I've been raving about this hotel since I visited for an ocular last May. I fell in love with the interior and great vibe of the hotel. I immediately book rooms for my next stay in Cebu (July & November)... A lot of my friends booked their stay after hearing me rave about it. In fact, I even have a Chinese colleague book their destination wedding in Movenpick because I had a pleasant experience with one of their sales manager and I was already planning a company outing for our sales team there.
Imagine my dismay when I finally stayed there last weekend ...
In fairness, their reception team was amazing... Check-in was swift & well organized. I already informed the staff in advance that I will do my pre-nup shoot... Prior to booking, I confirmed with them that as long as I'm a guest & I coordinate with the receptionist upon check-in, there won't be a problem. I informed the receptionist upon check-in & told her that there won't be major gadgets... Just the camera of the photographer & the make-up artist.
I again informed the reception staff on the day to ensure that it won't be a problem. I was assured that the team is aware & it's ok... However, the arrogant manager from Ibiza asked us to stop what we are doing because it's not allowed in the hotel. I told him that I've coordinated the activity already and he immediately got his cellphone from his pocket and ask me who allowed us to shoot... I wouldn't mind if he asked us nicely... It's just me, my fiancé & the photographer. The camera isn't even fancy & we're not bothering any guests. No reflectors or fancy flash... It would even look like friends just shooting each other... His approach was very arrogant calling the sales manager in front of us to stop us with what we're doing. He ruined our moment. He left & I guess made more calls because he approached us after 10 minutes to apologize saying there was misinformation from their end. Well, damage has been done... Before stopping us, he could have asked us politely & checked the front desk before calling us out...
To summarize our stay...
- reception & breakfast staff were friendly & attentive (compliments to PJ & Dimples for their service)
- interior, beach front, garden & ibiza lounge design is lovely
- breakfast & lunch buffet at Sails has wide selection... superb dessert station
- they offer vouchers upon check-in... Free drinks, discounts on restaurants & spas
- resort is walking distance to Guiseppe ... An authentic Itallian restaurant
- the very rude approach / experience from one of the managers
- short beach
- super soft pillows it flattens in the middle of the night
- they do not offer tap water to guests... They will only give you bottled Viva Mineral Water for P150 (P120++)
- the ugly resort beside Movenpick can be seen from Ibiza
It would have been 4/5... the human factor just failed it. I already have advanced bookings for November... I'm already having second thoughts...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Mediterranean-inspired enclave is set on its own private beach on Mactan Island and offers white sandy beaches, year-round summer weather and exceptional diving and snorkeling. Business is easy with various Executive Floors and an Executive Lounge. All accommodations feature high speed internet access. The resort is just ten minutes from Mactan International Airport and 25 minutes from cosmopolitan Cebu City, offering vibrant nightlife, extensive shopping and 24-hour casinos. For the ultimate dining experience, choose from the hotel's 5 restaurants and bars, featuring the Philippine's first and only Ibiza style Beach Club. Stay active with a visit to the fully equipped health club offering a professional gymnasium, steam room and luxurious garden spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and Odigeo so you can book your Moevenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Movenpick Resort & Spa Cebu Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Movenpick Resort And Spa Cebu
- Hilton Cebu Hotel
- Hilton Mactan Island
- Hilton Lapu Lapu
- Lapu Lapu Hilton
- Moevenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu Cebu Island