“Exemplary Service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bluewater Maribago Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Bluewater Maribago Beach Resort to your Saves list
Bluewater Maribago Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Buyong, Maribago, | Mactan Island, Lapu Lapu 6015, Philippines   |
Ranked #9 of 27 hotels in Lapu Lapu
Luzon, Philippines
“Exemplary Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

They have facilities like other hotels do, food were just as sumptuous as other restaurant offers, the beach was just okay and the ambiance was good enough but what amazed us most was there EXEMPLARY SERVICE.

I just came from the states a month ago and I wanted to unwind somewhere else that’s not far from my friends' place. My friends wanted us to spend our weekend in the resort. I had no idea what it looks like, I just let my them arranged everything for our stay. We arrived in the resort at around 3 o’clock in the afternoon and welcomed by their courteous staffs. The check in process was fast and we were assisted to our room by their helpful and jolly bellman. They have this unique welcome drink that tastes like a “tanglad”. I was so impressed by the way they treated us and got more comfortable with our stay. The room is a premier deluxe and was located near the beach. It was a spacious room for me since I stayed their alone. I was amazed by their hanging bed and the bathroom was clean and spacious. Myfriends stayed in the other room category located near the gym and I found it very nice too. We are very happy and satisfied by the services that they rendered to us. Many thanks to the staffs, who cleaned our room, served us food during meals, accommodated our inquiries and for my new found friend Panpy-the bellman. We stayed in the resort for two days and I can’t help myself wanting to come back again.

I will recommend this resort to everyone! i'm planning to have our family reunion next year. i got the rate and it’s so reasonable. I’m looking forward for that day to come!

Room Tip: choose the premiere deluxe room.. it's comfy and spacious.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

490 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Vigan, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

It was raining hard when we arrived in the hotel. With me were my husband and my two kids. Our room was not so near in the lobby so we had to ride a cart going to our room. We stayed in the deluxe room in front of a swimming pool. It was convenient for us because we can directly look after our kids swimming in the pool. I didn’t know what went wrong with my child after swimming because we observed that he felt dizzy. I felt alarmed and scared so I called up the front desk about my child’s condition. Good thing is that they have their own front desk staff who happened to be a nurse. And I just found out that they have also registered nurses working in the front desk and in other departments to relieve the company nurse when not on duty. My husband and I felt relieved and secured upon hearing that information. It made us feel that they really look into their guests’ safety.

Room Tip: i would recommend a room at the garden wing on the first floor for travelers with kids.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at this resort some time ago and have to say that I had a truly wonderful experience. Cannot fault the resort at all; Courteous staff, excellent choice of food, clean & spacious rooms. After a few busy days in Hong Kong the rest & relaxation having every need taken care of at the blue-water resort was just wonderful. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel/ resort as a fabulous relaxing place to unwind.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the resort in May from the 13th-16th. The service was good, the F&B outlets were great but we encountered some issues. The 1st room we checked into was just nasty, paint was peeling off, cracks all over the wall, the quilt on the bed was stained and our bathroom smelled like urine. We had to ask to switch rooms and that was okay but could have been better. At night the the bar on the other side of the wall next to our room was loud and you hear everything so we couldn't rest when we wanted to. We had to complain several times before the music and karaoke actually stopped. The 3 nights we were there we didn't get a good night's sleep. The design of the rooms were nice and the use of capiz was a nice touch but it doesn't do much for insulation. You could hear the steps of the people passing by in the middle of the night and that's not good. This needs improvement.

The pools were nice but as a couple we didn't want to be around kids running around crying & screaming, they should have a separate area for kids and adults. Not everyone comes to a resort with their kids or would want to be around them. We have kids so we do like to get away from them when we are on our vacation and we do enjoy peace and quiet. There were times when the pools were dirty too!

I wanted to meet with the Marketing Manager so I can feature the resort on our websites and no one showed. My husband and I are both travel and leisure bloggers and I explained that to the person I spoke to who was from the marketing department. I didn't want anything for free I was actually going to do them a favor and write a truthful review on their property for free. I wanted to know more about the resort so I can write about it but evidently no one wanted to talk to me.

The beach area is okay another area in the resort that needs improvement. It's a small area but when we were there it was crowded by day users and that wasn't cool. Our first day there, I saw trash on the ground and in the water and I'm not talking about the sea weeds I'm talking about trash. You could tell the number of guests actually staying in the resort and it was very few compared to the number of day users.

