“Mandatory Gala Dinner! Really!!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan

You added Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan to your Saves list
Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Seascapes Resort Town | Mactan Island, Lapu Lapu 6015, Philippines   |
Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
California
“Mandatory Gala Dinner! Really!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I found the resort to be clean and well maintained. This is the only resort I've been to where they request copies of your passport the minute you checked in, right there and then I felt like I was going through the customs. The front desk lay out was not practical. It appears this resort is marketed to a korean majority. I did not feel the warmth, welcoming and inviting feeling compare to New World Makati, Alta Vista and Manila Marriott where we stayed during this visit. Since I booked for through New Years Eve and beyond, there was a MANDATORY gala dinner on the 31st even though we did not attend, we still had to pay 17,500 pesos for the 4 of us. I have NEVER heard of such a ridiculous policy. I gave our tickets to the employees but they could not use it either, WOW!! Needless to say, I was not impressed. We could not order an extra bed since I had booked the deluxe room. The bathroom size was as big as the bedroom, that's great if you are into bathrooms. The beach area was very rocky, so you needed to walk carefully. The car service to a restaurant and Mactan Shrine was good, gave a good suggestion on the restaurant. Need improvement on accomodations..get rid of mandatory gala dinner!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
GMCrimsonMactan, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Jay O,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience while staying at Crimson Resort and Spa. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service.

I have noted your comments and I express regret at your dissatisfaction with regards to asking for passport copies upon your check in at our resort. Rest assured that it is a standard in every hotel or resort to ask for a valid ID upon check in. Regarding the mandatory gala dinner, it was merely our way of ensuring that you and your family would have tickets for that evening before it runs out, as our other outlets would be closed for that evening therefore there was no other place for you and your family to have dinner. Although not all our rooms can comfortably accommodate a family of four perhaps you would like to try our villas on your next visit.

Lastly, we are happy to say that since your stay with us, we have made improvements to our beach area which a lot of our guests have enjoyed.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to our resort in the not too distant future.

Area General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

After reading the reviews of the others, what else can I say? They took away all the positive words that I was about to say regarding our stay at Crimson. It was a perfect holiday break and a great chance to bond as a family. Our kids really loved the place. As a bonus to our wonderful vacation is that our daughter got a chance to meet a famous child actress. She was so kind and they had a great time at the pool. Thanks Crimson!

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Rhesean,

It is always our pleasure to provide all our guests with a perfect holiday break. We are glad that you had a chance to bond as a family and your kids loved our resort.

Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I booked it online and paid for Airport Transfer. Upon arriving Mactan Airport we were told that, our name is not in their list thus need to pay again. I showed him the booking clerk arranged a vehicle in a few minutes. Took a Villa, nice 2 rooms and a very spacious bathroom equipped with a TV. Designed very well, good food with a good mixture of Asian and Western. Excellent employees. almost perfect service and one of the best SPA. A fruitful 3 nights stay. On the check out time again I was asked to pay for Car Rental fee for transportation (Again the same drama) but overall it was a good choice. I recommend to those who wants 3 to 4 days runaway

Dear Mhdagtas,

We regret that you experienced challenges with regards to the airport transfer during your stay. However, we’re relieved that despite that you still found our employees excellent with almost perfect service.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to make your next stay with us perfect which we hope will be in the not too distant future.

Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

After a horrifying experience with Movenpick Hotel, Crimson Resort is heaven sent! It certainly is a life saver. hostess gave us a warm welcome and the staffs were very friendly. Reaching our room amazed us, although my girlfriend had to double check and made sure there was hot nd cold shower and the toilet does not back flow like Movenpick. The pool was fantastic and the attendants were very friendly. The restaurant was cozy and the staffs were very helpful and attentive to our needs. The food selection was good and tasted very good. We enjoyed singing at their korean restaurant it was lots of fun and very memorable! Thank you Crimson for the nice experience. I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: i highly recommend!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Geovani D,

It is our pleasure to have given you a nice experience during your stay with us. We always aim to make each stay fun and memorable for all our guests.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back on your next visit to our resort in the not too distant future.

Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Whenever we travel with our 2 young children in tow, we don't mind spending a little more for comfortable accomodation, amenities, activities for kids, and dining options. After browsing through numerous resorts in Cebu, it seemed that Crimson Resort and Spa matched our needs and the price we were willing to spend. We booked in a deluxe room, thinking that an additional bed for the kids would suffice but upon seeing the size of the room, we thought it would be crowded to have an extra bed. We then requested for an upgrade to a 1-bedroom villa which the lady at the reservations desk readily accomodated. She even offered to show us two units of villa rooms to choose from before finalizing the change in booking. She was also very helpful by suggesting that we remove inclusions in our booking which are unecessary for us so we don't pay extra for those. Both adults and children had a grand time at the resort. We enjoyed namely the plunge pool in the villa, the kid's zone, and the excellent service and facilities of the Aum Spa. The entire property of Crimson looked very clean and well maintained.
Every hotel staff including maintenance staff who crossed our path were very courteous and helpful. At the resort's restaurants, the waiters were very generous to serve us a plates of fruits and desserts from the buffet even if we ordered ala carte! Now that gained them high ratings from my children! We haven't even left the resort, my kids were already asking when we are returning. Definitely an excellent choice for a family vacation!
One advise though, make sure you emphasize how many passengers and luggages for the airport transfer so they can send the right vehicle. We were 5 with 4 luggages and a toyota vios was sent to pick us up. We obviously could not fit and requested for a van which they immediately sent over.

