“Stayed three months with gold berry” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Goldberry Suites & Hotel

You added Goldberry Suites & Hotel to your Saves list
Goldberry Suites & Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   M. L. Quezon National Highway | Pusok, Cebu, Lapu Lapu, Philippines   |
Ranked #8 of 27 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Cebu City, Philippines
“Stayed three months with gold berry”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

This is the hotel which i was supposed to stay for about ten months
We agreed to have a special price
And its really amazing
Cleaning
Wake up calls
Arrangement has been done instead of airport to my school
When i came to the hotel first day i got upgraded to deluxe room for two nights then transferred to studio
Staff are cool and friendly
I used to go have a chat when im bored
Stuff are really nice
I pod dock
Comfy bed
And its a luxury place
As i came back to stay in it for two night after 3 months of staying
And i got discount and im famous in this hotel
When i left the hotel
I got gifts and a thanks letter from the manager
I will really come back to it as im in cebu

Room Tip: I stayed on the third floor room 306 Was the best for me
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Korean first
Baguio, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I've been to this place there's no scenic or natural view to be found in the area except for the vehicles, cars, traffic lights and motorists you see once you go out of the property. Not so good to visit if you want a more relaxing stay. No beach. I don't recommend.. traffic congestion through-out the place since it's just so near from the street. You can hear horns of vehicles every now and then, actually everyday. The food is good though.

Room Tip: room don't have a window ..
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I got a windowless standard room -- I didn't mind. There's not much of a view around the area anyway, so I liked how my room was perpetually dim. It was relaxing. The wifi connection was fantastic -- the best so far in all of the hotels I've ever stayed in, even the more expensive luxury-business-class ones. If you're in Lapu-lapu for business, and not overly stuffy and elitist, then this is the place for you if you need to be constantly online and connected.

The standard room wasn't that big but the bathroom was spacious and occupied almost half of the room. I really enjoyed that. I hate cramped, tiny bathrooms. Nothing says budget backpacker like a tiny bathroom. So I'm really glad Goldberry invested in proper space management and gave its rooms spacious bathrooms with nice amenities. I still use the free "gold" trimmed plastic toothbrush I got from the hotel. No cheap stuff here. Overall, the place was well worth the price.

Room Tip: don't get rooms near the elevator
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

As I am just passing through Cebu for a night and flying off to another destination the following morning, I needed to look for a place to stay near the airport. Goldberry suites provided me with exactly these requirements.

Due to continuous urbanization of the Metro Cebu area (composed of the Cities of Cebu, Mactan and Lapu-lapu), the economic development comes with it traffic congestion and such problems. Cebu also continue to be a tourist hub and international travelers frequent the city for both business and pleasure. This means that hotels are going to be pricey.

On this business trip, I chanced upon Goldberry suites. It's relatively new and the amenities it offers are very modern. The rooms are clean and spacious. Getting to the airport for my onward travel was also very easy. If I am given the chance to travel to Cebu in the future, I will definitely consider Goldberry suites.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

I know I can't expect too much from a tiny/budget hotel, so I booked the best room they have just to be their VIP guest. The hotel's regular rate is about $50 bucks. I got their Penthouse with the regular rate of $240 (Promo rate $170). With that rate you can get a Suite in other bigger hotels with great amenities like in the Waterfront & the Marriot. The only reason I picked this hotel is because it is the nearest hotel from the clinic where I got my surgery done. As I felt so sick after the surgery I didn't mind to pay the most expensive room they have though it wasn't worth it. My main purpose is to be their VIP guest (to have the best service) just like other big hotels would do if you're staying in their higher-rate rooms.

I asked our breakfast to be delivered to our room but the "not pleasing" voice on the other line said that they don't deliver breakfast in the room. Really! Then my private nurse explained about my situation before they agreed to deliver the breakfast. Wow really?

The front desk named "Lady" was so rude and sarcastic as she can be. We asked for an extension for 30 minutes and she automatically said "No" as their hotel's policy. We asked to speak to the manager and she said that there's no manager on Sunday and that we put her job on the line if we really insist. Really Lady? Do these people have any idea what their doing?

