“Absolutely fabulous!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Singapore
“Absolutely fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

The one thing I will take away with me is the impeccable service that this resort exhibits. Their attention to detail for your needs is tremendous. Butlers Angelo and Raffy go all out to make your stay so welcoming. Cold towels and cocktails welcome you. Sweet treats will delight you every night. By the pool side cabana, flavored sorbets are served to cool you. Kudos to chef wade too for making such lovely breakfasts! I am always looking forward to the meals at his restaurant. Come to abaca and you'll have a memorable stay!

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

From arriving at the airport and our butler being so welcoming to every detail of our 4 night stay it was pretty dam perfect. We stayed in a middle floor front facing room. Spacious, clean and everything you need. Baby cot, bath bath and steriliser in the room. Babysitting service available. Chef checked what our baby wanted to eat straight away - very accommodating. Food in the restaurant excellent - every meal faultless. Pool guys ran around to meet our requests with smiles. They even built a plastic sand pit beside our loungers for the kids to play in and gave them plastic bowls with fish in them to play with! Staff had such a 'can do' attitude that you don't see that much nowadays! We will return!

Room Tip: front facing with view out to sea
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

From airport meeting to departure Abaca lived up to the expectations of service and relaxation. Staff cannot do enough for you, literally running to fetch things for you or making sure you have everything you need.

Rooms are great, staff amazing and food and drinks all top notch. Raffy and Angelo are great and deserve credit for the effort they go to. The Chef (forget his name) was also great and made sure to catch up each day to see if there were any special requests he could do for us.

ONLY little down side is no beach and not really any activities at the resort. Its really all about relaxing in or by the pool. But activities can be arranged easily if needed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Tumon, Mariana Islands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for a week in March. Abaca was recommended to us so we had high expectations. But from the moment that we were met at the airport to when we left, we experienced the best customer service we have ever had. We stayed in the villa with its own pool and had breakfast and dinner in the restaurant. What a perfect holiday. The cabanas by the pool were wonderful and during the day the staff came around with complimentary sorbet, ice creams and even foot massages! The location was outside of Cebu city but we were so happy spending time at Abaca that we didn't need to go anywhere else. Can't recommend Abaca enough...........if you are going to spend any time in Cebu.......stay at Abaca!

• Stayed March 2013
Pasig, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Abaca truly exceeded our expectations. Upon arrival we were immediately greeted by our very own butler Angelo with a big smile. In the car he gave us fresh cold towels and bottles of water.
When we got to the resort, Raffy (I think the head butler during our stay) assisted us directly to our room. For the first night we stayed in the Poolside suite, great access to the wonderful infinity pool ! As soon as we stepped out of our suite there was a cabana waiting for us with ice cold water and towels laid out. That night we decided to eat out for dinner, when there were no cabs passing by the hotel, one of the security guards took his motorcycle into the busier part of the area just to get a cab for us... Everytime we stepped out of the room, as soon as we came back everything was fresh and made up...from towels, to bedsheets, water bottles, etc. They even folded all our clothes and fixed our toiletries...

The next morning we decided to have our breakfast in the cabana. We ordered in the room then after 10 minutes we stepped out and our breakfast was already waiting for us in the cabana. Talk about fast service! Breakfast was great, there were just a few choices on the menu but everything was topnotch, the taste, the ingredients, everything was fresh...Whatever is not on the menu, you can also ask them to cook it! There was always a butler nearby just waiting for us whether its to hand us towels as soon as we got out of the pool or to hand us drinks while we were swimming.

Around 11:30, Raffy told us that our pool villa would be ready in 10 minutes, we havent packed our stuff yet from the poolside suite and he even offered to pack for us while we were still relaxing in the cabana. We decided to head back to our suite and fix our things.., they came within 5 minutes and took us to our villa... Another surprise, we were upgraded from the garden pool villa to the best villa of the resort... the seaview pool villa!!! When i entered there was another sweet surprise, candles everywhere and sweet goodies greeting me with a candle...the room was dark, and out came the staff of abaca singing happy birthday to me :') i started to get teary eyed, it was the best birthday surprise ever! Thank you abaca!

I loved the villa, we loved the resort. You cannot find anything negative in this place... maintenance people are working clockwise just to maintain this gem of a resort... for dinner we decided to stay in and try their food, the flatbread pizza was super tasty, we also had this prawn and clam dish that had the best tasting ingredients. What more can I say, I love abaca and they make it so hard for you to leave...

This is our last day in the resort and we're already missing this place. But thanks to the management, you allowed us to stay til 3pm! Thank you for the best experience. You have the most genuine customer service; other business establishments should learn from you for their own improvement.

This is truly unforgettable! The best experience ever!

--Penguin9

Room Tip: First night we stayed in the poolside suite...second night we transferred to the seaview pool villa...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

It can be difficult to exceed one's expectations these days. Most high-end resorts provide excellence of service as a standard and it is close to certain that when you pay the money you will be treated very well. However, Abaca takes it to a whole new level.

