“Home away from Home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan

Save Saved
You added Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan to your Saves list
Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Seascapes Resort Town | Mactan Island, Lapu Lapu 6015, Philippines   |
Ranked #5 of 26 hotels in Lapu Lapu
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
“Home away from Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I have been stayed at the Crimson Resort and Spa for over a month and everyday I was proud to be staying at the Crimson where the personal touches remind me of home. The Crimson Resort Employees I come in contact with everyday always make me feel very special and make the Resort feel like home.

My co-workers and I visited SM Mall and stopped at a coffee shop and we noticed that their employees were not very nice and not friendly at all. We both looked at eachother and stated that we wish we were back at Crimson where the employees are always smiling and very friendly (once the shuttle arrived from our long day out we were greeted by Crimson greeters with cups of tea welcoming us back).

As a trainer in customer service we are committed to delivering World Class Service and known for Employing great employees who deliver Excellent Service I also want to take this time to recognize some of the people who have made my stay very memorable by delivering World Class Customer Service from your General Manager (James), Customer Service Manager, Madeline (Maddie), Emmanuel, JR, Edmund, Raymond, Cyrus, Renan, Don, Ryan to the Gardners.

Lots of personalized service such as cold citrus wet towel, citrus tea upon arriving, eucaliptus hand washing, fresh flowers with daily activities, pastry treats during turn down, cocktail hour, towel creations, the wait staff remembered my favorite drink also fresh squeezed pineapple/orange juice in the tempo room for breakfast. The hotel staff even treated our business group to a SParty at Aum Spa which was AMAZING and very relaxing.

KUDOS to all at Crimson Resort & Spa for making my stay very memorable.

Room Tip: The bed in the Deluxe Garden rooms are very comfortable
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
GMCrimsonMactan, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Let me start by saying, what an absolute pleasure it was to have you in our resort. We are humbled by your comment that we provide world class service. I am simply proud that my team can compete with the rest of the world and based on what you said, we can hold our own.

We are truly grateful for your wonderful review which will serve as fuel that will renew the enthusiasm of my team to continually deliver excellent customer service. I hope that more guests will be as generous with their comments.

Furthermore, we are all happy that you appreciate our services and even went as far as mentioning the names of the team members who stood out. Rest assured I will take note of each one.

Thank you for your outstanding review and we look forward to your next visit to our resort.

620 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Gurgaon, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

The resot is amazing & well spread out. I was upgraded to a villa, which was quite a nice one with a private pool, which was cleaned daily. The Hotel pool was also big which was next to the big private beach (beach looked artificial to me). They have golf cart service to take you/ your luggage to rooms (which can be quite a wait many times)

The maintenance was below par though (I found a ded cockroach in the washroom, missing kettle etc)

The service was nice & prompt. The staff was very supportive, specially their guest service manager (Ms. Aguirre), who helped me with my complaints and tried to makeup for them. She was always supportive.

Will I stay at this place, if I go to Cebu again, probably yes, If I stay in Mactan. The place is far from main Cebu city (45 minutes drive - they do have a limited shuttle service), making it a bit less attractive (unless you want to be completely cut off from the city)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
GMCrimsonMactan, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
My team and I are extremely grateful for your honest review. We are glad that despite your initial disappointment you were still able to enjoy your stay with us. Thank you for sharing the positive aspects of your stay and for specially mentioning Ms. Aguirre in your review.

Rest assured that I have noted your concerns and have asked our Executive Housekeeper to ensure that the incident with the cockroach will not happen again.

Once again, we thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to our resort.

Muntinlupa, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We had a conference for approximately a hundred and fifty people for three(3) days. I'll keep the review simple - the experience was a delight.

Crimson was about 15-20 minutes away from Mactan airport and once you arrive it would take you no time to get to check-in. Was greeted by Mark - banquet manager since I made an appointment to do an ocular and check of facilities prior to our conference proper and he was very accommodating and friendly. Facilities are complete which family and friends alike would truly enjoy.

General feedback coming from our 150 participants seem to echo this sentiment. The food served was sumptuous and really tasty (compared with 'normal' hotel food). Staff were really friendly which I guess is the output of management really putting resources and efforts for training and constant reminders of what customer service truly is. They will truly make you feel like a 'guest in their house'.

Of course there's a few suggestions arising from our experience which can be improved either through a change in policy or empowering employees to make decisions. First is wifi connectivity - it's off and on and expectations in a summit is that you can video stream for presentations even with a number of users. It's either a review of service provider and/or infrastructure. Second is promotions in beverage price vs. banquet price of beverage - the customer's take is everything should be constant across the organization. One expects the same level of service in Saffron and the reception desk then it should also follow that the price of a beverage in the sports bar and the bar by the pool should be the same.

Net-net, anyone expecting a great getaway should book in Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan to experience what it is to be pampered by your resort hosts (if only this can be transferred to Crimson, Muntinlupa but that's another story). Kudos to all your staff for making our conference a very enriching experience and special mention to Mark and Bobby and their crew.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
We are truly grateful that you have taken the time to share your recent experience with us. We are delighted that your function went well and extremely thrilled that we received an excellent feedback for our food.

Furthermore, I am grateful that you appreciate the effort that our team has put in ensuring that your function went well. Thank you for recognizing Mark and Bobby. Both of them are dedicated in providing excellent customer service and I am glad that you have taken the time to mention them in your review.

I have also noted your suggestions. Rest assured that we will look into these especially for future functions so we can better improve our services as well as the packages we offer.

Again, thank you very much for your generous feedback and we will look forward to being your choice of venue for your upcoming functions.

