Just spent over a week there with our three kids (10, 8, 4): fantastic experience. The pools are gigantic and diverse, so many things for the kids to do and play with. The two big slides are a bit rough (our girls had to help a lady find her denture in the pool which she lost during the ride - no joke!) so would not recommend to let kids younger than 5 to ride alone....
Different restaurants don't have large menus but every dish we ate was excellent. Especially the Palermo had some of the most delicious pastas ever had. Also the others (Fiji and Kilimanjaro) were really good and above expectations.
Another highlight is the diving, just from the hotel can take boat to close islands and do some nice coral reef dives, and literally from the beach there is a ave at 30m that goes about 20m deep. Visibility very good, water temperature 29C, easy go, it's worth it. Then there are other activities (climbing, archery, gym, game room (if it rains a day), bike renting, jet ski, etc. etc. all good material, good quality. The whole resort is very clean. The road that takes you to the bungalows is also a perfect 740m jogging track. The SPA is beautiful and the treatments of very high quality.
Overall one can clearly see the manager is running a tight ship with excellent attention to detail and most important, all staff was very forthcoming and genuinely caring. We have tried hard to think about what could be improved further and the "only" thing that comes to mind: the price for the breakfast buffet is too high, 30% lower would be justified, but then again, staying there, you are locked in and you pay for the convenience.
We clearly recommend the resort to families and thank the whole team there who made our holiday special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a resort in a class of its own. Set in 11.4 hectares of secluded grounds yet only 30 minutes from downtown Cebu City, Plantation Bay offers one of the largest privately-owned waterways in the world, with the clean elegance of colonial-plantation architecture. Decompress from life's pressures in the healing tranquility of an environment that truly feels "away from it all." If you have ever spent time at a tropical plantation, you know what we mean. If not, come and discover a refreshingly different flavor of life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Agoda, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Plantation Bay Resort And Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Bay Resort And Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Plantation Bay Hotel
- Plantation Bay Resort And Spa Cebu Island/Mactan Island