1. Stayed in both Amuma Spa Suite (because of the typhoon which caused the beach side wing closed) and Premier Deluxe Room (which I originally booked). The Amuma Spa Suite is quite dated and the premier deluxe room is much better value (only 15 USD more per night). The premier deluxe room was near the beach and is relatively newly furbished. We can see the sea from the room door. (It cost more for directly sea facing but as not much to see, so not worth it).
2. Free wi-fi within the hotel and the speed was quite good.
3. Location-wise, it has a Savemore supermarket within walking distance and there is a massage place (around 10 USD per hour for foot massage) next to the supermarket (and there is also one outside the hotel entrance. There are also stalls that sells roast chicken and fruits near the supermarket.
4. Breakfast is okay standard only. Have reasonable choices but lacks the usual stuff like sausages and baked beans.
5. There are a number of pools in the hotel but all of them are small.
6. The beach is so-so in terms of water quality (since there are a lots of seaweeds) and was told that there are sea urchins which could be dangerous.
7. The staff are friendly but the check in staff was not very efficient (took over 15 mins for check in. However, when I walked past him the next day, he remembered my name.)
8. About 25 mins from the airport so quite okay (taxi fare around 7 USD).
9. Tap water is a bit salty so not recommended for you to drink it (even after boiled).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine the sweetness of doing nothing and the satisfaction of doing everything. It is an art you can discover and perfect at Bluewater Maribago, a lush 7-hectare tropical paradise of pure intimate pleasure. Here we put thought into every details of your stay, from the moment we greet you "Mabuhay" to the time we bid you "Farewell".Here, your options are countless: 158 well-appointed rooms, 110-meter beachfront of pristine sand, a private island, 3 lagoon-shaped swimming pools with waterfalls, children's playground, recreation and water sports center, full-service restaurants and bars and the pampering treatment of Amuma Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Bluewater Maribago Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maribago Bluewater Beach Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Hotel Maribago Bluewater Beach
- Maribago Bluewater Beach Resort
- Bluewater Maribago Beach Resort Cebu Island/Mactan Island