The service and food may have been good and at times outstanding, as a resort it's a mess! I understand that it's an old property but it needs to be maintained and they need to re-think a few things to remain competitive in the market. We didn't leave the resort because we wanted to experience everything but in different circumstances I would have packed our things and left. The prices are resort prices too so it's not cheap but we expected that. The staff and the quality of food were the two things that made our stay bearable and because the staff and the service they delivered were great we tipped them well.

There were just a few hits and misses during our stay and the misses always seem to stand out more often than not. Unfortunately for the Maribago team there are a lot of other resorts in the area that for people like us who understand the value of resorts and it's star ratings wouldn't mind paying an extra 4000 pesos to get the peace and quiet resort atmosphere, plus the good food and service we deserve for what we pay for.

Although our experience was a little bit of good and bad we will not be returning to this place.
~ Nestlie Schwarz-Hermes

Room Tip: If you're looking for peaceful and sound proof rooms go to another hotel. Unless you suck it up!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

The resort is located just 30 minutes from Cebu's central business district.

From the minute you check-in until you leave, you will feel pampered. Everyone from the front desk staff to housekeeping are very courteous and cordial. We've observed the way they interact with their guests and they make sure that their job doesn't stop at just providing the service, but making sure that you will have an enjoyable stay.

We had a beachfront room which gave us a nice view of their man-made island (can be rented for weddings and/or private dining) which can be reached by kayak or by foot during low tide. The room was more than spacious for two persons and the furnishing was just lovely! We got to sleep on the resort's trademark 'floating beds' and our bathroom had a freestanding tub and rainshower head.

In terms of the facilities, there's lots of activities guests can enjoy. They have 3 lagoon-type pools, one of which has a kiddie slide. And all pools have lifeguards. There's also a playground and kiddie area near the beach. There's a life-size chessboard and beach volleyball area among others. There's also a dive shop inside the resort. And oh, don't miss the free shark-feeding session every 4:00 pm.

There are also several dining options from Filipino and international cuisine, a live and fresh seafood restaurant, Italian cuisine and 3 bars for healthy fare and cocktails.

Allegro Restaurant also has themed dinners with performances for guests' entertainment!

Some of my favorites are the roast pork, siomai and the dessert spread. Buffet breakfast was also really good.

They also have a full-service spa, Amuma. In-room massage can also be arranged.

Everything you'll need for a relaxing vacation is here. If we had more time, we would have stayed longer.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Malolos, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

The moment we entered the beach front room; I was surprised on how spacious and well-furnished the room is. The fixtures of the room is well-maintained and I particularly love the free-standing tub. The staff members are courteous, friendly and they see to it that all guest needs are taken cared of. In terms of dining, the resort boasts of it's breakfast buffet and wide array of breakfast choices. It also have theme dinners and during our visit it is Fishing Village. There was a cultural show that started at 7:30 and at the end of the show guests were encourage to join the performance .I enjoyed grilled seafood plus the desserts like the pandan flavored brazo de mercedes, chocolate chip cookies and food for the gods. The restaurant staff ensures that water is refilled even without being asked. They inquire if the guests enjoy the meal which is a plus factor. There are water activities jet-skiing, scuba-diving, snorkeling and island-hopping. But some would prefer to simply lounge near the pool areas that they have. The resort also has a play area for kids and there is a scheduled shark feeding activity everyday at 4pm. A day is not enough to explore the resort, but we had a superb time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Cebu Island, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I've been to this resort many times but stayed here overnight just this Month. There deluxe room is big, with 2 queen size beds. I can tell that the room has been renovated and the room adjacent to ours is under renovation. The bathtub is small, you can tell that its an old one.It's nice knowing that the management is trying hard to improve their facilities. They have 3 pools and our room is just a few step from the pool. The staff are friendly, every one you meet will greet you. Two things I don't like about this resort, you may see white sand on their beach but once you step into the water, its murky! You can't see anything underwater if you wear goggles! 2nd thing I don't like is the swimming time. You can use the pool & beach only up to 8:00pm only. Hey! It's a resort, isn't it? What else is there better to do after 8:00pm? It would be a lot better if they extend pool hours up to 10:00pm.

Room Tip: find rooms nearer FO. Kinda tiring walking from our room to FO to leave our room key then to to bea...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Bluewater Maribago Beach Resort? Share your experiences!