“Good standard Italian affair in excellent location.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 60 restaurants in Lapu Lapu
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza & Pasta
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Acqua serves modern authentic Italian cuisine with a panoramic view of the ocean. Its signature pizzas, baked in a classic brick oven, are popular favorites.
Seoul, South Korea
“Good standard Italian affair in excellent location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Acqua is a solid italian restaurant in a great setting. Food is solid, albeit a bit plain. But still probably the best Italian in Mactan.

Visited March 2013

51% Recommend
Manila
“A Tepid Acqua”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

On my last night at the Shangri-la Mactan last Feb.17, I had dinner at this restaurant. At first I came here for lunch on the same day but it was closed for an exclusive function, i.e.there was an Indian couple who reserved the whole place for their wedding guests. At that time, the restaurant was serving Indian food buffet. When I came back at night, I tried the ala carte menu which was predominantly Italian. While waiting, they gave me a variety of bread with some dips, i.e. pesto sauce and fresh tomatoes in olive oil. I settled just for the Lombardy minestrone soup after deliberating on what to eat. I wasn't that hungry that night. Well, the verdict on the soup is that it is okay but I have tasted far better minestrone soups than this one. I like the ambiance of the place though, very conducive for intimate dinners.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Frankfurt, Germany
“Best bet for food at Shangri-la Mactan”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

In addition to having breakfast at Acqua a few mornings during our recent stay at Shangri-la, we dined there for dinner one evening. It was late, we were hungry and we did not want to leave the resort or order room service (cold food). Acqua looks out over one of the resort's two swimming pools. It's a quieter atmosphere than the area near the main pool of the resort. My husband ordered a trio sample pasta dish and I ordered the bolognese and a bottle of wine. The pasta dishes were good, nothing over the top and nothing to complain about. Although the food was average, the service was excellent-attentive, friendly and thoughtful. We were so exhausted from our day that we couldn't finish the bottle of wine, and the staff allowed us to cork it up and take it up to our room, which was nice.

The breakfast at the Acqua restaurant is less frenzied and crowded than the breakfast buffet at Tides. There's probably a bigger selection of offerings at Tides, but we preferred the quieter atmosphere of Acqua. Bread, muesli, cereal, some veggies, fruits and cappucino is perfect for me. But if you want sushi, kimchi, and/or Chinese food for breakfast, Tides has all that and more.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Quezon city
“Just not the soup”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011 via mobile

Maybe it was because of the late hours (an hour before closing)...but while the service was impeccable, the food was quite bad. My husband and I both ordered different soups- minestrone and I had potato soup. But both were bad tasting. No amount of salt and pepper could fix it. The main course was just okay. When asked how our dinner was, we just didn't have the heartbto say it was bad because of the nice service of the waiters and the manager.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere