“Chillax to the max” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan

Save Saved
You added Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan to your Saves list
Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Seascapes Resort Town | Mactan Island, Lapu Lapu 6015, Philippines   |
Ranked #5 of 26 hotels in Lapu Lapu
Hong Kong
“Chillax to the max”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Just had an amazing 5 day chillout at the Crimson.

The highlight is undoubtedly the staff and the effort they go to to making your time as effortless and stress-free as possible. The level of customer service was consistently high in all areas of the resort, from front-desk to pool-bar to the concierge as I left the hotel (and I am quite fussy!). A special mention has to to go to: (i) the guys at the Azure Pool Bar (Carlo and Ryan) - always smiling and nothing was ever too much effort; (ii) Jaydee from the sports/animation team who managed to get people involved with fun activities even at low season (though she is quite competitive when it comes to beach volleyball); and (iii) Grethel who gave fantastic massages at the poolside.

Rooms were spotless and services quick/efficient (room service/laundry/car service). I didn't use the spa so can't comment, but the poolside massage treatment was excellent so why not enjoy the pampering in the sunshine?!

The pool is great, but you have to get up early to get a good spot (as with anywhere). I prefer to get up later and enjoyed the beach anyway, so was very happy. Plenty of amazing fish to look at just a few feet into the water when you want to cool off. Stay around for sunset when they perform a nice little candle-lit ceremony.

Food/service at the restaurant, Tempo, was EXCELLENT. Little pricier than some places in the city, but definitely worth it. Lobster bisque and aberdeen steak were superb.

Made the effort to make this my first review as I couldn't fault anything with my stay - I only wished it lasted longer. I really don't understand how anyone could have anything negative to say about this place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
GMCrimsonMactan, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear DJSmail1987,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience while staying at Crimson Resort and Spa. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service.

Although we are equally delighted with all the comments we receive from our guests. There are of course those that really stand out. Yours definitely stood out as it highlighted most of the areas in our resort.

Normally, when a TripAdvisor comment is being read to the managers in the morning they would usually brace themselves, waiting for issues pertaining to their respective departments. Since, they are used to answering questions I would throw at them after. That is how seriously we take each comment we receive. However, this was not the case this morning as your comments were all affirmative leaving our managers in high spirits, ready to tackle the day ahead.

We are grateful for your positive comments which we would definitely be sharing with the rest of our team. This would encourage them to continue consistently giving high level of customer service to every guest they meet.

Once again, thank you for your invigorating feedback and we hope to welcome you again to our resort in the not too distant future.

631 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Basel, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Very good hotel.
A little bit "americanised" in the service methods....staff trying too hard to please, and missing the important things...!
In general food, drinks and service good qulaity and price, especially at the beach bar.
Breakfast buffet outrageous, dont do it.
the local trips are highly reccomended, especially the "Island Hopping " with "Leo "and his crew...dont miss the snorkeling , fish feeding and the isolated islands...great fun!

Room Tip: close to the pool/beach bar
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
GMCrimsonMactan, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Colin B,

My team and I are happy that you chose to stay in our resort among the resorts available here in Mactan. Your excellent comments about the resort’s food, drinks and good service have been shared with my colleagues.

I have noted your comments regarding our staff “missing the important things” and rest assured our Training Manager will ensure that our staff will undergo retraining so this does not happen again.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you again to our resort in the not too distant future.

manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Booked a deluxe room for a 3D/2N stay. This resort is perfect if you just want to lounge, unwind and just enjoy the view. Not much to do here. The beach is rocky with coarse sand. The pool is great, it's big. The food is not much to rave about. The breakfast buffet has a lot of choices but is typical, nothing special. The only thing I liked about their breakfast are the breads. Their croissant is perfect! The staff are friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: Try to book a king size bed. I booked a king size bed but when I got there they gave me a twin room...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
GMCrimsonMactan, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Shutterbugtei,

I am delighted that you had a great staycation in our resort. Your positive comments with regards to our great pool, perfect croissant as well as our friendly and accommodating staff have been shared with my colleagues.

I am sorry if you felt that you did not have much to do during your stay. However, we have several activities available which varies daily. We also have a daily activity sheet that is delivered to all the rooms in the morning to advise our guests of the activities in the resort.

Lawton, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I were looking for a nice hotel we could have a quiet relaxing 4th of July weekend. His birthday just happened to be included in that so I searched high and low for a hotel that can accommodate our price range as well as the numerous requests I would need to ensure our first vacation together was romantic, meaningful and fun.

1. We arrived extremely early in the morning ... the first thing I discovered was not all ATMs accept your cards. Some take only MasterCard and others take only Visa. That was the first problem I encountered upon arrival at the hotel. We were greeted warmly by last names of the shuttle driver at the airport as well as the front desk representatives. Unfortunately they were not able to price match so we had to pay $240 to check-in six hours early! That was a regrettable decision as the room we stayed in was not worth $250 AT ALL!

