“Great Time with family and frends!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bluewater Maribago Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Bluewater Maribago Beach Resort to your Saves list
Bluewater Maribago Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Buyong, Maribago, | Mactan Island, Lapu Lapu 6015, Philippines   |
Ranked #8 of 26 hotels in Lapu Lapu
Kutchan-cho, Japan
“Great Time with family and frends!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

We simply love it!
Second time, now for 7 nights, enjoyed the amuma spa suite!
We definitely recommend!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

472 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Angeles City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

One thing that Maribago Bluewater Beach Resort can boast of is their staff. They are the most courteous! Every single one greets you with a smile and has been very helpful throughout our stay.

The pools and the beach were kept clean. We stayed at their deluxe rooms and they could use some upgrading. They were currently refurbishing other deluxe rooms during our stay.

The breakfast buffet was great! So much variety that'll cater to any nationality, since many of their visitors are foreigners. I got one problem though with the breakfast, the papaya in particular tasted bland and bad. But it didn't really spoil my whole eating experience.

The food in their restos can be a little bit pricy but there are other cheaper ones outside the resort which are just a walk away. Also you have to pay for wifi but they offer free wifi on their bars and restos.

Overall, it was a great experience!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Makati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

It is definitely huge and artistically designed. I love the well-kept garden. I love the floating gazebos turned into a bar. I love the beach especially the islet-like beach that you need to cross via a paddled boat to reach. I love the sunset! I love the huge restaurants with classy music to offer.

People greet you as you pass-by. They even offer buy one take one for drinks :)

In other words; I found my own paradise in this place.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
CUMBRIA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We arrived after a 20 hour journey from the UK and were upgraded to an Amuma spa suite "because it was Valentines day"! which was a great start. We booked from the UK via dialaflight and paid £214 which was over the odds looking at some other reviews and in hindsight I should've shopped around more. We just got a taxi from right outside the airport. The room was fine although smelled a little musty. We got to the beach bar just in time for a lovely happy hour cocktail. We didn't eat at the themed restaurant as we thought it was expensive but went over the road to the Maribago Grill instead which was ok but service was slow (live singer again for Valentines).
My husband loved the breakfast and tried just about everything on offer. The staff were lovely, constantly polite & smiling and the resort itself was kept very tidy. We didn't use the pools as unfortunately it started pouring down the night we got there and didn't stop! We went to the Alaya Mall in a bus the hotel provides as we didn't know what to do in the rain (they charge but it was still cheaper than a taxi) We cheered ourselves up with a few San Miguels and a pizza at the mall which is massive. We had to leave the next morning before breakfast, much to my hubby's disappointment. We enjoyed our short stay, only spoiled by the rain but would've given the hotel much more custom had food and drinks been slightly cheaper. We travelled to Borocay, Bohol and Siquijor and were suprised how expensive the Philippines is in general, especially compared to some of it's SE Asian neighbours. I doubt i'll return to Cebu but would be happy to stay at the Maribago again if I did!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

We stayed at Bluewater Maribago Beach Resort for 5 nights. This was the venue of my best friend's wedding that's why we booked this resort in Cebu. Our suite was located on the ground level and we were just a few steps away from the pool which was very convenient. Room and bathroom were spacious. It had a small lanai perfect for lounging. Across from our room was the Amuma Spa. The reception desk was welcoming. Spa treatments were average and a bit pricey. Daily breakfast buffet was ok. You can choose to sit inside the restaurant or in the lanai. The buko pandan dessert was yummy. The beach front was clean but don't expect the sand to be as fine as the sand in Boracay. You can ride a small boat for free that will take you to the man-made island across the beach front. The staff were friendly and attentive to our needs. My best friend was happy with her wedding reception! Overall it was a pleasant experience.

Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
SIngapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

we stayed at the Amara Spa Suite. room is clean, big with two beds. on the down side, the aircon was leaking, which is in need of servicing but couldnt be done during our stay which we were okay. the bathroom is big with tub and seperated shower area, the basin and wardrobe area has to be careful as the floor tends to be slippery. my 2yo gal slipped once, luckily her diaper helped to cushion the fall. Security ard d resort is good as there seems to be security personnel on the foot most of the time. I observed it while figuring out there were constant footsteps from the front to the back of my room! Can't get wifi at room, so you have to find a good spot outside! The staff are service oriented, greeted us with all smiles whenever we walked passed. I had requested for a printout for my flight and they responded quickly, with no charges!

breakfast was alright, decent spread From western to Asian styled. There are 3 pools which gave you plenty of choice to swim.Beach is enclosed which is good for young kids to swim in. We tried TheCove, staff were friendly and we had a good dining time. spa was slightly expensive, but the massage was excellent! The spa room was set in a nice atmosphere except that i can hear some motor engines rumbling as i think the room was facing towards the outside of the resort.

Room Tip: Beachfront rooms looks good. if you staying at Amara Spa suites, try not to get ground floor as you...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I stay at Maribago Bluewater every time I am in Cebu. I love this place! This time around, I will do a review of the beach bar and the swimming pool.

The beach bar is nestled strategically between the main beach and Alegrado Island. It is manned by the friendliest staff in Maribago Bluewater. Happy hour at this bar is 4-6pm. (Happy hour in the main restaurant is 2-4pm). It's nice to chill in the bar area and watch the sun set while having a cold San Miguel beer or one of their island signature drinks. After having a few bottles of beer, I tried their frozen margarita. The bartender, Simeon, a 17 year veteran of Maribago whipped up his signature drink - Maribago Frozen Margarita. It's a concoction of traditional margarita ingredients mixed with unique local citrus fruits.

While I was enjoying my margarita, the other bartender, a charming lady by the name of Bem, prepared the freshest pineapple shake for my kids. The kids loved it!

When we were done, we went to the Swimming pool. There is something I want to say about the pool - it's never cold nor too warm. It's ALWAYS just the right temperature. I thought it was just the margarita affecting me. But, when I went swimming the following day - same thing. The temperature was perfect - not too hot nor too cold. A real goldilocks pool.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Bluewater Maribago Beach Resort? Share your experiences!