Yeey,, everything just perfect.. breakfast, the view, the service, the tours can even be arrange at the hotel, The Spa is a must to try, the Ibiza Club is amazing, the lobby itself is really a grand, i can say that when your inside the resort you are already in total different place,,a moment you enter the vicinity of the resort, all i can is that our short vacation is perfect,, i suggest to you try the Mango Salad with Shrimps, the Organic Chicken Adobo they are the amazing,,(Restaurant Staff are very helpful, i mean all of them) love to the place..

Room Tip: Deluxe room Sea view with balcony is amazing for a couple
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Moevenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
I am happy that you and your husband had a pleasant anniversary celebration at our hotel.
I appreciate your positive comments and we are glad that we were able to meet your expectations and provide you with a memorable visit.

It is always nice to get feedback from guests from various parts of the world as our aim is to provide each and every guest with a great stay.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

To sum up first:

✅ nice ambiance
✅ good food
✅ excellent service
✅ with game room/spa/steamroom
✅ an hour from mactan int'l airport
✅ free ice cream ❤️
✅ value for money

Daytour package: P2,000/person inclusive of semi-buffet lunch plus free use of game room/pool/beach. (9-6pm)

We visited a week ago and I would say that we enjoyed our stay at the resort. We we're a bit giddy already on our way there. And it took us about an hour or maybe less if you'll be coming from the airport. We love the ambiance which is hip and relaxing at the same time. We were entertained well by the receptionist in-charged even though we only availed of their day tour package. We were served with a mango juice while waiting. Then we were directed to the locker room where we kept our things. We love the ambiance and it definitely is picture-worthy! The semi-buffet food is delicious also. There weren't too many food to choose from however, we still enjoyed the food that was served. They even have employees who are multi-lingual who assists those guests who cannot speak in English. They also provide you towels to dry you up after swimming. They also offer other water activities such as banana boat and the like. The shoreline wasn't that long than we expected but it didn't matter much since we were having a good time anyway. They also have a gaming room for kiddos and those kiddos at heart. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and We recommend it to those who just want to relax or to those who want to deviate themselves from the busy life in Manila. Kuddos to everyone who never removed their smiles while serving their guests.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your day trip to our resort. thank you for sharing your experience here on tripadviser and for giving us such a high rating. I do hope you will visit us again in the very near future

Knuth Kiefer

Been to Moevenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu? Share your experiences!