2. The buffet breakfast was excellent however very pricey for the value. There were many options, but catered to mainly Korean or Asian personnel. Not worth the $25 we paid that first morning. In my opinion, if you wanted to provide a buffet and accept multi-national personnel within your resort you should offer a broad variety of breakfast food to include more cereal options, juice options etc.

3. Our 'deluxe' room was ok. The bed was comfortable, and the quantity of pillows suited my boyfriends needs. One question I have is if the room we stayed in (pictures to be posted soon) is a deluxe room, I would like to see what the standard rooms look like. The posts that I read previously about standard rooms claim they had two flat screen TVs (1 in the bedroom, 1 I'm the bathroom). Our room did not receive this luxury. Our housekeeper Violeta was great although she forgot to leave us toilet paper a few times. I still I still tipped her for leaving towel animals on our bed daily.

4. The water sports were lacking during the time we stayed (4-7 July). These activities were VERY expensive, for the price we paid for the room was already enough but we had to pay almost $50 to ride the jet skies for 30 minutes. We were also not informed of the various tours they had to offer like the shark feeding and the crocodile park. I was very disappointed when I found out these options were there but never presented to us. The SM Mall was very disappointing although rather amusing. Seven or more floors of skin whitening stores, a BINGO parlor, bowling alley, OB/GYN, supermarket etc. I could not believe I could get a female check-up then walk down the hall for a mani/pedi lol.

5. I was very upset when one of the hotel professionals pretty much ruined my boyfriends birthday surprise. I arranged for flower petals to be scattered across the room. He had the roses on the railing in front of the room when we walked up then asked my boyfriend when he wanted them to be placed in the room. I paid over 6,000 Php for this to occur and it wasn't even that much of a surprise for him.

6. The spa was excellent! I can't say enough about it, the couples bath and massage was outstanding. I would definitely recommend that if you don't do anything else that you at least get a massage. We enjoyed and would do this again.

All in all, the resort was a great place to stay. I recommend for them to come up with an all inclusive price and lower their buffet and water sports activities prices. Especially seeing as how many of the water sports were not available when we were there. Customer service was above reproach,I enjoyed being greeted by everyone that passed by. In some cases they knew our last names and greeted as such. This resort is not located near anything so if you're looking to do things outside of the resort please keep in mind there is NOTHING there.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ArmyTraveller29,

My team and I are honored that you decided to spend your boyfriend’s birthday here in our resort. We are glad that you thought our resort was a great place to stay in and experienced customer service that is beyond reproach.

As for the concerns you raised, we do not have a standard room. However, we have the deluxe, deluxe garden, and our villas. Also, I am sorry if you were disappointed with regards to your boyfriend’s birthday surprise. Rest assured that corrective action has already been done to ensure that this does not happen again.

In the matter of having an all inclusive package, please check our website to see the different packages we offer.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you and your boyfriend back to our resort in the not too distant future.

Kansas City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

My family and I stayed in adjoining rooms for a weekend trip to Cebu, our first, and my sister and I picked Crimson after taking multiple factors into consideration. We had a 10 year-old and a senior with us so there had to be something for everyone. The staff was great. The facilities suffer in comparison to other places we've stayed at elsewhere, but the price was comparable to other resorts in the area. We had unlimited use of non-motorized water sports, which we used just briefly because there was much else to do. The food is good but pretty expensive on premises, and it was going to cost PHP950 to take the resort van each way, but we had fun with their videoke room and since the cost was consumable in food, ate dinner there. There are activities like trivia night, open mic night and water aerobics during the day, and the infinity pools are picturesque. The beach itself was inaccessible on the first day because of bad weather, and there was quite a bit of debris on the subsequent days, so I would recommend the pool for swimming, and the beach for aquatic sports. There's plenty to do on property so I would stay here again if I wanted to just kick back and relax beachside. We took an all-day tour which took us to Cebu City and didn't use the resort facilities much that day, so if you want to do more than that I'd probably stay elsewhere. Also the showers weren't designed very well; the doors don't close and there's a puddle outside the stall when you exit, but there's a very pretty sliding pane that opens the tub to the rest of the room. Balcony unfortunately smelled like cigarette smoke; we asked and were told they did not have non-smoking rooms, but people are not supposed to smoke inside. Some people next door were partying late when we were trying to turn in early before our day tour so that was unfortunate as well. Overall good experience though.

Room Tip: If you have a party member with difficulty walking, you should probably ask for a room on the ground...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Aleiana,

We are pleased that you chose our resort among the resorts here in Mactan. Even more so with your wonderful comments which will no doubt encourage my team to strive harder to ensure that our standards are maintained at all times.