Dear YnaJB,

My team and I are delighted that of all the resorts in Cebu you chose our resort to have your family vacation. It is a pleasure reading all your wonderful comments which shall inspire our team to strive harder to ensure that all our guests would also have an excellent vacation.

Manila
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I just had a wonderful and memorable stay in one of the premier resort in Mactan. It was just like paradise. No. It was a paradise experience! From the airport, to the front desk, all through-out the stay, I would say that Crimson Resort and Spa Mactan's hospitality, friendly smiles, and services are by at par with other 5 star hotel and resort in the Philippines.

Going on a solo trip, I experienced some (I have yet to come back to Cebu) of the historical places and food finds in the Queen City of the South (ex: Mactan Shrine, SuTuKil, Magellan's Cross, etc.) and having a comfortable and wonderful accommodation stay is truly just as exciting.

I commend the treatment that I had inside and outside the resort. Man, when you go out the resort, Crimson's personnel wont mind texting you just to check if you're doing okay around the province and/or if you need assistance.

And man, the room! The Deluxe Garden Room that I stayed in fit for a king! I just slept in a king-sized bed, by the way. The room has 2 wide LCD TVs, a sunk-in tub, a nice and comfy bed duvet, wash-up room, closet with robes, and a lot more.

Food from Saffron Cafe is all excellent which caters to all local and foreign guests. I had that flavorful refreshment Apple strawberry shake which Ms. Nice Te of Crimson recommended. Azure Bar is also one place inside the resort that is perfect for night cap, romantic date, or in my case, watching the dimly lighted beach as I sipped a frozen margarita.

There's a gym inside the resort and I tried it, pumping some iron to keep me fit through-out the day.

Crimson Resort and Spa Mactan also have their own spa area, called Aum Spa. You have to see it to appreciate the relaxing atmosphere inside the spa. It has a general pool lounge, jacuzzi, sauna, salon, etc.

It's just like a dream for me to experience this and once inside the resort, there's a feeling that you don't want to go home anymore and just stay at Crimson. I should have went there with a date! Sigh.

For a fact, the place is for those who can and willing to spend. That's why this place is really perfect for special occasions and family getaway, and also, for dating couples or newly weds.

I have soooo many good words to say but I have to save some for my own blog. You may visit more of my Crimson Resort and Spa Mactan experience at www.thejuantraveler.blogspot.com.

I will really recommend this place. I'm sure and I am very confident that you too will have a great stay here. Check out their website for promos too.

Location is quite far from the city (45 minute ride) but very near to the famed Lapu-Lapu monument. Place is clean and I guarantee you'll have a quiet and peaceful sleep.

Given another chance (and budget), I will definitely go back to Crimson Resort and Spa Mactan! It's really more fun in the Philippines!

Room Tip: You may request for the Deluxe Garden Rooms that are near from the pool area and Saffron Cafe.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear DaJUANtraveler,

My team and I took great delight in reading your marvelous comments of your stay with us. It brought us immense pleasure to know that you enjoyed our food, facilities and services.

I hope that you will bring a date or your family on your next visit to our resort to make your stay with us even more wonderful and memorable. They will surely enjoy the activities we offer for couples and family.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back hopefully with your family or date on your next visit to our resort in the not too distant future.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

My boyfriend and I chose to stay at Crimson for 4 nights at the end of December and it was one of the most exciting and relaxing holidays of our lives. We travelled after that to other places in The Philippines including Boracay, but nothing could match the hospitality and quality of Crimson.
To start with, the attentiveness and friendliness of staff made the stay so much more enjoyable and relaxing. To feel looked after and welcomed makes a big difference that you cannot fully appreciate until you experience the opposite. When we first arrived after a long and exhausting journey, we went to eat lunch at Azure while we waited for our room to be ready and the staff (particularly Juv) made us feel at home and happy. From then on we knew we could go there to eat (or for happy hour) and Juv would always remember our names and give us excellent service.
At the breakfast buffet we were always greeted by Ann who was such a sweet and helpful girl. She always made conversation and helped me choose breads that I could eat (I have allergies).
Crystal who ran the water activities etc was great fun and gave us good advice as to what activities we would enjoy. We loved going jet-skiing and would definitely recommend the activities run by the resort.
We booked a Garden Room and it was really nice. The bed was unbelievably comfortable and we always had a great night's sleep. The pool is so beautiful and so is the beach. We also went to the spa and had lovely massages and got to use the spa pool area which was also incredible. Everything about the resort was amazing.
One thing was that the city is so far away and the resort shuttle only leaves 3 times a day. If you want to leave at other times you have to take a taxi and they can rip you off. Also, the resort is much more expensive compared to other places in The Philippines because there is not really any competition, so I recommend that you go to the Mactan Shrine (5 mins away by taxi) and try the seafood there or occasionally eat in the city to save money and have some variety.
Thankyou for a great holiday and we hope to be back again soon!

Room Tip: The Deluxe garden room was a great choice for us because we couldn't afford any of the villas...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Ella R,

We will be looking forward to your next visit and hope you spend your next holiday at our resort.

It was a pleasure to read your excellent comments especially since you highlighted the attentiveness and friendliness of our staff which you said made your stay so much more enjoyable and relaxing. Your kind words will be like fuel to each one of us and we shall strive even harder to give all our guests a memorable experience.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you and your boyfriend back to our resort in the not too distant future.

Area General Manager

Been to Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan? Share your experiences!