My boyfriend and I were looking for a nice hotel we could have a quiet relaxing 4th of July weekend. His birthday just happened to be included in that so I searched high and low for a hotel that can accommodate our price range as well as the numerous requests I would need to ensure our first vacation together was romantic, meaningful and fun.
1. We arrived extremely early in the morning ... the first thing I discovered was not all ATMs accept your cards. Some take only MasterCard and others take only Visa. That was the first problem I encountered upon arrival at the hotel. We were greeted warmly by last names of the shuttle driver at the airport as well as the front desk representatives. Unfortunately they were not able to price match so we had to pay $240 to check-in six hours early! That was a regrettable decision as the room we stayed in was not worth $250 AT ALL!
2. The buffet breakfast was excellent however very pricey for the value. There were many options, but catered to mainly Korean or Asian personnel. Not worth the $25 we paid that first morning. In my opinion, if you wanted to provide a buffet and accept multi-national personnel within your resort you should offer a broad variety of breakfast food to include more cereal options, juice options etc.
3. Our 'deluxe' room was ok. The bed was comfortable, and the quantity of pillows suited my boyfriends needs. One question I have is if the room we stayed in (pictures to be posted soon) is a deluxe room, I would like to see what the standard rooms look like. The posts that I read previously about standard rooms claim they had two flat screen TVs (1 in the bedroom, 1 I'm the bathroom). Our room did not receive this luxury. Our housekeeper Violeta was great although she forgot to leave us toilet paper a few times. I still I still tipped her for leaving towel animals on our bed daily.
4. The water sports were lacking during the time we stayed (4-7 July). These activities were VERY expensive, for the price we paid for the room was already enough but we had to pay almost $50 to ride the jet skies for 30 minutes. We were also not informed of the various tours they had to offer like the shark feeding and the crocodile park. I was very disappointed when I found out these options were there but never presented to us. The SM Mall was very disappointing although rather amusing. Seven or more floors of skin whitening stores, a BINGO parlor, bowling alley, OB/GYN, supermarket etc. I could not believe I could get a female check-up then walk down the hall for a mani/pedi lol.
5. I was very upset when one of the hotel professionals pretty much ruined my boyfriends birthday surprise. I arranged for flower petals to be scattered across the room. He had the roses on the railing in front of the room when we walked up then asked my boyfriend when he wanted them to be placed in the room. I paid over 6,000 Php for this to occur and it wasn't even that much of a surprise for him.
6. The spa was excellent! I can't say enough about it, the couples bath and massage was outstanding. I would definitely recommend that if you don't do anything else that you at least get a massage. We enjoyed and would do this again.
All in all, the resort was a great place to stay. I recommend for them to come up with an all inclusive price and lower their buffet and water sports activities prices. Especially seeing as how many of the water sports were not available when we were there. Customer service was above reproach,I enjoyed being greeted by everyone that passed by. In some cases they knew our last names and greeted as such. This resort is not located near anything so if you're looking to do things outside of the resort please keep in mind there is NOTHING there.
- Also Known As:
- Crimson Resort And Spa, Mactan Hotel
- Crimson Resort And Spa, Mactan Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Crimson Resort And Spa, Mactan Cebu Island/Mactan Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Synonymous with luxury and personalized service, Crimson Resort and Spa is the new destination and resort to experience. Nestled in one of the country's most prestigious tourist destinations, this exclusive piece of paradise is just 15 minutes away from the Mactan International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, HotelTravel.com and Venere so you can book your Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.