“Room is spacious, bed is comfy, service can be better” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Dulcinea Hotel and Suites

You added Dulcinea Hotel and Suites to your Saves list
Dulcinea Hotel and Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Shangs Mactan Town Center | M.L.Quezon National Highway, Lapu Lapu 6015, Philippines   |
Ranked #10 of 27 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Singapore
“Room is spacious, bed is comfy, service can be better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I sent an email twice but received no reply. I also called them 3 HOURS before my flight lands and they have confirmed that they are going to pick me up and the information that I sent is confirmed.

Just what the others experienced, NOBODY showed up to pick you up in the airport on time that I have to call them twice and the driver showed up 30 minutes later. OK fine, when I got to the reception the receptionist said on their records it showed a different time for picking up. Whatever, it's on my email and I even called to reconfirm. How many times do they need to be reminded for this? But I was told this is a Cebuano way of doing things ....slow and unreceptive.

I was only happy that the room is really large and bed can't be faulted. The bathroom fittings are however loose and I saw a bug crawling on the sink on the night that I stayed there.

Location wise it is good because you can buy provisions at the mall infront. There is also a decent massage next door. It is only around 5 minutes from the airport.

Will I stay here again? For convenience, yes. But I can just take a cab to go there as it is not far.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Close to airport, close to small mall and grocery store (underneath the Mall). Grocery store offers bank comparable exchange rates.

Contacted hotel a week before arrival to schedule the complimentary hotel shuttle. Upon arrival, no one was there, so took a taxi.

Room was ok, aircon, shower and door lock worked. That's about all I need.

Breakfast was ok. very minimalist, but tasty nonetheless.

Would probably only use this hotel again if I had a short connection in Cebu.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I was quite suprised at the nice condition and standard of this hotel as it was budget priced at the time of booking. The rooms are large and there is a bath tub and all the little luxuries I normally only find in $100+ rooms. The hotel is set back off a major road and opposite a large shopping mall. The rooms are quiet and very comfortable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
dulcineahotel, Front Officer at Dulcinea Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Dear Nod069,
Thank you so much for taking your time to post your experience at Dulcinea Hotel Cebu here on TripAdvisor. We are happy to know that you find the rooms comfortable during your stay.
We are looking forward to welcome you back in your next visit.
Thank you very much.
Laurentides, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Stayed there for 1 week, and we really enjoyed our stay. The best thing about this hotel is the staff!!! They went out of their our way to make our stay as pleasureful as possible, thank you Zyra for all you did for us! The rooms are big, and clean, the wifi works like anywhere else in the Philippines and the location is good, with a mall across the street. There is also a great Japanese restaurant just down the street. If ever in Cebu again, well be back for sure...........

Room Tip: Choose the rooms in the back of the hotel with the view on the river
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
dulcineahotel, Front Officer at Dulcinea Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear Reivinmandm,
Thank you for your wonderful review of Dulcinea Hotel and Suites Cebu! It's great news to hear about how the staff delivered best service that leaves you with a truly enjoyable experience. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we'd love to see when you coma back.
Thank you for giving time to post your comment.
Concord, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I vacationed here for 4 weeks, May 2nd-June 2nd 2013. Its in a very convenient location. Right across the street from Gaisano Mactan Mall, and a very short drive to the Mactan Airport, Waterfront Casino, the New Bridge leading to Cebu City, etc. My BIGGEST concern was finding a hotel that was CLEAN, AND was hoping for minimal pests/bugs problems! WOW, I really got lucky finding this place. SO CLEAN! And I was there for 30 days, and NEVER found any bugs, roaches, ants, or even a spider! NOT ONE! And as if that wasn't enough, after only a few days, I felt like the staff was my family. Always smiling, and ready to greet and assist me in any way 24/7. There's no fake smiles or pretend-hospitality, they truly care for their guest's happiness. Rowela and Lisa/Liza, and many many others, made the perfect HOTEL DREAM-TEAM! With a staff like them, it can only mean success!!! I vacation to Cebu every year (3 so far), and I cant imagine staying anywhere else than Dulcinea Hotel!!! Thank you Dulcinea staff,,, love you guys!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
dulcineahotel, Front Officer at Dulcinea Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Dear Joey,

Thank you so much for taking your precious time to share your experience here on TripAdvisor.

In behalf of Dulcinea Hotel and Suites family, with a flattered heart wants to extend our gratitude knowing that you found new family in staying with us. The pleasure is ours, knowing that we are able to give good service during your stay and hopefully to others. You will be our inspiration to continue with what we have started and do more for our guest satisfaction.

Thank you very much!

We look forward to welcome you back again in the future.

By the way, we all love you too :-)
MELBOURNE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

nice big room , good location , great bathroom - a little hard to find but close to Gaisano shopping mall and airport and breakfast and wi-fi were pretty ok - for a short or evena long stay its good ! might be a problem for older less able people as it has stairs to get in an out of but not a problem really - staff were nice and the room was clean with a good bed and big !

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
dulcineahotel, Front Office Manager at Dulcinea Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Melbourne,
Thank you for taking your time to share your experience at Dulcinea Hotel here in trip advisor. We are glad to know that your stay came out as what you needed.
We look forward to welcome you back again in the future.
Amman, Jordan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

My fiance and I stayed here last February 2013 for 6 nights. This was not our first choice we supposed to stay at Diamond suites in Cebu city proper however due of no available king size bed we choosed to stayed at Dulcinea and it was a great choice, no regrets! The room that we've stayed was so spacious, clean and well maintained with the view of Mactan channel. Thank you, thank you, thank you, to all the staff of Dulcinea especially to Liza for taking care of us from A-Z. We were treated like king and queen. We feel like at home! Love you all guys, you made us feels so special. We will definitely come back to spend more precious time with you all.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
dulcineahotel, Front Office Manager at Dulcinea Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Ms. Lora,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here on TripAdvisor.

In behalf of Dulcinea Hotel and Suites family, i would like to extend our gratitude for making us part of your wonderful moment during your stay here in Dulcinea hotel. It is our pleasure to serve you always. We are pleased to know that your stay come out so well.

I would like to let you know that we all love you too :-)

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Been to Dulcinea Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!