I have also noted your concerns regarding the shower doors which I’ve asked our Chief Engineer to prioritize so our future guests will not encounter the same challenges.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you and your family again to our resort in the not too distant future.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

I stayed this hotel two night. When we arrived hotel, no one serve us and no welcome drink...Actually we book sea view room. but they gave us garden room and grand floor. Even we complain, they just laugh then ignore us.....
After enter the room, floor was not tidy enough. When take shower, water supply is not enough strong. because water come out from under the pipe. we asked them to repair. but finally they don't repair.
Around hotel totally nothing. so must be book taxi. but hotel will not help book taxi. they will ask their hotel car.Price is much expensive than taxi(from airport to hotel taxi is 160php. their price is 550php). Beach is very small. but pool is just ok.
Most people is korean( almost 95%)
So if you like shopping or go out to find some, I will not recommend this hotel. if you are like to stay hotel and relax, it is ok. But I will not choose this hotel next time.
基本的にホテルの周りには何もないためホテル内で過ごすしかないです。ホテルから町に行くにもタクシーが必要なためかなり不便です。リラックスしたい方には良いと思いますが、お勧めは出来ません。

• Stayed July 2013
GMCrimsonMactan, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Esinsan,

I have noted your concerns and rest assured we are currently investigating this. I am sorry if you felt that our team members were unhelpful during your stay with us. I hope you can get in touch with me as I would like to get more details regarding this incident.

Although, the service we provide may not always be perfect. However, our team members are not in the habit of laughing at guests since we always take all guest concerns seriously. We always strive to solve each concern efficiently and in a timely manner to ensure guest satisfaction.

Macau, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

First time to Cebu and we were very pleased with our experience at Crimson Mactan.

Taxi to Crimson should only cost about 200 pesos. Remember not to let taxi attendants help you with your bags as you leave the airport, as they will insist on tips for putting your bags into the trunk.

Check in and check out may take a bit of time, so stay relaxed. They will serve you some nice cold drinks and a cold tower.

Standard room is pretty nice. The place is new and I heard from other friends that the rooms at Crimson are even better than Shangri-la. Bed is very comfy and a lot of pillows. Curtains have blackout curtains so you can sleep in late. Big flatscreen TV. Bathroom is an actual room with full tub and a separate shower, plus another TV. Basic toiletries, but no shaver. AC is very powerful and both the room and bathroom have ceiling fans.

Make sure to keep a resort umbrella in the outside umbrella stand. If there isn't one, you can grab one of the resort ones all over the place. We went during the rainy season, so a few showers at night, but the days were great and sunny.

Wifi throughout the resort for free. Great!

The bar by the beach have food, but beware of the flies. Seemed like it was happy hour all the time, so 2 for 1 drinks made us happy. Bar area have lounge daybeds with umbrellas facing the ocean. Very relaxing.

Saffron Cafe is the main restaurant and we ate all our meals there a la carte. Buffet is on offer, but a la carte is plenty enough for us and works out to be half the price of buffet and you leave feeling good, not stuffed and can't move. Salads were really good. Recommend the blue fin tuna salad. Stay away from the pizza, too doughy. Sandwiches are good and the fries are well fried.

There's a sports bar with pool tables. Only spent one night there with some friends for happy hour. It's ok for a nightcap. Not a pickup joint. Resort is mainly families, couples and girlfriends on a girls getaway.

Pool is nice and have plenty of chairs. Even more chairs by the beach. Sand is rather rocky and shelly. Water is clear, but not as nice as Boracay. And a lot of small boulders, as I hear the beach was man made. I hear that the Shangri-la beach is much nicer. Plenty of water sports if you're into that, but found it a little on the pricey side. Plenty of other free activities like yoga, gym, water aerobics, beach volleyball.

The best part is the spa. Great value! We had an evening flight, so spent the day at the spa. The spa has it's own swimming pool and jacuzzi, so book a half day treatment. We got a scrub, soaked in an outdoor couples tub, 90 mins massage, 60 mins facial, juice and fruit for about USD400 total including taxes and VAT. Tip not necessary, but we did because their therapists are really good.

Remember there is tax and VAT, but still relatively inexpensive.

Nothing to do outside of the resort, unless you speak the language and know where you're going. You really go to Cebu and relax at the resort. I would highly recommend Crimson.

And I was there for a wedding and the staff was great. Food was good, too. Overall a very pleasant experience at Crimson.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the main lobby, so that your walk to the restaurant and pool is short.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
GMCrimsonMactan, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Whatsupmacau,

I am delighted that you had a very pleasant experience during your stay with us. This has always been our goal and nothing warms our heart more than reading excellent comments from our guests.

Our Executive Chef is extremely pleased that you recommended his blue fin tuna salad and for praising the food in our resort. Rest assured that he will look into the pizza being too doughy.

We’re also glad that you found great value in our spa when you booked a half day treatment and enjoyed our happy hour by availing our promos.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back to our resort in the not too distant future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lapu Lapu
ALTA Cebu Resort
ALTA Cebu Resort
#1 of 4 in Cordova
4.0 of 5 stars 217 reviews

Been to Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan? Share your experiences!