I've been in the White House, the nicest hotels in Paris and London, and even the largest palace in the world. However, despite there being a restaurant and other money making stores at the Movenpick and I was standing there at the gate. Fortress like security denied my entry.
I was meeting a friend on that side of the island and thought the Movenpick would be a great spot to meet.
In Munich the Movenpick restaurant was my favorite one. When I am in Singapore, I eat at the Movenpick at the exclusive One 15 Marina.
However, despite the fact I am obviously a Westerner with money in my pocket, there seemed to be no way any low life like myself could get onto fortress Movenpick. What kind of place is this? While standing around the guard house I watched as each car that arrived was checked with mirrors and a guard dog. I asked the guard desk about the prison next door. He seemed confused. "Prison?" He asked. "Yes," I said, "that property just before your property with the big barbed wired fence and security dogs patrolling the path." "Oh sir," was his reply, "that is our property. We just have to be careful."
I've been on Mactan Island now 1 month. Having all these guns facing me is new to me. It is not just this hotel. At BDO Bank there were 5 armed security guards at the front door at the branch of SM City Mall.
So what was the property like? Really can't say. It was closed to me.
I so much now appreciate the Western world were I can just walk into a fancy resort and order lunch.
- Also Known As:
- Movenpick Resort & Spa Cebu Hotel
- Movenpick Resort And Spa Cebu
- Movenpick Resort & Spa Cebu Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Hilton Cebu Hotel
- Hilton Mactan Island
- Hilton Lapu Lapu
- Lapu Lapu Hilton
- Moevenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu Cebu Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Mediterranean-inspired enclave is set on its own private beach on Mactan Island and offers white sandy beaches, year-round summer weather and exceptional diving and snorkeling. Business is easy with various Executive Floors and an Executive Lounge. All accommodations feature high speed internet access. The resort is just ten minutes from Mactan International Airport and 25 minutes from cosmopolitan Cebu City, offering vibrant nightlife, extensive shopping and 24-hour casinos. For the ultimate dining experience, choose from the hotel's 5 restaurants and bars, featuring the Philippine's first and only Ibiza style Beach Club. Stay active with a visit to the fully equipped health club offering a professional gymnasium, steam room and luxurious garden spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Moevenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.