“The best and the only rock bar in Cebu city” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 78 Restaurants in Lapu Lapu
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Rock n Roll Suites and Rock Cafe is a European style dining establishment with accommodation.We have one deluxe room (queen bed, television lounge, ac, en-suite bathroom) which can accommodate a family and/or couple, and two budget rooms (queen bed, television, shared bathroom). We are located close to the airport on Mactan Island, Cebu in the Philippines. Rock music and sports every day (including English Premier League Football) and live music on weekends, performed by local DJ's, rock and reggae bands. We cater for inside and outdoor dining, and have an extensive bar facility. See our latest food/drinks menu (Dec 2014), in the photos section. The restaurant/bar is open from 7am until late, seven days a week, and can cater for large groups, bookings, birthdays and other functions (e.G Christmas parties).
Moscow, Russia
“The best and the only rock bar in Cebu city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

It took a while for me write this review. As it's my first review but i think that i should share my experience about this place.
It's a nice place full of pleasent people. You can visit it any time and for sure you'll have a nice company there.
The food. Outstanding menu, and the meal as being a big guy i can tell you the portions they are really big and tasty. I was always curious. OMG the meal was so good but i was always full of food))
And yes they have got pool and for sure you'll find some cutie or you would rather brought one there with you to play pool with you as this place it really know for a place to have a nice evening in Cebu and to be acquainted with interesting people and some girls of course.
But anyway this place it's offers you great service, great drinks, and great company.
And also advice for sport fans and especially MMA fans. YES you can see there UFC events and other minor MMA events.
But just imagine you are sitting there on Philippines? eating some nice meal with great food and watching some UFC event. I will recomend this place for sure. (and not mma fans you can find there also footbal, ice hockey or just ask to to watch some movie)
Oh and i almost forgot. The staff there. You know you can feel there like at home just after you appeared in that place If you have got any problem. A really meant it... ....they will help you with any problem just free to ask.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rockcafe M, Owner at Rock N Roll Suites and Rock Cafe, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Many thanks for your recent review.
We pride ourselves on serving the best food in town, and are always looking to improve our menu and customer service. We listened to our many customers, who wanted big and tasty portions. If you're not able to finish, we will wrap it for you to take home.
Anything you need during your stay (SIM card, UFC, bike rental, whale shark swimming), we can arrange for our guests.
Hope to see you again in early 2014.

Best Wishes from all the staff

Brierley Hill, United Kingdom
“Rocking Fantastic food/bar and lodging in Lapu Lapu, Cebu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

I stayed in the Guns n Roses room which was rocking great value, superbly priced for this area of Cebu.
During my 10 day stay i usually had breakfast and dinner here and i was ver pleased by the quality and quantity of their food. The ribs are fantastic with huge portions and i didnt have any moans about any of the food i had during my stay.
I found the staff polite and the entertainment in the cafe was superb with live music, pub quiz and open mic night.There was a ladies night and also a free to use pool table with regular killa competitions.They have 100,000s tunes to choose from and also one of the only places i could find that had The Premiership football on live from the UK.
I met loads of new friends here which is easy with such a great atmosphere.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rockcafe M, Owner at Rock N Roll Suites and Rock Cafe, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Many thanks for your recent stay and review of the Rock n Roll Suites.
We try to make our rooms comfortable but reasonably priced, especially when you consider we are located close to several 5 star resorts.
Our food and menu is becoming a big attraction for all visitors, especially the ribs, buffalo wings and fish n chips.
Hope to see you again sometime soon
Best wishes from the Rock n Roll Suites staff
Moscow, Idaho
“THE BEST ROCK CAFE !!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

The owner of this cafe is nice guy from England, he make realy nice rock cafe where you can eat
very good food without the risk of poisoning with unreal portions,listen to real LIVE ROCK music and Stay in the rooms for long time. The stuff is beutifull girls who help in every question, I have stayed in Elvis room , the room costs it`s money, it is not 5 star hotel but as I told for this money it is very good offer , also you are always in the center of party :) A lot of nice girls come this bar in the evening to rest,to listen music and to dance. 10 minutes from the airport, recommend.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Rockcafe M, Owner at Rock N Roll Suites and Rock Cafe, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Many thanks for your recent review.
We take great pride in serving quality food, and many consider it to be among the best in Mactan. We have a lot of return customers; whether it be for a burger, delicious Buffalo wings or our weekly specials.
The beautiful women of Cebu seem to love the place; attracted by the pleasant ambience and opportunity to meet new friends from all over the world.
Looking forward to seeing you again sometime soon.

Best Wishes from the staff of the Rock n Roll Suites, Mactan
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“best place in cebu no questions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

where to start.......this was my first visit to the phillipines and having been around most of asia the phills as they call it was a breath of fresh air.On arrival in Cebu I took a leaflet at the airport for the rock n roll suites which intrigued me greatly...upon arrival I was met by the beautiful and friendly staff they showed me around at my leisure but as soon as I saw the place I was sold the outside was truly spectacular with a glowing 3 metre guitar you then step into the rock café which for me being 50 y.o was like a trip down memory lane with all the superb memorabilia...fantastic....the rock café itself was small and cozy but inside was bar seating for 20 and dining seating inside and out for 40 more so not a tiny place that previous reviews suggest.
I was shown the 2 rooms that were left the guns n roses room and the elvis suite both were impressive and I opted for the guns n roses room it was at this stage I met the owners chris and tony who were super friendly and cut me a great deal for a month long stay,the room was air con wuth a small but adequate bathroom it had tv but no cable but showed movies 24/7
I spent most nights in the bar I ate breakfast there every morning the English breakfast is the biggest and best anywhere ever and I also tried pretty much everything on the menu and all I can say is that the food lives up to their logo "its not fine dining....its better"indian curries fish n chips Salisbury steak chicken parmiagianni gourmet sandwiches pizzas they do something for everyone.
the bar was guitar shaped the staff and the owners were amongst the friendliest people I met and you could request your own songs and they had more than 200000 songs!
the outside bar was a new addition while I was there and became popular from day one
there was always something going on open mic night,ladies night brilliant live bands most nights they were packed but the best thing is they showed the English footy
I locked myself out my room one time so the owner just broke down the door and then fixed it the next day at his own expense...how rock n roll is that?
so to sum up if you like music,making cool new friends,great food and footy a reasonably priced room head on down here rent a room and have a rocking great time I cudnt fault it

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Rockcafe M, Owner at Rock N Roll Suites and Rock Cafe, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Thank you for your review of the business. It was a pleasure to meet you and spend many a fun night in the bar.
We have recently completely renovated 3 rooms (1 VIP, 2 Economy) and are pleased that you found your room very comfortable. In the near future we will be expanding to 6 rooms, including a family suite (queen bed, 2 singles). Wi-Fi will also be available to all occupants.

Best Regards from all the staff at the Rock n Roll suites
Cebu Island, Philippines
“Been there done that”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Tiny place with resto, friendly staff but management ignores customers. Food was decent had wings, calamari and fries. Prices are good, Like the themed decor but just too small inside for more than 10 people

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Rockcafe M, Owner at Rock N Roll Suites and Rock Cafe, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
hi thanks for your review,i think maybe you have us mixed up with another place?we do not have calamari on our menu and we have seating inside for 40 people and outside for the same amount of people.
however your review is well received and we are happy and thankful for your visit
if you are an expat here in Cebu we are the guys with the 3 metre guitar outside you cant mistake once again thanks for your review