“Inexpensive Stop By Airport” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Goldberry Suites & Hotel

Save Saved
You added Goldberry Suites & Hotel to your Saves list
Goldberry Suites & Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   M. L. Quezon National Highway | Pusok, Cebu, Lapu Lapu, Philippines   |
Ranked #6 of 26 hotels in Lapu Lapu
San Francisco
“Inexpensive Stop By Airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We booked two standard rooms. Our kids were in room 405 which has 2 twin beds and is very spacious. We were in room 405 which came with a Queen Bed, but was only half the size of our kids room and had a smaller refrigerator. It also had curtain Windows on two sides which was nice at night, but allowed so much heart in during the afternoon that the air conditioner had trouble cooling the room even with the heavy curtains closed. Room 405 also doesn't have WIFI reception. The first time I called the front desk, they just said they would reboot their router. When that didn't work, I had to call again and explain that I had reception in the hallway just not in our room. This time they set up a router in our room which worked really well except that they had to unplug the desk lamp to plug it in (there are very few electric outlets in the rooms). Our key card also stopped working in the power slot, and we had to wait about 10 minutes in a hot dark room while they brought up a new one. Had I known it would take so long, I would have gone down to get it myself.

The breakfast that came with the rooms was quite good with about 10 or so pre-set options to choose from (be sure to turn your menu over to see the options on the back).

We had a bit of a scare when we saw the Extra Room Amenities rate sheet. It made it look like there was a charge for using the shampoo, lotion, tea and instant coffee that came with the room. A call to the front desk confirmed that those charges were only if you ordered extra of these items. There was also mini bar with fairly reasonably priced items and 2 complimentary bottles of water with each room.

All in all this is a good place to stay for a night before flying out, but for longer stays you should definitely check out other options as there is not much close to the hotel. Also, for a nice spacious room ask for 406 and definitely avoid 405 if possible.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
goldberrysuites, Manager at Goldberry Suites & Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Travelingonward,

Thank you for your posted review regarding your stay at Goldberry Suites & Hotel, every review helps us to improve our service while we maintain our policy of excellence in guest comfort and satisfaction.

We respectfully apologize for the inconvenience caused. A run through check was conducted in reference to your review & we were able to correct & will continuously improve everything needed, as this is our commitment to excellence in guest satisfaction.

Once again kindly be assured that your comments are well accepted. I do hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.
Should you wish to discuss any matter, please feel free to contact me at your convenience at gm@goldberrysuites.com.

Best Regards,

Goldberry Suites & Hotel

103 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Korean first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

The hotel has a good location close to the airport - about 5 minutes in a taxi. If you arrive later or have to leave early from the airport this is the perfect location. Of course this close location (right at the main street and not far from the biggest bridge) is not exactly scenic. The hotel itself is clean, the staff is friendly. The rooms are modeled nicely, modern. Breakfast is served in a small restaurant next to it. Selections are ok.
For us it was a stopover over the night between flights - and for this it is perfect, clean and close to the airport - the right thing after a long flight!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I was so amazed by how absolutly fabulous this place is, They are beyond Forbes trained !!!!!!! The room was perfect for all my diving equipment and snorkle stuff. It was like a dream come true 30,000 leagues under the sea. I felt like the little Mermaid while staying here. They treated me like Manny Pacquao even tho I was a white guy. I love this place and will stay here on my next trip.

Ramish Daca-Daca & Jerad Jarvis "aka" Ice Cream man

Room Tip: ask for the rooms next to the rooster cages . lol
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Newbridge, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We wanted a hotel to stay at the end of our holiday in tthe Philippines - ideally situated near Mactan International Airport. We chose Goldberry Suites Hotel after reading good reviews. We booked a double room for four nights prior to leaving. We were so astounded with the service and room comfort and the very warm welcome which greeted us on arrival. The room was immaculate, wonderfully air conditioned which could be remotely controlled to suit. it was the ideal place to relax and reflect on the wonderful time we had in the Philippines. We found several eataries close by which served wonderful local cuisine. Transport was available to take us to the airport on our day of departure. I will most definately be booking into Goldberry Suites and Hotel next year when we intend to visit again. This hotel is definately the "icing on the cake".

Room Tip: I really cannot fault the room we stayed in even though we were facing the main street, the room was...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I stayed here on three separate occasions during my 12 day Philippines holiday and each time had a deluxe room. The rooms appear similar as to how they are displayed on their website - very clean and modern, and I felt very comfortable staying there.

Some say the location is not that great, but for me it was conveniently located close to where my friends lived. Being on a main road, its also easy to get a taxi to wherever you wish to go - its about 170 pesos to get to Ayala Mall, or 100 to the airport. There is the Gaisano Mactan Island Mall not so far away as well (if you don't mind a bit of a walk), which has a department store for your shopping needs. Its also possible to catch a jeepney from outside to take you to the Lapu-Lapu Shrine...sure, you could take a cab there, but its a good experience to travel the way the locals do.

I am not a big breakfast eater, so the free breakfast offering was sufficient for me - there was a good variety, although I preferred the longanisa (local sausage) with egg, rice, watermelon and choice of juice or tea/coffee.

The staff were always friendly and helpful, and the one time I had an issue (with the tv), it was resolved in a satisfactory manner.

The only negative things I can say is that in a couple of the rooms the shower water was not that hot. Not such an issue in summer, but I don't know what it would be like in winter.

It would be a better hotel if it had a pool. I was informed, however, that the pool across the road at Bellavista Hotel is available for a small fee.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms are quieter and worth paying extra for
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
No Fixed Address
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

One night here and really cooped up. Not a thing to do in this very average place. Room was clean and nice but rated this low as I lost an entire day twiddling my thumbs. No fault with the service but the location sucked

• Stayed May 2013
goldberrysuites, General Manager at Goldberry Suites & Hotel, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Mr. Seraglios,

Thank you for your stay at Goldberry Suites & Hotel.

Goldberry Suites & Hotel strives for excellence in guest comfort and satisfaction, and deeply appreciates your review and the time taken to express same.

Even if our hotel is located along a major and main road, the lack of commercial business activity in this Island can be the reason for this feeling. I am pleased to advise you that our Executive Management Team is currently aware of your expressed concerns and is already working with our Property Owners for new developments to address this to create more activities & entertainments in our surroundings.

Once again Goldberry Suites & Hotel sincerely thanks you for your stay and your review as we look forward to your stay once again in the not too distant future.

Should you wish to discuss this matter further, please feel free to contact me at your convenience at gm@goldberrysuites.com.

Goldberry Suites & Hotel Management
Hamburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

plus:
- free airport transfer,
- very clean, neat and modern,
- very friendly and helpful staff,
- very nice rooms (glass shower/bathroom),
- nice flat-TV
minus:
- no swimming-pool,
- no breakfast-buffet, only a very small set-breakfast,
- standard rooms are to the main-road and very noisy (choose a deluxe room to the garden, very quite)
overall:
we will always come again and can recommend this hotel to everyone for 1 to 4 nights (near airport)

Room Tip: the standard-rooms are to the mainroad and very noisy, the deluxe-rooms are to the garden, very quit...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Goldberry Suites & Hotel? Share your experiences!