I began to realise that the hotel was a little different from the norm when I received an email two days before check-in, asking for my flight details so that they could send someone to collect my partner and I. With a few other things on my mind (it was the weekend of my wedding), I didn't get a chance to reply and thought nothing of it until Glen, the Resort Manager, called the following day to enquire when I needed a driver. Clearly this was a man who believed in being thorough! Having explained that I was at another venue Glen arranged for transport to take us from there to Abaca.

The driver arrived promptly and transferred us to the hotel, whereupon we were greeted by one of the senior staff with a cold face cloth to cool our sweaty brows. Unexpected and most welcome! As we were shown to our rooms my wife and I were left with the definite understanding that the hotel would do everything to make our stay as enjoyable as possible. Fresh calamansi juice was provided as we entered our rooms and the supervisor explained that we could order breakfast from our room and it could be served in the restaurant, on our balcony or by the pool.

Our room was designed to create a cool, natural effect with plenty of wood and white colours. The bathroom reflected the same ambience and contained a modern tub together with a wet room type shower. The bed was very comfortable with soft pillows and dream-inducing pillows and sheets.

From our balcony we could see Abaca's infinity pool and it wasn't long before we jumped in. With its ocean backdrop it leaves you feeling like you haven't a care in the world. While we were relaxing a member of staff came over and asked us whether we would like water or coffee. Notably, he addressed me by name, even though we hadn't met before. Another dinger for personal service. Although all of the cabanas were taken at that time, he came back to us as soon as one was free and moved us over. I wouldn't have been surprised if he offered to carry me over to it on his back, while simultaneously fluffing the pillows. When we were happily ensconced in the cabana the resort manager, Glen popped over to turn on the fans and introduce himself. The following day, when my wife and I were swimming in the pool, he offered to take our photo - not something either of us could do in the water when our cameras were smartphones. It was a nice gesture and much appreciated. When we ate in the evening I noticed that Glen helped out the staff several times, taking orders and serving plates. I am always quite impressed when I see a senior manager getting involved at the front-end. To me it shows how much they value this part of the operation.

A couple of nice touches at Abaca were that the waters, coffees and so on during the daytime by the pool were all complimentary. Additionally, the shower by the pool had the same gel, shampoo and conditioners that were used in the guest bedrooms. A nice bonus as it avoided having to carry them with you or shower later. Another interesting feature was related to tipping. It was explained to us that guests should not feel obliged to tip for individual services. The hotel provides an envelope and asks that any tips are left at the end. This is then shared out among all staff, which helps the kitchen and other staff who don't necessarily have direct contact with guests.

When we ate in the restaurant that evening my wife and I both enjoyed the food, particularly the flatbread pizzas with their lovely fresh ingredients and the braised short-ribs where the meat fell off the bone. My wife had a bouillabaisse that was reasonably tasty, if not spectacular. We also enjoyed a complimentary cocktail; mine a very refreshing mojito. Breakfast the following morning was very good and we enjoyed a relaxing meal looking out onto the sea. A great way to start the day!

A few minor quibbles relating to the booking process were that, when booking the room the prices listed exclude VAT so the final price will be higher, although you will know exactly what this is a few steps further on in the booking process. Also, you don't have the option of completing the booking process online. I had to print out the order form, complete it and send it back to the hotel, which was a little laborious. In addition, my credit card was charged in advance.

Abaca is a great venue for couples or friends looking to relax, be taken care of to a very high level and not have to worry about very much at all. I saw some families with children in the hotel and I did wonder whether this was the right venue for them. I imagine children might be a little bored there. For me it was phenomenal though.

The hotel is undeniably expensive by Filipino standards, but serves as a perfect treat on a special occasion and I am keen to return there again in the future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

I am currently on the final day of a 4 day stay at Abaca and this break has been everything I was hoping it would be and more. When researching what to do and where to stay for my Cebu trip, the criteria I was looking for in a hotel included the following:
* small and low key to avoid the massive groups of "tour bus" type tourists who always seem to invade the breakfast buffet like locusts
* great customer service to minimise any aggravation
* last but not least, amazing food as I wasn't planning to leave the resort at all in the 4 days

Glenn (GM) and his amazing team of butlers and service staff have managed to exceed all my expectations. From my initial conversation with Glenn re what to do on my arrival at 4am as the room was not available, to when I arrived and the butlers had set up one of the pool cabanas for me, even with tea and coffee facilities and a freshly made sandwich!

For Cebu, the room rates are relatively higher than some of the other resorts, but it is worth every penny as you would find it difficult to find as good as an experience than at Abaca. The amazing butlers go out of their way to anticipate your needs and Yanni even brought in sugar free ice cream for me as he knew I was a diabetic!

The other fantastic part of abaca is the food. Chef Wade Watson and his team make beautiful delicious food that you don't want to stop eating. From their signature flat bread pizzas to whipping up a crab linguine that I requested and that was not on the menu. Nothing is too much trouble at Abaca.

So if you are looking for a super relaxed, chilled out and HAPPY holiday, then Abaca is the place for you.

Thank you to Glenn and his amazing team!

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to Abaca Boutique Resort? Share your experiences!