“You Will Enjoy the Pools and Lagoons!!” 4 of 5 stars

Plantation Bay Resort And Spa
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Marigondon, Lapu Lapu 6015, Philippines   |
Ranked #3 of 26 hotels in Lapu Lapu
Antipolo City, Philippines
“You Will Enjoy the Pools and Lagoons!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Have been here just few months ago for some relaxation. The resort has a vast area and is picturesque day and night, with also a number of inhouse activities to choose from. Kids will surely like the lagoons for swimming or kayaking and their numerous pools, though they also have a small beach front that I think has clearer water as compared to other beach resorts in Mactan. Night rate is a bit pricey.. but you can maximize your stay anyway for the numerous activities you can do inside. Oth, for those who are not intend to stay overnight, an option will be their 'Day Tour' package w/c includes an ala-carte meal and access to the resort amenities. If you'll opt for the latter, take the visit on Sunday where they offer a buffet lunch instead.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Plantation_Bay_GM, General Manager at Plantation Bay Resort And Spa, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear ILuvTravel713,

We are pleased to hear that you had a relaxing vacation with us, and that you appreciated our beach's clear waters.

Thank you for recounting the many ways to have fun in Plantation Bay, and for specifically mentioning the resort's exceptional visual appeal.

Looking forward to your next visit.

808 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Cagayan de Oro City, Cagayan de Oro, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

way back when it started , when my niece and daughter were still little ones , i have stayed at plantation bay with family and friends. we have always enjoyed the place. with its lagoon and little falls. the view of the place is awesome ! rooms are well-appointed . love their beds and looking out in their patio has always been an enjoyable thing to do. now that they have these cat walks , it even added to a delightful walk to its food outlets and its lagoon.

Room Tip: rooms facing the lagoon is a plus for couples with kids
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Cinnabon H,

We're delighted to know that you have only fond memories of the hotel.

We are always adding something new to Plantation Bay and we're glad that on your return, you found it even better than you remembered.

Thank you for the kind sentiments. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Antipolo City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Family of five. Convinced my Mom to celebrate her birthday on Plantation Bay. Stayed at one Bedroom Suite last Oct 19-20, 2013.. First we arrive much earlier from check in time and they accommodate us without us asking/begging to be accommodated early. Aside from numerous pools and the beach, there is such a variety of things to do. We tried Archery and target shooting. Video games, tennis and billiards. We also tried Biking around the resort.
Yep, foods are expensive but can't complain because it taste really good and of the service they provide. Right now, I'm actually craving for their breads.. And because it was my Mom's birthday they gave us a complimentary surprise cake along with the staff and other guest singing the HBD song. Sooo happy with that :D ..
The lagoon beside Kilimanjaro is my favorite part. So beautiful and unique! I will definitely go back just for that..
Rooms are spacious, aircon is working well, nice bathroom (but no bidet :( ) and the bed is super nice.
Staffs are all gracious and ready to assist us with speed and smile :)
We will definitely go back and stay longer ...need to experience other good things they offer..., minus aftershock that woke us at around 4am..

Dear Jelyn09,

Thank you for choosing to celebrate your mother's birthday at Plantation Bay, and for taking the time to share how you felt your one-night stay was not enough to appreciate all the features of our resort.

We're pleased to read that you liked your suite and the lagoons, and that your family enjoyed our various leisure activities.

Thank you too for acknowledging that, though some of our prices seemed high, this was understandable because of the quality and service offered. And thanks for the high praise on our breads. Our pastry chefs appreciate your compliments!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I was there in Plantation Bay resort in Cebu, I was staying there for 5 days on my holiday trip. I saw they have mermaid swimming courses and I took the classes for 3 days and it was amazing, I've learn how to hold my breath longer than 30 seconds I did 2:30 seconds which i cannot imagine, because when i did my snorkeling in the reef i cannot stay that long even though i did fun swimming before. Many things i've learn in mermaid course, specially dolphin swimming the instructor " Gadie Barro" she made a brilliant example and after 30 minutes wow i made it! we proceed to duck diving which my legs wont straight up but oh my word, I learn it in mermaid course too. The memorable experience for me is to make a bubble ring underwater, oh my word, i made it too, now i know how to make a bubble ring, and my instructor Gadie Barro, swam inside the bubble ring i made. Now i know the techniques it was really fun, as a mermaid also is a one way to help our ocean as a ambassador, Gadie says NO to Plastic and let us help our environment.... Many years that i've been dreaming to become a mermaid like ariel now i did it. I use my mermaid tail in the reef and I dove to 10 meters and was staying underwater in the reef about 1:20 seconds and I took many pictures there with the fishes. It was amazing and brilliant experience. Thank you very much to my instructor Gadie Barro and also to Plantation Bay Resort who has this creative idea, it helps me a lot and I've learn a lot and i love and enjoy it!....... Mermaid Course is for booking she has a number also. 09175212240 try it guys you will learn and love it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Plantation_Bay_GM, General Manager at Plantation Bay Resort And Spa, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear mermaidgaby,

Thank you for taking the time to share how you enjoyed your 5-day stay with us. We are happy that you realized your dream of becoming a mermaid at Plantation Bay, and look forward to welcoming you back to the resort soon.

cebu
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

Taking a quick break from corporate life, I always find Plantation Bay a great place to hideaway.

From their super attentive staff to the coziest bed I have ever been on, I feel right at home as soon as I arrive. My favorite part? The lagoons. I could spend days swimming and basking right under the sun. I absolutely love waking up to the view.

I come here every year and they have never ceased to amaze me. From their 12 foot deep dive rock to the kayaks (they even have kiddie kayaks) to the new Stand Up paddle boards for Yoga, each moment is fun-filled. Their food is is absolutely enticing. I was surprised to find they have quiche, which was ultimately savory.

My vacations are definitely better in Plantation Bay.

• Stayed October 2013
Plantation_Bay_GM, General Manager at Plantation Bay Resort And Spa, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Dear CJA2008,

We are happy to note that you and your family had an enjoyable time using our facilities, particularly the pools and lagoons. Moreover, that you appreciated our various leisure activities.

Thank you for the high praise on our service and the quiche. Our staff, especially our chefs will appreciate your compliments.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We were a party of 3 that checked in a 1 bed suite room. The rooms (it had an adjacent living room) were really spacious but different from what they publish in their website. We could really tell the rooms (and the bathrooms) were dated as we frequented the resort previously (would visit 3-5 times a year from 2004-2006). Our first day was very good as we were there for a prenup shoot. The staff were very helpful in achieving our concept. However, room service was unavailable. We had to pick up our food from one of the restos! Our second day was terrible! After having breakfast at around 11, we couldn't get inside our room! So we went to the souvenir shop to call front desk and they said they'd send someone immediately. Apparently, immediately means 30-40 mins after! I had to call twice as we were getting impatient. I told the lady I was speaking to at the front desk that she should give us more time to pack as check out was at 12 noon. All she could manage as a reply was "uhhh, how much time ma'am?" That was very bad customer service!! I asked for the status and they said the battery of the door sensor for the room card was low or empty-something that shouldn't happen as the door sensor would be blinking if it was low on battery. Two men came to manually open the door and we could hear the duty manager impatiently and repeatedly asking "are they not checking out yet?" Hello! Our stuff was still inside! Talk about not giving a damn about their guests.
I must say I was so disappointed during my stay. I work overseas and I keep raving about Plantation Bay to both my fellow Filipinos and the foreigners alike and have even convinced some friends to stay over last month. It figures that those friends (that checked in last month) didn't share my previous opinion on this resort after having experienced what we did today.

Room Tip: Just choose the lagoon side room. It's the best room they've got with the best value.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Plantation_Bay_GM, General Manager at Plantation Bay Resort And Spa, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Dear MissOpinionated28,

We are sorry for the incident concerning the malfunctioning door lock, and for the inconvenience this caused you. We have counseled our staff about this, and hope that there will be no further incidents of this type.

Many guests find our rooms beautifully furnished and equipped with spacious balconies and bathrooms with separate tub and shower, ample counter space and lovely stone and marble finishes. The suite you stayed in was totally refurbished three years ago and outfitted with tile floors with an "antiqued" finish which you perhaps mistook for "dated." However, we respect your feedback and will see what can be improved.

Thank you for your review.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stayed 5 nights in this amazing resort (October 2013) to attend a wedding. Overall, I can say this place is amazing & excellent place to stay if you want to relax & do absolutely nothing. No need to go outside of the resort, they have everything, food, entertainment at night & the water, water, water - just choose which part of the resort you want to swim.

All staff has excellent customer service, although everything in this resort comes with a high cost, it's a dollar cost but it well worth it.

My husband's only complaint is the fridge, not cold enough to store his beer.

Cheers

Dear Becha,

We do our best to make sure our guests need not go far to relax and have fun and we are happy that you had such an enjoyable and relaxing experience during your recent 5-night stay at Plantation Bay.

Thank you for your review. We wish the new couple a long and happy married life together.

Nenette G. Castillon

Been to Plantation Bay Resort And Spa? Share your experiences!