I've been hearing the buzz about Islands Stay Hotel, Island's Group hotel chain. We had a quick stop-over in Cebu, so quick it was just about 9 hours.
We chose to stay in Islands Stay Mactan, one of the 2 Islands hotel in Cebu. We were to leave at 5 AM so we needed a place near the airport.
I made my reservation via their mobile phone and helpful Islands' lady Ms. Queenie booked our rooms and a vehicle for our early morning flight. This hotel is SO convenient for travellers. Yey! Another YEY, they offer discounts to unsuspecting guests!
Unlike other hotels, Islands Mactan has a no non-sense reception. Some may find it bare but the warm Cebuana smile of the receptionist was enough to fill the many spaces. I got the Small (solo) room by the roadside and my companions, the twin rooms. The hallways and the rooms were stark white with splashes of orange and green. It was a refreshing sight for a hotel! The rooms got the modern day basics: cable TV, WiFi (but my room didn't have that time) and of course, a bottle of water! The bathroom fixtures are pretty modern.
No big closet to put your few clothes in, just a few hangers were available. I was just kinda missing 2 things. One, a table to put my stuff on. I had nowhere to put my laptop (was using it for "work" hehe). I was also charging my mobile phone and my iPad and had nowhere to put them on, but on my bed. It was cool because I'm tiny and their bed offers a lot of space.
Two, their faucet was a bit too big for the water basin. I had to put my face to the side of the faucet as I was washing it or while I was brushing my teeth. You know what I mean? I couldn't put right in front of the faucet.
My stay in the hotel was a total of 6 hours only. Dead tired, even as the hotel is situated at the junction of M.L. Quezon Highway, Islands Stay Hotel-Mactan was all I needed for a good night's sleep. We grabbed our breakfast at the airport already, there was no cafe or restaurant there yet but I heard they will be putting up food stations there.
Look them up at www.islandsstay.com. I reached them at (032) 239 5456 or 0917 622 4690.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Islands Stay Hotels is a value chain hotel in Cebu that focuses on great locations while offering low prices. Islands Stay Hotels in Lapu-Lapu City, Mactan, is strategically located at the airport road intersection and is a two-minute drive away from Mactan-Cebu International Airport. Islands Stay Hotels also has a branch in uptown Cebu, strategically located in Cebu's central business district, across Ayala Center Cebu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Islands Stay Hotels Mactan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Islands Stay Hotels Mactan Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Islands Stay Hotels Mactan Cebu Island/Mactan Island