I visited Plantation Bay the last week of February with my Mom. We visited the Philippines together, and she has been to this property on several occasions, and I understand why. We stayed in a 2 queen suite, in a secluded area with a pool right in front of our doorstep. I loved the pool right there, because I had some serious jet lag, so I swam to relax.
Very helpful staff that will cater to your every need.
Very clean, and everything is in order.
There is a spa on location that have several whirlpools with various temperatures. Cold, warm, and hot. They have a man-made waterfall in the spa area, replicating waterfalls in Japan. Another spa amenity is the sauna, which is very relaxing. You are also able to adjust the temperature in the sauna, which is a plus. We scheduled massages, and were able to use the amenities automatically. Unsure if they have a spa pass available to guests or the spa amenities are automatically open to guests, but definitely ask. The amenities at the spa are worth a visit. Especially if you're a non-guest, visiting someone at the resort, definitely inquire if they offer spa passes to non-guests.
As for the massage, personally, I felt the massage was bit rough at some points that I was unable to truly relax and enjoy. Some people like poking and prodding, hurt in the good way during their massages, I am not that person. I asked for less pressure, and at times the masseuse would lessen pressure for a minute and then go back to painfully kneading me. I wasn't a fan, or perhaps if I ever receive a massage at this location, to strongly specify I would like light to medium pressure. Because during the massage, it felt like the masseuse's skinny fingers were digging into my insides vs. massaging my knots of stress away. I walked away in pain vs. relaxed and relieved. Which is why I didn't give the resort a 5 star rating.
The staff is fluent in several languages.
The rooms are spacious
Beds are comfortable.
The AC is strong, and easy to adjust. They also have ceilings fans available if you prefer no AC.
The lighting is bright, but not shockingly bright.
The bottom floors have their own patio space, and the upstair floors have their own balcony area.
The bathrooms are equally spacious, with a shower stall and big bath tub. Also the bathrooms have good water pressure.
The room service is delicious, especially the encimada (It's super sugary.)
The resort itself is beautiful with a huge lagoon (salt water and non-salt water), swimming pools with slides, waterfalls, and a beach is right on the property as well. In the salt-water area, there is a "cliff" you can jump off of, which is actually a high dive platform made to look like a cliff. In that area the water is 12 ft deep. The majority of the pools are only about 3'/4' to 5' deep.
The main pool area of the resort has a swim up bar, and a mountain like cave area. I think I spent the majority of my visit in the water.
There are also 5 restaurants on the premises.
If you can afford it, definitely invest in the island hopping package, include the fish feeding option as well. The staff can guide you on how to book this option. The island is amazing, and swimming in the ocean, while feeding tropical fish was one of those amazing once in a lifetime opportunities you have to experience.
In addition, there are other water sports activities, such as scuba diving and kayaking.
My family and I had a wonderful experience, and it was a great starting off point to visiting the Philippines. I hope to return again in the future to experience more happy memories.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a resort in a class of its own. Set in 11 hectares of secluded grounds yet only one hour (when traffic is bad) from Cebu City, Plantation Bay offers one of the largest privately-owned waterways in the world, with the clean elegance of colonial-plantation architecture. Decompress from life’s pressures in the healing tranquility of an environment that truly feels “away from it all.” If you have ever spent time at a tropical plantation, you know what we mean. If not, come and discover a refreshingly different Flavor of Life. Whether you’re traveling for a family vacation or romantic getaway, for business or pleasure, this is far and away your best choice in the Philippines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Plantation Bay Resort And Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Bay Resort And Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Plantation Bay Hotel
- Plantation Bay Resort And Spa Cebu Island/Mactan Island