I should probably start off by saying we are not usually five star resort type people, but we decided to treat ourselves on our way back up from Malapascua and booked in for Christmas Eve. We had a Lagoon View room which was situated directly over one of the pools. We paid 189 GBP which is generally more than we would pay, but the room was lovely. The beds (two queen beds) were incredibly comfortable, the balcony was large and I really enjoyed the bath tub. The kids enjoyed the English channels on the TV. We decided to pay for the Xmas Eve buffet and really enjoyed the entertainment and delicious food. We had thought that the breakfast was pricey but opted for a breakfast buffet on Christmas morning as a special treat. The food did not disappoint and there was something for everybody. Although the food and drink bill for twenty four hours was approx 170 GBP for all of us, when we considered that we had two bottles of wine, a breakfast buffet for four, evening cabaret plus buffet for four, a couple of cocktails and mango shakes, we considered this to be reasonable. I would love to come back here, with enough finances and the time to enjoy everything the resort has to offer for three or four days. The service is exceptional - I like the strict no tipping rule as it takes away the pressure I feel ... who do I tip, when do I tip, how much etc.... However, if there are any people that deserve to be tipped over the course of our ten days in the Philippines, it is the staff at this resort. I sincerely hope that they are paid well and treated like the assets to the business that they are.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a resort in a class of its own. Set in 11.4 hectares of secluded grounds yet only 30 minutes from downtown Cebu City, Plantation Bay offers one of the largest privately-owned waterways in the world, with the clean elegance of colonial-plantation architecture. Decompress from life's pressures in the healing tranquility of an environment that truly feels "away from it all." If you have ever spent time at a tropical plantation, you know what we mean. If not, come and discover a refreshingly different flavor of life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, getaroom.com, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Plantation Bay Resort And Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Bay Resort And Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Plantation Bay Hotel
- Plantation Bay Resort And Spa Cebu Island/Mactan Island