Guys, there's a lot of hotels in the area with better service if you're looking for lower rates. This hotel is not even worth your 50 bucks per night. The hotel's location is very noisy too. Next to a highway where big trucks and horns of any other vehicles are blowing anytime of the day.

• Stayed July 2013
goldberrysuites, Manager at Goldberry Suites & Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Ms. June_198030,

Thank you for your review about your stay at Goldberry Suites & Hotel, every review helps us improve our service while we maintain our policy of excellence in guest comfort and satisfaction. A thorough investigation is being conducted regarding your review. Please be assured that should the result of our investigation reflect any failing on our part, it shall be corrected immediately since we are committed to excellence in guest satisfaction.

We would like you to know that room service is available and that our managers and supervisors are always willing to talk to our guests as part of our service. We do appologize if there were some misunderstandings. We have talked to the people involved and we are taking actions to make sure our guests experience the comfort they deserve.

We are also currently conducting renovations on our guestrooms to provide a more relaxing stay to all our patrons. We do apologize for any inconvenience caused. Once again kindly be assured that your comments are well accepted and after completion of our investigation, it will be handled accordingly by management.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. I hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future.

Should you wish to discuss this matter further, please feel free to contact me at your convenience at gm@goldberrysuites.com.

Goldberry Suites & Hotel Management
Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Comfortable and modern boutique hotel that has excellent internet connection. The memory foam beds are also excellent.

Standard rooms are by the road side and are extremely noisy. However, they offer very good views. If you are a budget traveller, go for the studio rooms. Otherwise, go for the deluxe rooms that are facing away from the road.

Room Tip: Stay away from the noisy standard rooms facing the road.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We booked two standard rooms. Our kids were in room 405 which has 2 twin beds and is very spacious. We were in room 405 which came with a Queen Bed, but was only half the size of our kids room and had a smaller refrigerator. It also had curtain Windows on two sides which was nice at night, but allowed so much heart in during the afternoon that the air conditioner had trouble cooling the room even with the heavy curtains closed. Room 405 also doesn't have WIFI reception. The first time I called the front desk, they just said they would reboot their router. When that didn't work, I had to call again and explain that I had reception in the hallway just not in our room. This time they set up a router in our room which worked really well except that they had to unplug the desk lamp to plug it in (there are very few electric outlets in the rooms). Our key card also stopped working in the power slot, and we had to wait about 10 minutes in a hot dark room while they brought up a new one. Had I known it would take so long, I would have gone down to get it myself.

The breakfast that came with the rooms was quite good with about 10 or so pre-set options to choose from (be sure to turn your menu over to see the options on the back).

We had a bit of a scare when we saw the Extra Room Amenities rate sheet. It made it look like there was a charge for using the shampoo, lotion, tea and instant coffee that came with the room. A call to the front desk confirmed that those charges were only if you ordered extra of these items. There was also mini bar with fairly reasonably priced items and 2 complimentary bottles of water with each room.

All in all this is a good place to stay for a night before flying out, but for longer stays you should definitely check out other options as there is not much close to the hotel. Also, for a nice spacious room ask for 406 and definitely avoid 405 if possible.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
goldberrysuites, Manager at Goldberry Suites & Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Travelingonward,

Thank you for your posted review regarding your stay at Goldberry Suites & Hotel, every review helps us to improve our service while we maintain our policy of excellence in guest comfort and satisfaction.

We respectfully apologize for the inconvenience caused. A run through check was conducted in reference to your review & we were able to correct & will continuously improve everything needed, as this is our commitment to excellence in guest satisfaction.

Once again kindly be assured that your comments are well accepted. I do hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.
Should you wish to discuss any matter, please feel free to contact me at your convenience at gm@goldberrysuites.com.

Best Regards,

Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel
#9 of 39 in Mactan Island
4.0 of 5 stars 345 reviews
Bluewater Maribago Beach Resort

Been to Goldberry Suites & Hotel? Share your experiences!