“spiders everywhere soon as the sun starts to go down!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Mactan Blue Reef Resort

Mactan Blue Reef Resort
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lapu Lapu
Mactan Blue Reef Resort
You added Mactan Blue Reef Resort to your Saves list
Lapu Lapu, Philippines   |
Ranked #26 of 27 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Torbay
“spiders everywhere soon as the sun starts to go down!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

I went for a day out here was nice in the sea but the huts were unclean and needed a good pressure washing down, the staff were the rudest people I have even met in the many trips to the Philippines, very unfriendly and plain rude....... demanded we paid think it was 400 peso plus per person and kinda funny but my american friend spent 20 minutes having to fill out there crappy entrence form which asked for everything you can think of including what your job was home address phone emails where your staying really was scary what they forced him to fill in he said why we got to fill all this in and they wouldnt answer just spoke to each other like and ignored us but kept on demanding we filled each thing in. horrible staff unclean place.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends

Couples
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Chocowinity
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

I was there for a beach party. The staff is slow to respond for getting inside for the beach party, but the facilities are nice. It is a fun place to swim and enjoy a relaxing time. The changing rooms and comfort rooms are not the best and do need work, but the facilities are clean and maintained for the parties. Admission is not expensive and can handle larger crowds.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Cebu City, Philippines
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

I certainly agree with Kaye L, the area is very chaotic and staff are really rude and foolish. I'm wondering if they where trained to be like that. No manager on duty, they could not even call the owner as all of them are scared to be scold by the owner, even in midst of trouble that would led to life and death.
... no wonder, right after the incident I've heard battalions of negative comments about this resort. Don't ever go there your life would be in danger.
...going there for the 1st time was a greatest mistake.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Bohol Island, Philippines
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

The place is very dirty. No trash bin at the comfort room. Garbage is everywhere. You would not know if the slide has a color of yellow or black since it is almost covered with dirt. The whole are is very noisy and chaotic. The staff does not know how to entertain guest. And to top it all, you don't feel you are in a resort, it is comparable to entering a prison. I have a very terrible day. I will not go there anymore even if you will give me money.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Canadian
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2009

I stayed here for three nights. In another room was my Canadian friend, and his Filipiina fiance and her infant daughter.

The rooms themselves were good value at PHP 2200 - 2400 per night. Clean, nice style, with bar sink and minibar, small balcony with ocean view, good aircon, TV, and spacious hot shower. The staff told me the hotel was 3 years old. There is wifi in the lobby and garden area only.

The hotel is fronted with a small beachside water park, with concrete water slides, hammocks and swings over the water, and many "cottages" (roofed tables, a few with cooking grills) on concrete jetties flanking the small and shallow beach. As is typical for the Philippines, these facilities are dirty and not in very good shape. The water slides need pressure washing and painting, and the cottages and beach need more cleaning. There is a lawn and sandy area for small children to play, which were appreciated. This park mostly caters to local day visitors, youths and families, and is open 24 hours. The sound of karaoke is incessant. Many many flies.

I am a 50 year old Canadian male and have done some travelling. What made this the strangest hotel of any I have ever stayed in?

- you do not go through the front gates or canopied entrance. It is locked and unfinished. After driving through a parking lot so bumpy that it almost left our taxi aground, you step through a very tiny security gate in a fence on the side, where you are checked by an armed guard. The feeling is distinctly like entering a prison.

- when I checked in, they processed my credit card with a live terminal, but would not let me go to my room for 15 minutes until they produced the Official Receipt.

- in addition to pre-paying for the room, I had to pay a refundable 500 peso security deposit. Was told that if the receipt was lost, the deposit would not be returned. Then I was given the TV and aircon remote controls at the front desk, to take to the room.

- the single elevator was a mess, with a dirty curled up rubber mat on the bottom and strange stains on the lower walls.

- they would not give us extra towels without getting the owner's permission first.

- they would not clean the room unless we were in it (safeguarding valuables).

- they made me sign a receipt for the included breakfast each day. Several times they delivered receipts for items I paid cash for, and asked me to sign for them. Sometimes they asked me to sign the same paper twice.

- they did not serve beer or milk or several other beverages in the restaurant. You had to buy it in the hotel gift shop. They provided ice and glasses at meals though.

- the meals always took ages to prepare. DInner for two took over an hour to arrive.

- the dining area tables are completely empty of condiments, decor or supplies. There is no wait staff. You order from the front desk.

- the menu is a short typed list with no photos or description, and organized by content rather than course. There is one only vegetable dish on the menu. Some of the dishes are complete meals for an individual, and some are single dishes large enough for groups. "Butter chicken" is fried chicken with no sauce. The fish was very overcooked. The food was basic and unappetizing, and not cheap.

- they wanted to give me a complimentary fruit basket with three mangoes and a huge papaya, which I could not eat. I told them to keep it in the kitchen so that I could have it at breakfast, even though fruit at breakfast was already included. When checking out they tried to give to me the remains of the papaya they had cut up.

- the pack of cookies they gave me upon checkin, I left in the room, but they wouldn't keep them, even after I refused them, they insisted on me taking them.

- at first, they would not accept laundry. Finally they arranged it with an outside laundry service but made a big fuss about knowing the list of items and getting us the price list for every item, and the pickup and delivery times. Then they could not give us bags for the dirty laundry. I think we signed for the laundry about 4 times, when turning it in, when collecting it, even after paying.

- we left hangers from the laundry in the closet, which they retrieved and tried to give to us after check-out.

- at first, they would not keep our bags behind the counter for an hour after we had checked out.

Aside from enforcing the bizarre rules, the staff was very cheerful and helpful, and they resolutely would not accept tips. While I liked them, they need more experience in professional hotel operations for efficiency and guest comfort.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Mactan Blue Reef Resort? Share your experiences!