“Welcome Treat at Movenpick” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Moevenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu

Save Saved
You added Moevenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu to your Saves list
Moevenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Punta Engano, Lapu Lapu 6015, Philippines (Formerly Moevenpick Resort & Spa Cebu)   |
Ranked #4 of 26 hotels in Lapu Lapu
Manila, Philippines
“Welcome Treat at Movenpick”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Visited Movenpick Hotel last August 29, 2013. We were courteously greeted by their hotel staffs and was given welcome drinks. We were surprised with the gesture as we were not booked in this hotel and was only there for room occular inspection and to eat at Ibiza. Nevertheless, it was a delight to be well accomodated by their very helpful hotel staffs.

We were able to check around 4 different rooms: from their superior upto their 2-bedroom family suite. The rates were reasonable considering that it is 4-5 star hotel. I'll definitely book the seaview room on my next visit here as the room is bigger than the superior, overlooking the sea and has a veranda. The sight is spectacular.

The best way to end the trip to Movenpick is to dine at the famous Ibiza Bar. The setting of the bar is Mediterranean. Dont forget to order the Wagyu Burger (P1, 300+), lamb pasta, ostrich and paella. A bottle of sparkling wine will seal the deal here.

Overall, this place is highly recommended. Will see you soon!

• Stayed August 2013
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Moevenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
I am glad to read that you had such a positive impression of our hotel on your recent inspection visit. I appreciate you pointing out the courtesy of our employees and the food at our Ibiza Beach club.
We very much look forward to have you stay with us in the near future to give you an opportunity to enjoy all the services and facilities we have to offer.

Thank you.

305 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Korean first
Cebu City, Philippines
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Ocean suite 1 bedroom. As soon as you enter the room there's this feeling of being crowded in. It must be the way the furnitures are arranged, but you'd have to be extra agile and alert to avoid stubbing your toe, hitting your shins on protruding edges, or bumping your head in a poorly placed overhead lamp. The bed mattress is unyielding it's only a small upgrade from sleeping on the floor. The door hinges are creaky and needs oiling. There was only one bathrobe but 2 pairs of slippers. The floor is of faux wood combined with textured tiles that holds grime more suited outdoors. There is no dressing table, you'd have to use the one over the bathroom sink. The TV cable reception is fuzzy. The balcony now, there's a joke. Its like less than half a meter deep, the railings high and thick and close together like being 'behind bars'. The tub is slim, and has jacuzzi but one look at the rusty mechanism will turn you off. The menu choices for room service is sparse. The wifi is at a snail's pace, and it logs you off every 30mins or so. That is why I must hurry typing this before I get logged off. Our neighbor's racking cough made sure we woke up really early, way before our alarm was supposed to set off. Do not make the same mistake we did.

Room Tip: Suite rooms are disappointingly small.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Moevenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your accommodation. I have taken note of the various problems you pointed out and we will look into this.

However, I am a bit surprised about your comment on the internet as we have just installed a new system in the hotel which generally receives good comments from our guests. Most hotels in the Philippines still charge for internet, while we provide this for free in all rooms and public areas. We do have an option for higher speed in case guests want to download movies and larger files at a small daily fee though.

Additionally, our balconies are build with safety as the first priority, particularly as we have families with small children. They are however not unusually obstructive to the view from the rooms.

I tried to personally contact you as your review indicated that you were still in the hotel when you wrote the review but by the time the review was posted, you had already left unfortunately. Therefore, please contact me at my email : Knuth.kiefer@moevenpick.com

Veneto, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Me and my family have been to Moevenpick from 9 august to 23 room 705.
I can say this is the best place to stay in Cebu for a vacation.
Thanks to all the STAFF that was incredible and could satisfy everything we need, very kind and professional in any occasion, a big thank you to Juella from reception that was the first person in reception that received us at 3am when we arrived. And many thanks to all the staff that few days after found our baggage lost in the airport.
The location of the beach is very nice, even if it was not the perfect month to stay in Cebu, i can say we did enjoy so much all the sealife around the resort.
Breakfast in the morning was very good, maybe you could change a bit more the choice of the food everyday.
All the restaurants was very nice and Churrasco was super, at ibiza very nice show and music.

Only advice i can give to improve a bit more the resort are: change pillows its really impossible to sleep with them, they are too soft and please add icecreams to your Bar, in Philippines there are so many nice flavors to try that a resort like yours should have.

Your cars service was perfect too many thanks to Rico that was our driver when we needed.

so in conclusion thank you again, its useless to think of another place to stay in Cebu now that we know Moevenpick, next time we come there we will be again in Moevenpick.

Cebu is a beautiful Island and Moevenpick is the best choice to enjoy it.

Marco, Sheila and Christopher

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Moevenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
I am very happy that you and your family had such a great time at our hotel. As you stayed for an extended period, you could enjoy all facilities and services provided and therefore your account of your stay means a lot to us.
I have taken note on your comment about the breakfast variety. Certainly a good point considering the number of days you stayed with us and we will improve on this further.

I have also taken note of your preference of a harder pillow, so for future visits, we will have this ready for you. I apologize that this has somehow resulted in your sleep quality being negatively affected.

Again, thank you very much for the great comments and marks you have given us and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future

Macau, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Again an excellent Holydays

I stay with my family from 5 to 11 August, and I have high expectations after my last stay in March 2013. We booked 2 rooms sea view, and Jerry upgrade us to a 2 room’s suite with sea view.

