“So so” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Goldberry Suites & Hotel

You added Goldberry Suites & Hotel to your Saves list
Goldberry Suites & Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   M. L. Quezon National Highway | Pusok, Cebu, Lapu Lapu, Philippines   |
Ranked #8 of 27 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
No Fixed Address
“So so”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

One night here and really cooped up. Not a thing to do in this very average place. Room was clean and nice but rated this low as I lost an entire day twiddling my thumbs. No fault with the service but the location sucked

• Stayed May 2013
goldberrysuites, General Manager at Goldberry Suites & Hotel, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Mr. Seraglios,

Thank you for your stay at Goldberry Suites & Hotel.

Goldberry Suites & Hotel strives for excellence in guest comfort and satisfaction, and deeply appreciates your review and the time taken to express same.

Even if our hotel is located along a major and main road, the lack of commercial business activity in this Island can be the reason for this feeling. I am pleased to advise you that our Executive Management Team is currently aware of your expressed concerns and is already working with our Property Owners for new developments to address this to create more activities & entertainments in our surroundings.

Once again Goldberry Suites & Hotel sincerely thanks you for your stay and your review as we look forward to your stay once again in the not too distant future.

Should you wish to discuss this matter further, please feel free to contact me at your convenience at gm@goldberrysuites.com.

Goldberry Suites & Hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Korean first
Hamburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

plus:
- free airport transfer,
- very clean, neat and modern,
- very friendly and helpful staff,
- very nice rooms (glass shower/bathroom),
- nice flat-TV
minus:
- no swimming-pool,
- no breakfast-buffet, only a very small set-breakfast,
- standard rooms are to the main-road and very noisy (choose a deluxe room to the garden, very quite)
overall:
we will always come again and can recommend this hotel to everyone for 1 to 4 nights (near airport)

Room Tip: the standard-rooms are to the mainroad and very noisy, the deluxe-rooms are to the garden, very quit...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Clean and well maintained room.
Very accommodating staff and service.
Only downside is location is not that superb since it is located along the road, its an advantage for those who have appointment with the city municipal and its just minutes away from the airport.
And their food are way over priced with limited choices.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

everything is cool and nice in this hotel . the rooms are so modern ,fashionable , and so clean . the stuff was super friendly . the breakfast was average . have sattelite TV in the room with ipod base charger . it's quite & clean . i really like it .

• Stayed February 2013
Seoul, South Korea
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Goldberry Suites is a limited purpose business hotel with little else going for it. The food at the Vienna Koffeehaus was sub-par. The rooms look clean but are not properly steam-vacuumed. Walking around for a few minutes resulted in very soiled socks. On the bright side, the staff are very helpful, so was the airport shuttle. The hotel is in the middle of nowhere and accessing anywhere on foot can be dangerous. Will not visit again. (Don't know why its ranked so high on tripadvisor.)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
goldberrysuites, Manager at Goldberry Suites & Hotel, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear donSeoul,

Thank you for the posted review about your stay at Goldberry Suites & Hotel, every review helps us to improve our service while we maintain our policy of excellence in guest comfort and satisfaction.

We respectfully apologize for your unfortunate experience and the inconvenience caused. A thorough investigation is being made about your review. Please be assured that should the result of our investigation reflect any failing on our part, it shall be corrected immediately since we are committed to excellence in guest satisfaction.

Once again, thank you for your review, it is deeply appreciated.

Goldberry Suites & Hotel Management
Sacheon, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

In January, I stayed for one night at the Goldberry. My plane arrived at 01:00 AM and the Goldberry representative was waiting for me when I walked out of the baggage claim. In less than fifteen minutes I was checking into the hotel. I stayed for one night, as my dive resort was picking me up at 11:30 AM.

My studio room was quiet, comfortable, modern and nicely equipped (refrigerator with min- bar, complimentary water, packages of coffee, kettle, shampoo, etc.). There were no windows in my room, so in the morning it did feel a little dark. My rate included breakfast and it was served at an adjacent restaurant where I was given a choice from several set plates. The food was enough to get me going, but it only included one cup of coffee, so I paid for a second cup.

I looked around the area a little and there was not too much of interest. There was a small sari-sari booth (not a walk-in store) across the street and next door there was a Chinese bank with an ATM.

The Goldberry was absolutely perfect for what I wanted and needed. The staff was very pleasant and helpful, and I felt very secure there. I made my own reservations online through the Goldberry website and it was very easy. If I again have a late plane, or need a room for a night by the airport, I would not hesitate to return to the Goldberry.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

A great hotel with great suites and a wonderful penthouse!

I decided that after our three week Philippines my partner and I should have a real treat for our final night before getting a flight back to the UK,and the penthouse didn't let us down.

The hotel reception,interiors and lift where spotless.
The penthouse was lovely. A great TV,sound or lounge area,a kitchenette,although we ate out so didn't use it,a dining area,lovely quiet bedroom with an en suite bathroom,no bath though,which is no biggie,if it is,then the fabulous balcony and sun area should more than make up for this.

All the staff where warm and friendly and you get a free airport transfer to.

We loved it.

Room Tip: Go for it, ;-)
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Goldberry Suites & Hotel? Share your experiences!