On the positive side, the rooms at the resort are very nice and the way they are located on the property (mostly one level) is also a bonus. I think there are only a couple of two story blocks which is nice compared to ten to twenty story towers. The rooms are well equipped and clean but you should be aware that if you have noisy neighbours, you will hear them.
Breakfast was good and seating available.
Staff overall were pleasant and helpful whether it was in the restaurants or by the pool.
The fitness facility is small but very functional.
Watersport selection appears good.
On the not so positive side, the overall footprint of the resort is not very large meaning if the resort is full or close to full, it feels crowded. Lounge chairs in the shade are then not always available. There are not enough shaded lounge chairs, or other shaded areas on the beach. The beach is very small and snorkeling is not very good.
Consistent service needs some work. First night there we waited for someone to serve us at the beach bar for about 20 minutes then waited another 15 for the drinks. There were few people at any of the table or lounge chairs. Second night there, no problem.
We had dinner at the "Tempo" restaurant and found the portions very small and although there was some entertainment, it was mostly empty and not like a resort at all.
We did observe more than a couple of times, staff trying to please a manager more than provide good service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Synonymous with luxury and personalized service, Crimson Resort and Spa is the new destination and resort to experience. Nestled in one of the country's most prestigious tourist destinations, this exclusive piece of paradise is just 15 minutes away from the Mactan International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crimson Resort And Spa, Mactan Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Crimson Resort And Spa, Mactan Cebu Island/Mactan Island