Dapitan City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

It was mid of the semester when my Mom asked me to join her on her business trip in Cebu. I was in Manila and my Mom was in Dipolog. We just meet halfway in Cebu. I joined my Mom meeting our business partners. While my Mom and her business partners are discussing revenue stuffs for the business, I am eyeing for a place where we will stay that night. I bumped to my friend's facebook account. She posted photographs with happy faces and delightful smiles of her family when they were in this resort. And, it was Crimson Resort and Spa.

Without any doubt, I dropped an inquiry in their website for our stay. At the same time, I also called up the resort for a room reservation. I was amazed with their reservations officer. Since he told me that all their room categories are available, he first quoted me their standard room. I was fine with their rate and it was discounted. He even tried to upgrade my room. Until, we came up with a deal and I availed their Ocean Villa.

When I checked my e-mail, my inquiry was also answered. Same facts was offered to me. I also received a confirmation to my reservation after some minutes. They are exercising sense of urgency. Thumbs up!

Now, as sun sets, we arrived in this resort. We were helped by the Concierge buddies even only with our hand-carry big bags and were greeted warmly by the red-dressed ladies.

We had a somewhat like an express check-in counter. The hotel receptionist was so smart and quick on our registration. I just forgot that lady's name.

We now have our Ocean Villa. The room was spacious. The canopy bed was very awesome, somewhat I feel like a celebrity lying on this bed. The room was so techie. We have a numbered of LCD TVs. We also have a plunge pool. With this room, I just really feel like I am at home.

My Mom was happy with my picked resort. She even can't imagine that I found this resort by my own. I was not here way back in college even I had my under grad course in Cebu. That's why I received a treat from my Mom. We pampered ourselves at the Aum Spa. After a heavy day of business dealings, my Mom had a Perfection Massage. She told me that it was just right by its name, 'perfect'. At the same moment, I also had my 'Teen Massage' and 'Teen Facial'. I can really say 'worth the price'. I even forget my challenges from law school. My mom also took a deep breath and relaxation.

Generally, this short but worthy 'staycation' has carved a curve in me. It was really remarkable. With the people I dealt in this resort, they extended a heartfelt hospitality. Me, my family will really come back in this haven. I will even bring my friends soon. Expect me to spread harmonious words for this resort. Keep extending happy memories to your guests! Yo Volveré!

Room Tip: The villas are great. You'll be a king or queen of your palace.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
GMCrimsonMactan, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience while staying at Crimson Resort and Spa. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service.

We are all glad to read such a wonderful review. I have shared your excellent comments about our services and facilities to our team members since this will serve as our inspiration to continually delight all our guests.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back to our resort in the not too distant future.

Quezon City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I should have come across this enchanted place, even before i wasted my money from other resorts. Facades when you enter was quite disappointing with those residential houses (looks expensive houses by the way) all over.But when you enter the hotel premises, VOILA! Have you ever imagined yourself in one of the resorts in Thailand? in Bali for that matter? This resort speaks it all.

I stayed in one of their villas, which by the way a perfect room for me and my wife (celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary) with the plunge pool inside, very cozy bed, your own living room. There was a dedicated villa personnel who arranged our romantic dinner by the beach.It was a night i became a king, my wife being my queen.

And here's more, i am very amused with that gestures of the staff when you meet along the way, they bow their heads and place their one hand over their chest.The service was exceptional.

The spa is another aspect of the resort that you must include in your itinerary. I couldn't describe much how heavenly that place was.You got to try it yourself.

Wanna be treated like royalty? Crimson is your kingdom!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
You make our resort sound like a magical place. I hope all of our guests feel that way about Crimson. My team and I are grateful that you and your wife decided to celebrate your 10th anniversary with us. We are truly honored to be a part of such an important event in your lives.

Furthermore, we are delighted that you felt like royalty during your stay. Since, that is exactly our goal and that is to provide all our guests with wonderful memories you can keep for a lifetime.

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments and I hope that you will come back to celebrate with us again.

Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Crimson is a nice place and service is very good. We were a bit disappointed by our Garden Room, as there are actually no garden, there is a small terrace that is located on the driveway where you have a lot of people coming and going. No privacy. It might better to pay less and get a room with a balcony. Food is good but pricey. If you are a beach person, don't go there. It is very small with rocky sand, we tried to make sand castle and it is not possible as it is too rocky. There are also plenty of big stones in the water, so depending on the tide level, it is almost impossible to go in the water.
My toddlers enjoyed the children's playground as there are organizing activities mornings and afternoons (inside and outside).
Otherwise it is far away from everything and quiet.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay in Crimson and thought that our service is good. Although, I regret that you were disappointed with the view from your room and our beach, I am still happy since you were able to appreciate what our resort has to offer. We may have some limitations especially with our beach area. However, we have other facilities and lots of activities that you and your family can enjoy during your stay.

I hope that your children were able to play with our Imagination Playground while at Crimzone as this is a great way to encourage them to be creative while having fun.

Thank you very much for all your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

After a very bad start with hotels in the Cebu City ( please see my last post) I finally hit the home run. This hotel is truly amazing the staff are the greatest you can find in this whole island. As me and my wife our divers we were able to leave our kids at the hotels kids zone most of the day while went diving. They girls really took good care of the them and made sure they were entertained properly.

Room Tip: leave your kids with NICO and he will make sure they have fun
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
GMCrimsonMactan, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
I am glad that you appreciated our amazing team. We are honored that you said that our staff “are the greatest you can find on the island.”

Your wonderful comments will inspire our team members to work even harder in ensuring that our standards are met at all times.

You even recommended leaving kids with Nico, our Director of Fun. I guess that’s because Nico and his team are great in coming up with fun activities that everyone will surely enjoy.

Thank you for all your delightful comments and we look forward to your next visit to our resort.

James

Been to Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan? Share your experiences!