“Loved it” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Be Resorts - Mactan

You added Be Resorts - Mactan to your Saves list
Be Resorts - Mactan
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Punta Engano Road | Mactan, Lapu Lapu 6015, Philippines   |
Ranked #13 of 27 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Menifee, California, United States
“Loved it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We were coming from boracay and our flight was really pushed back because of the weather, but thanks to the people of Be resort they welcome us and took care of us, this place is beautiful this was last year September 2012, and this year will be there again on September the 8th and I choose to stay at this hotel, people were very nice and helpful, thank you to all the people there will see you again on September!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, null, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

better stay outside because they've done some beautification but still noxious from the inside. Hotel Service in general is poor although the pool area has quite a view and we're lucky it was sunny. reception area was crowded and it took them a while to send me to my room. There was no early check-in. Some things inside the room was broken and it had to be fix.

Room Tip: you can take pictures of they're scenery from the pool to the beach and some interior decor in t...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I loved the look and ambience of the resort - very nice, spacious, clean and well designed. Loved the furniture pieces by Kenneth Cobonpue. Amenities were very basic but okay for the price.

The beach is man-made I think since the neighboring resorts did not have a shoreline. The seabed is rocky so I suggest swimming in the pools instead. I loved the loungers and bean bags on the beach but not all of the loungers had foam mattresses and pillows so you have to request these from the staff.

Rooms are clean with 2 queen sized beds, tv, a small refrigerator, cabinet with safety deposit box. At one point there were 5 of us (girls) in the room and it wasn't crowded at all. Nice t&b, but noticed that there was some green moss or something on the showerhead. A water dispenser is available on every floor so you can have hot or cold water at any time. Also, the walls are quite thin so you can hear sounds coming from the adjacent rooms or the hall outside - not good if you're a light sleeper or if you have noisy neighbors.

What I did not like about the resort is the service. Most of the staff are very hospitable and helpful but the service delivered to us was very poor. We booked 2 rooms for our weekend stay at the resort but we weren't given adjacent rooms which was disappointing. Check in took 20 minutes for 1 room on the 6th floor. We were told that the 2nd room will be available after another 30 minutes so we were told that the key would be delivered to our room on the 6th floor. After an hour we had to follow up on the second room, only then was the key delivered. Check out the following day took almost 20 minutes again.

Food choices are limited and expensive. We ordered 2 cups of tea and that took 20 minutes and 3 follow ups before the tea was delivered to our table - and it was only Lipton tea and cost P97! We did not get to try the food except for the breakfast buffet which was average (confirming reviews about the food). We had breakfast at 8am and there were already a lot of guests but the place was not crowded. There were 4 stations scattered around serving (1) rice, egg, vegetable soup, noodles (2) orange juice, fresh milk, cereals, assorted breads, butter & jams (3) waffles, omelettes, pancakes (4) chorizo, fish fillet, corned beef, bacon, fruits (watermelon & pineapple). Food was not hot, not even warm, mostly because the lids were kept open. Refills came slowly. The fresh milk was placed in a small pitcher so that ran out quickly, you had to follow up for refills. The same with the maple syrup, which was placed in a small bowl. I had to wait 5 minutes for the staff to refill the syrup.

The resort is located away from the shopping centers so this isn't the place to stay if you want to go shopping or partying. The nearest shopping mall is Marina Mall at Lapu Lapu, about 15 minutes away by taxi (P150).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This little hotel is great, it's clean, service is great, food was tasty and the private beach is awesome!

As much as I love this hotel I have a few issues with it;
- It's rather far from downtown, about 30 mins, the taxi drivers always want extra for driving out so far.
- The way the bathtub was installed allows water to run onto the floors, not just a little bit of water, I'm talking about a puddle.
- The aircon leaks water, sometimes sprays water. Woke me up a few times.
- The room was quite lacking. The walls were fairly plain.
- I discovered with two nights left my door didn't actually lock, no matter how hard I pulled/pushed it closed it did not lock and latch properly. I could easily push it open, so I stopped carrying my room key with me.
- Brought some friends back with me to the hotel and front desk staff insisted they held onto their I.D cards

Despite all of the issues I've had with this hotel I still very much enjoyed my stay, I loved the water activities they had, the downstairs bar and pool and the little cabanas on the beach. The food was fantastic but at usual hotel prices.

There was one staff member who always helped me out when it came to going around town and finding good places to venture out into the night, I appreciate the quality of service the staff gave.

When I booked there was no mid-range rooms available so I was upgraded to their best room for the price of their mid-range room, it was very large and on the top floor, the staff are awesome to deal with.

I would recommend this hotel to those looking for a beach escape, it's a great hotel to stay at regardless of its minor issues!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
MactanBeresorts, General Manager at Be Resorts - Mactan, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Micheal,

It was a pleasure to welcoming you again to Be Resorts and to find out that you enjoy your stay .

Thank you for giving your feedback. I would appreciate if can message me details of your stay and room number so I can personally check your room.

We look forward to welcoming you again in BE Resorts Mactan.

BEst,

Garry A. Garcia
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

The hotel itself was great, we didn't have a problem with this. It's lucky enough to have its own fantastic beach, by the looks of it most resorts don't. The staff were very friendly, but not very efficient as there were not enough of them! Clearly not their fault as they were doing everything they could. Obviously the owner or the manager needs to allocate staffing numbers a whole lot better, especially as this was Easter, or Holy Week in Philippines. The menu was not very extensive, but what we did have was fine. If you wanted food you had to go to them to order & you had to be prepared to wait a long time, as we learn't. The upside about this resort was the decor in the reception area and on the beach. The beach had large beanbags & daybeds, where the latter gave shade which was much needed. Unfortunately, the lack of staff was what really let this hotel down.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dumaguete City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

This is the worst resort I've been among the resorts in Mactan area. It's totally not worth the price. Their reception front desk is very lousy. It took them an hour before we were given a room. Their rooms are comparable to ordinary hotel rooms. They don't even have slippers for their guest.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
MactanBeresorts, General Manager at Be Resorts - Mactan, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Nexus,

I wished you had a better stay with us at Be Resorts Mactan.

I have sent a personal message to you. I hope to get a reply about the details of your stay . So I can address it properly to ensure that your next stay with us would be a memorable one.

I look forward .

BEst,

Garry A. Garcia
Saint Peters, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

An overall pleasant experience from a small Boutique type hotel. Although this hotel does have all the ammenities of a larger property, the friendly hotel staff made all the difference in creating a pleasant stay for me and a friend. Especially friendly and helpful were the front desk assistants Muriel and Imish. Given the location, security, basic amenities, reasonable price and friendly staff - I give a very good recommendation for this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Be Resorts - Mactan? Share your experiences!