“Fun Waterpark” 4 of 5 stars
Review of JPark Island Resort & Waterpark, Cebu

Save Saved
You added JPark Island Resort & Waterpark, Cebu to your Saves list
JPark Island Resort & Waterpark, Cebu
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   M.L Quezon Highway | Brgy. Maribago, Lapu Lapu 6015, Philippines (Formerly Imperial Palace Waterpark Resort and Spa)   |
Ranked #10 of 27 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Cebu Island, Philippines
“Fun Waterpark”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My family came here for a splash since it's a holiday with some nieces we tagged along. The place is really clean except for their river attraction which has a lot of dirt, it would be nice if they could clean this up as well.

The staff were really great and accommodating, ready to serve for their quests. Over-all we had a lot of fun!

Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Korean first
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2014

Staff everywhere, whether at the restaurants, lobby, reception, poolside, are friendly, always greeting guests they encounter. At the breakfast buffet, despite a large number of guests daily,, waiters and supervisors provide very attentive and gracious service. Food preparation in the different restaurants is done well - I found the choices at the international buffet, at the Chinese and at the Korean restaurants tasty, with good presentation.

Premises are kept clean, including those around the pools and beach cabanas. Landscaping is well maintained. When out swimming in the big pools or out in the clear blue sea, guests can truly enjoy themselves, especially on sunny clear days.

Guest rooms are very comfortable. Room size is above average. Bed and linen smell good, and the towels too.

This is one good place where to treat and give your family a well-deserved holiday.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool and the sea
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2014

I've been to a number of resorts but this was the first time that I saw how much fun my kids were having and I just couldn't resist joining them. I had a blast at the Captain Hook's pool even though it was obviously designed for children. The depth of the water was perfect for my 4-year old kid. He could play to his heart's content without me being overly worried about him. There were also lifeguards in strategic places who kept a watchful eye on everyone in the pool. My 11-year old kid just had to try all of the various slides and he just couldn't get enough of them. We couldn't get our fill of the pools so much that we didn't even bother to check-out the activities to be had at the beach area. We took a peek though at the beach and found it not to our liking since it was rocky and not quite sandy.
The resort was huge and clean. Upon arrival, somebody immediately directed us to the reception area. As we had prior room reservation, check-in was a breeze. They did ask though for a P5,000 deposit which was refunded to us upon check-out. We were also made to wait for our room for over an hour. Our request for a king-sized bed was thankfully accommodated. The room came with free buffet breakfast for 2 adults and 2 kids (below 12 yrs old). The breakfast selection was wide and varied. I would like to commend the chefs for the really tasty food, and the artful arrangement of the various dishes. They also readily accommodated my request for a picture-taking with my sons despite the heavy traffic in the dining area.
The resort was teeming with Koreans. Why do they all have perfect skin? Really.
All in all, my family and I had a really wonderful experience. I'm definitely recommending the place to my friends.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2014 via mobile

My family booked 3 (three) rooms twin bed accommodation (as was told by the sales rep) for 2 (two)nights. I have been calling the resort regarding our accommodation and they would tell us it's not a guarantee. Unfortunately we were given very small king size bed accommodation and the rooms were really small. The reason we requested twin beds because we have kids. The front desk just told us the twin bed accommodation is not available. Very inconsiderate staff unlike Shangrila and plantation bay. Really disappointing and very frustrated. They are just good at promoting and selling their hotel. Would rather come back at plantation bay or Shangrila mactan.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2014

I must say with the new team the F&B has improved tremendously... I must say even my particulars demand and curiosity was satisfied in all the restaurants a la carte, I will raccomand to try
Good jobs... keeped up

• Stayed September 2014
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

When we arrived at this hotel our room was not yet ready and we had to wait. At least they extended our check out the next day to compensate for the delay. The little had fun in the water park but my son find it less challenging. They only have three slides and they were short. They had fun in the pool 'though which is good. The beach is small and is not really inviting. Our room was ocean view which was nice. We had a relaxing night. Their buffet breakfast has lots of food choices especially for a big appetite.

Room Tip: Pick an ocean view room.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Makati, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014 via mobile

My friends and I stayed in JPark last June in 2-Br Suite. We particularly enjoyed the restaurants. The best part is the Al Fresco dining in Coral Seaside Restaurant. All the staffs are extra accommodating. Special mention to Nechel who was very attentive to all our requests. One particular incident is when she noticed that we were enjoying the soft dinner rolls she served, she served another batch and helped us reserve in their bakery. She even wrapped some rolls for us to take to our rooms.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Been to JPark Island Resort & Waterpark, Cebu? Share your experiences!