I have really mixed feelings about this place.
The staff is exceptional and I especially appreciated Ann's attention. She had a warm, approachable personality which is why I felt comfortable approaching her about activities around Cebu. She recommended the city tour which was excellent as it provides insight and history to the city of Cebu. For anyone interested in this tour, do not select the option with dinner! Dinner was disgusting and extremely disappointing. I should have just eaten the ramen cups provided in our room.
The pool is kept extremely clean which I really appreciate. The pool cleaner is really diligent about his work. I would always be the first person there in the morning (jet lag) and I would watch him meticulously collect every speck of dirt or particle out of the pool. What I don't appreciate is not being able to eat my bag of chips without being reprimanded when the bag of chips came purchased from the hotel shop!
The beach is man made so you get that gritty sand instead of the soft powder of natural sand. it is so tiny you can walk from one end to the next with exactly 50 big steps meaning you can't exactly "go for a run" on the beach.
Moving on to the bedroom, there was always this weird smell in the room which I couldn't understand. Maybe it was just the smell of natural humidity but get this - there was a shower that NEVER got hot so we had to shower in the bathtub which did't have glass walls! If you raised the shower head to your head, the waterflow stopped! For an entire week, my bf and I showered in the bathtub ON OUR KNEES. Here's the other crappy thing - the toiletries are "Chopard" branded which had me smelling like a MAN for a week!
They were also missing tiny details like putting a hook on the bathroom door or maybe two extra bath towels would have been nice.
The grilled cheese dish on the menu is NOT a grilled cheese!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's two slices of thick fluffy white bread with god knows what in the center. To be fair, their adobo chicken is out of this world.
The hotel is pretty, the staff is nice, but I have to admit I was a bit disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Mediterranean-inspired enclave is set on its own private beach on Mactan Island and offers white sandy beaches, year-round summer weather and exceptional diving and snorkeling. Business is easy with various Executive Floors and an Executive Lounge. All accommodations feature high speed internet access. The resort is just ten minutes from Mactan International Airport and 25 minutes from cosmopolitan Cebu City, offering vibrant nightlife, extensive shopping and 24-hour casinos. For the ultimate dining experience, choose from the hotel's 5 restaurants and bars, featuring the Philippine's first and only Ibiza style Beach Club. Stay active with a visit to the fully equipped health club offering a professional gymnasium, steam room and luxurious garden spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Moevenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Movenpick Resort & Spa Cebu Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Movenpick Resort And Spa Cebu
- Hilton Cebu Hotel
- Hilton Mactan Island
- Hilton Lapu Lapu
- Lapu Lapu Hilton
- Moevenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu Cebu Island