We had never stayed in a small boutique style hotel before but our experience here was fantastic and puts me off staying in big hotels forever more.
The airport pickup was excellent and checkin was done in the room and was very smooth. Room is fabulous. We had a penthouse suite so had a great view from a massive balcony. The pool is small but perfectly big enough considering the small number of guests. The daybeds at the pool are nice but beware of getting bitten by the insects. Definately recommend bringing a big can of bug spray. Food and service in the restaurant was excellent. In fact all the staff are excellent. Our butler Edwin was fantastic. He organised a day trip on a boat for us and jet skiing with minimum fuss. He also organised a brilliant surprise dinner for my husbands birthday. We booked this place specifically because the Hilton and the Shangrila did not appeal to us considering its school holidays and they would have been busy. We had the most relaxing time as it felt like we were the only people there half of the time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Abaca, one of the most exclusive boutique resorts is located in the beautiful central Philippines on Mactan Island. Abaca is a tropical hideaway that offers the tranquility of very private deluxe suites set in a lush tropical oceanfront retreat. In addition to the spacious suites and villas, guests enjoy full luxury spa and restaurant experiences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Abaca Boutique Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Abaca Boutique Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Abaca Boutique Resort Cebu Island/Mactan Island