Went there in December 2008 with my gf.
Stayed in one of the rooms in the new wing.
Room was extremely clean and well maintained. Enjoyed the several days' stay there.
Hotel was really nice, grounds were beautiful and well kept.
Security was 5-star. Very safe and secure. The taxi driver had to be registered to get into the grounds and the taxi was inspected from top to bottom (with hand held mirrors) and the trunk got a good search.
Truly a 5-star resort.
Service was very polite and helpful.
Breakfast (which was included with the package) was superb. Wasn't really anything to complain about.
Ended up staying in the resort for the whole trip, didn't go to Cebu city centre for a look-around because we were short of 1 day's time. Spent the last afternoon lazing on a beach chair on the hotel lawn looking at the ocean.
Ate at the several different restaurants in the hotel.
Italian restaurant - rather authentic but felt as if you're just back home. Nothing special.
Sea-side seafood restaurant - So-so only. Seafood wasn't extremely fresh and it was a bit pricy
Pool-side area restaurant: Had a nice late lunch there (burger and chicken wings and beer). Price was reasonable too!
The only drawback - cost.
Be prepared to SPEND in the resort.
Food is not expensive at all given the quality. The drinks are the real trap.
Drinks on the beach (you get it delivered to your tent) are expensive...
But the weather is so warm that you end up having quite a few drinks over the course of a day.
The watersports centre is alright. Went on a scuba trip.
Price was okay. but they forgot to bring the prescription lens goggles i tried on the day before the trip. Bring your own scuba equipment if you have them!
This is also the first time I went on a trip that I could add *anything* to the room bill...
All in all, a wonderful experience! Recommended.
(just be prepared to part with a few dollars)
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Mactan Resort And Spa
- Shangri-La`s Mactan Hotel
- Shangri-La`s Mactan Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Shangri Las Mactan Hotel
- Shangri La Cebu
- Shangri La Mactan
- Shangri Las Mactan Lapu
- Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa Cebu/Mactan Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked in lush tropical landscape and with a crystalline coastline, Shangri-La's Mactan Resort and Spa, Cebu is the premier, award-winning deluxe resort property in the Philippines. It has won acclaim from both domestic and international travelers for its spacious and well-appointed 530 guestrooms and suites, the variety of its dining, entertainment, sports and recreational activities offered in its paradise-like setting and as home to CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La, one of the largest spa villages in Asia.Nestled amidst 13 hectares of lush greenery, landscaped gardens and with a 350-meter white-sand beach, Shangri-La's Mactan Resort and Spa, Cebu is the quintessential modern-day paradise. It is an exciting refuge for nature lovers and a favorite among holidaymakers, as it combines rustic surroundings, modern conveniences and genuine Asian hospitality that are distinctly Shangri-La. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Tingo, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.