“wonderful stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 27 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Frankfurt, Germany
“wonderful stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

We'd enjoyed our stay in Cesario Hotel. The room was in a good condition and very clean.
TV inside, but the room has no window, which was not important for us.
Aircon worked and we could regulate it. The bathroom was clean, too and the shower has hot water.
The staff was very friendly. We could use the Wifi in the BellaVista-Lobby and the breakfast, which was included, has been served in the BellaVista Hotel, too and was very delicious (buffet).
The swimming-pool- and bar-area is a wonderful place to relaxe and you have a good few around this area of the island.
The airport-taxi-shuttle-service worked well.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
perth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

I stayed at hotel Cesario for 1 night which I chose due to proximity to the airport.
Unfortunately I have to agree with the previous reviewer that the room (room 28-economy rm) had a very dank, musty smell to it, which was quite overpowering. This is really my only complaint about the place and maybe only the case as I stayed in the cheapest possible room.

What I liked about the place was being able to use the facilities at the bellevista hotel next door.The roof top pool is very nice and I did enjoy the food & drink. Breakfast was excellent value with all you can eat buffet with a range of options. I enjoyed the mini pancakes.

The staff I found most helpful and always smiling, opening the door for me and generally wanting to please. They have a free airport shuttle so look for the person holding the sign saying hotel Cesario/ Bellevista hotel at the airport. Don't get sucked into getting a cab like I did and paying way too much! It is only a 5 min journey to the airport.

on the day I checked out the shuttle was out of service so they ordered a cab for me and even covered the cost of the cab themselves.

Overall I think it is great value for money but I would advise on getting a nicer room unless you are the type of person who is used to roughing it a bit.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Malmo, Sweden
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

I do like the idea behind this hotel. Attach a bunch of budget rooms (Cesario) to your nice hotel (Bellavista) and let the budget-conscious travellers use the nice hotels facilites (resturant, pool, bar). We stayed for one night to catch a morning flight from Cebu. The Cesario part of the hotel is carpeted, yellow and old-looking, the facilities located in Bellavista look a lot nicer. But we mostly wanted to sleep, so who cares about looks?

Unfortunately, we DID care about the dampness in our room. The first thing we noticed was that it smelled like a mildewy basement. Really, no mildew was visible and the room was otherwise clean, but the damp was impossible to get out of the room even with the AC on for hours. The Philippines ARE humid, but no other budget place we stayed at was like this. The window being barred didn't help, I'm sure.

Unfortunately, pretty much the entire stay was dragged down due to this. Stay in the room and rest a bit? Not if you can avoid it. A good night of sleep before your morning transfer? Only if you like sleeping wrapped in damp bed linen. Air the shirt you've been wearing for a day out a bit? I put it on a hanger right in front of the AC in the hope to have it somewhat dry, but it was still noticably damp and smelling like this room when I unpacked it at home.

The resturant was good, breakfast buffet included in this price is a very good deal, the airport transfer is free, and the staff was nice enough. I notice now that not many other people here seem to have had this damp experience, so perhaps the entire hotel isn't like this. In retrospect I wish we had tried asking for another room.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Thames Ditton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012 via mobile

Hotel Cesario is OK. You wouldn't stay here for a holiday but for the purposes of staying 1 night to catch a flight it does the job. I stayed here twice in Jan whilst travelling to/from different areas in the Philippines.

Pros:
* Free airport transfers
* Breakfast included in hotel fee
* Very close to the airport
* Use of facilities at sister hotel 'Bella Vista' like the spa, swimming pool, restaurant, wifi and gift shop - Hotel Cesario and Bella Vista connect internally so no need to leave the building

Cons:
* Pokey sized room
* Bathroom smells of sewage at times
* Can take a bit of time for the hot water to flow through
* a tad overpriced for what it is - many people have told us there are nicer places for nearer 900 pesos a night - we paid 1400 pesos + 700 pesos for an extra person so 2100 pesos in total a night!

• Stayed January 2012
Panglao Island, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

Boyfriend and I had our flight from Puerto Princessa to Cebu and on the next day (early morning), we are scheduled to fly to Caticlan. We have been thinking of staying in some hotel right in the main City of Cebu but it was too far to travel and it was initial planned. Luckily, when we got all out stuff from the plane and ready to get a taxi, we met this guy that is from the hotel itself who was offering good rooms, free transfers and a good price and so we grab the offer. It only takes few minutes to reach the Hotel and checking in was smooth and the room is quite OK though we had 2 single beds even if we wanted to have a 1 bid bed but staying for a night is not a pain. :P Guests from this place can go to the sister hotel to enjoy the pool, see the sunset on their view deck and you can enjoy their relaxing massage. Love it! We told on the front desk that we are leaving very early and so they prepared us a packed meal and driver was there on time to bring us back to the airport to catch our trip. Excellent service!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 222 and it was quiet.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Höganäs, Skane Lan, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

me and my fiance from sweden stayed in Hotel cesario for 1 night..it was nice and comfortable the breakfast buffet was good..everything was great. planning to stay again in this hotel soon when i having my flight i arrive in mactan international airport...this is minutes away from the airport..i hope they are available for airport transfer..

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

I was there for one week to meet my Lady I had a very nice time and the hotel was very nice and clean if you are ever in Cebu go to this hotel for the price it is nice and clean and the food is very good and not far from the airport and you can use the pool next time I go to CEBU going to STAY IN THIS HOTEL VERY GOOD TO ME AND MY LADY

Room Tip: I livek the rooms
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Cesario? Share your experiences!