The staff once again exceeded BY FAR my expectations, no words to describe the Staff, 6 stars.

THANKS TO; Rinz; Christine; Crystyl; Duffy, Rexsan; Ice, Duffy, PJ, Jerry, Fatima, Honzel, the nurse (sorry I don’t remember the name), Candice, Kenny, Ena, Gilbert, Iris, Ann, Tracy.

A special thanks to Nico on the executive lounge (niconico the smiling girl), Aizel on the reception and Joel on the Forun/pool/beach, natural hoteliers, And last but not least all the Staff we can’t see

Just a small problem in Sails in two dinners, first with an extra “condiment” in a Pizza, and the buffet is very good wend the food don’t finish. But even with this not so good remarks I will keep tell my friends this is the place to enjoy holydays.

Isn’t a cheap place to stay all day, but the relation price quality is good.
For sure we will be back

Thanks
Leal, Family
Room 901 from 5 to 11 August

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Moevenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Receiving such positive comments from a guest who has previously already stayed with us, validates our efforts of providing an exceptional experience to our customers even more.

I thank you for taking the time to share your comments here and I shall certainly disseminate this as well to my entire team and the members you have named individually in particular.

We look forward to your next visit and hope you will find it equally enjoyable.

Thanks

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Classique Herbs Corporation would like to thank Movenpick Hotel in Mactan Cebu City for the utmost hospitality of the stuff not to mention excellent food and service provided during our our Convention finale night last August 19, 2013. The place is perfect for the group. Special mention to Miss Tiffany Fulledo who went crazy because our reservation is only for an estimate of 170 pax but we had an attendance of 300 persons.Its great how she handled the group and how she coped up with such a change. Thank you so much. We will definitely recommend your hotel

• Stayed August 2013
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Moevenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
On behalf of my entire team, I would like you for your positive comments and for your trust in arranging your recent event with us. I am glad that everything worked out to your full satisfaction. Rest assured that I will also share your comment with Tiffany, who was instrumental to make this such a positive experience for you and your guests.

We do hope to work with you again on another event in the future.

Thanks a lot

Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

I booked here because of a friend's Trip Advisor review and recommendation. She was so excited upon learning that I read her review and booked 2 nights. We were not disappointed. In fact my son hurriedly ran inside and screamed 'Awesoooome!' For everyone to hear. I get easily amazed by a grand lobby that says 'hello stay here forever'. But this was my kind of awesome jaw dropping place that made me feel giddy. It made people feel comfortable and not uptight where u always fear you can break something. Our room was facing the Mactan peninsula which I thought was a lot better than looking at the tourists by the beach. My husband was impressed by the bathroom. It has a tub and a separate shower area. I love the toiletries as well.

The pool area, so cool. The water was freezing and I was too chicken to take a dip. But my boy was brave enough and he stayed in the pool till evening, even if he was all pale and his lips had turned blue. The pool itself was a sight especially in the evening. We also made sure to hang out by the beach area until my partner started snoring. We went to their Ibiza club in the evening for some drinks and entertainment. Best place to chill with friends. We tried their tapas and bruschetta with local beer. Pricey but that was expected in this kind of hotel.

They have a good variety for breakfast buffet especially for me and my family who are heavy eaters. I love the Eggs Benedict. I have to mention it because I've tried that in several places but they never get it right. Never had too much of Eggs Benedict in my life. There's a good variety of yogurt and pastries. Local rice dishes, arrozcaldo, a local fare, and Miso soup. A good buffet has to have an array of cheeses and cold cuts. They managed to include that as well. I was impressed.

My son and I love hanging out at the lobby chairs in the evening. What made the stay complete is the service. A very nice and friendly staff makes the stay worthwhile. 2 thumbs up for Movenpick!

• Stayed August 2013
Such positive reviews are certainly a confirmation for us that our efforts are appreciated by our guests. I am very happy to read that you had such a great time at our hotel and that we have met or exceeded your expectations in so many areas.

I appreciate you pointing out the variety on our breakfast buffet as I understand that this is an important aspect for travelers and we strive to provide the best variety possible.

I hope my team and I will be able to welcome you back again on a future trip to Cebu.

Thanks again for sharing your experience with other travelers on this platform.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I stayed for a week at the Movenpick in August 2013. Generally the hotel is great... staff, food, facilities and location. The Ibiza Club is the hub of the hotel for eating and entertainment. Some nights there's a free show. BUT......every night there's mainly a DJ sound show.......and its mind boggling, head bangingly, BOOF BOOF BOOF! Just constant noise but no music. Everyone is subjected to this horrible noise every night since its in the main restaurant/entertainment area .
If you retreat to your room the BOOF BOOF reverberates through the whole resort till late at night. Agony!!
What a shame to ruin a great resort with such a bad show. If you're thinking of booking just ask "is the DJ show still there"? I will go back soon...as soon as they get rid of that DJ show!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Moevenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you very much for the positive rating of our hotel despite the comment on the music played by our DJ, which you have not enjoyed apparently. We aim to offer a variety of daily entertainment throughout the day and in the evenings at the Ibiza Beach Club. This includes, as you outlined, some variety shows as well as bands and DJ performances to ensure we offer something for the various tastes and likings of our customers. The music, does in fact only play at the open air venue until 10.30pm to ensure our guests are not disturbed by it.
I have however taken note of your comment and we will look into this further to improve.

Thank you very much and I do hope we will welcome you back again soon.

Knuth Kiefer

Been to Moevenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu? Share your experiences!