“a very relaxing stay at Be Resorts” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Be Resorts - Mactan

You added Be Resorts - Mactan to your Saves list
Be Resorts - Mactan
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Punta Engano Road | Mactan, Lapu Lapu 6015, Philippines   |
Ranked #13 of 27 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Lapu-Lapu City, Lapu-Lapu, Philippines
“a very relaxing stay at Be Resorts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I am from Cebu and we always make it a point to have a relaxing weekend once in a while. We've been to different resorts and hotels in cebu and i consider BE Resorts as one my favorite relaxing hotel to stay..The ambiance was good especially waiting for the sunrise and sunset. The infinity pool was amazing because of the location. The staff are so approachable that any single request u asked from them right away they will deliver it. I don't see anything with the food, in fact everything are all empty, meaning many loves the food. So why comparing BE Resorts to other 5 star Resorts were in fact BE resorts is trying to give the best stay for their guest..why not channel directly the concerns to the manager so that right away it will be solved...BE Resorts will not stay this long if they have a poor service...To BE Resorts keep up the good work and continue your good service to your guest..Till my next stay in your resort!!!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
MactanBeresorts, General Manager at Be Resorts - Mactan, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Thank you very much for your review .

We are happy that you had a memorable stay in Be Resorts Mactan.
We look forward to welcoming you back again in Be Resorts Mactan and giving you BEyond the expected experience.

Garry A. Garcia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Cebu City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I'm glad that me and my friends were able to get a room on that week coz the resort was really fully-booked because of IRONMAN 70.3 Philippines. Thanks to their Reservations/Sales for being consistent in updating us on our room reservation status. We stayed there last August 3-6, when we arrived at the resort in the morning of Aug 3, we were like starstrucked seeing the great celebrities and champs triathletes off for a ride, too bad my friends were not able to join them. We had early check-in and went to the beach instead, the sun was so up and a perfect morning to swim. I love their chic lounging furniture by the beach, I could just sleep the whole day there but my stomach is complaining already so decided to get up and eat at Lime Cafe. I ordered their burger as what the waiter recommended and yes it was good. Room was nice perfect for us, two double beds fronting the beach, who say it's not relaxing waking up with that seaview? My friends badly need that relaxing ambiance before they go on a race. :) One thing me and my friends loved most was the night after the race, we were like super tired from the long IRONMAN Day and here's this welcoming entertainment by the beachfront of BE telling us to stay and chill with them. We've decided to stay and pass that Ironman weekend event at the city. That was really a "two-thumbs up" gesture of BE RESORTS MACTAN. They feel for their guests. We will surely come back for a longer stay! ;)

Room Tip: Get a CHIC room if you want a seaview.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Quezon City, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Travelling with kids can be a challenge, so we always make it a point that the place we will stay in should also be to their liking. My kids are from 7 to 16 y/o so diversity in entertainment is a must. They had a game room where kids can play billiards, Wii , dollhouses, read books or magazines.The pools are of standard expectation (there were 3, the other was supposed to be a jacuzzi), the buffet breakfast was blah (better eat out or have McDo deliver you their Big Breakfast instead), rooms were spacious (we had two connecting rooms as they don't have suites or villas). It was easy to get around as there were public transpo just outside (though it will cost you 200 - 300 pesos to go to the city proper). My biggest gripe about this hotel is their reservations people. I had my booking fully paid as early as two months prior to my visit. They promised me a connecting room from the start, then when they emailed their confirmation receipt, it stated that the request "for connecting rooms is still subject to room availability". Who wouldn't be irritated? After pingpongs of email, and the mandatory sarcastic tone, I was finally given a confirmation with my request granted.

Room Tip: The cheaper rooms have the road as view. It's still better to get the more expensive rooms if on...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Be Resorts - Mactan, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I t brings us delight to know that your kids were able to enjoy our Be Active GameRoom. I do appreciate your bringing to my attention regarding your unpleasant experience regarding our reservations system. Kindly email your booking details to me at garry.garcia@beresorts.com so that I can take the necessary actions to straighten out this matter. I do apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.

Seoul, South Korea
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

Went to Be Resorts as a last minute trip to Cebu with 2 of my girlfriends hoping to have a great getaway, but Be Resorts was a hassle from beginning to end.
First, they had our names wrong for the airport pick up so we just stayed there waiting and arguing with the driver for 30 minutes, then we were harassed daily by the lifeguards and water sports staff, cat calling and whistles all the time, which i found to be EXTREMELY unprofessional (and its not like we were walking around half naked, we are Korean and to say the least we wear conservative swimsuits).
The breakfast was horrible, it consisted of everything fried! fish, rice, chicken, no eggs, two types of fruit and stale bread. THATS IT! Flies were all over the food, which i dont blame the hotel since the breakfast was at the open aired lobby.
We also rented jet skies from the hotel, which one of the guys refused to give us our change of 15 US dollars, saying that should be their tip. Honestly, i was going to tip them but it was the principle of just taking our change hostage for 3 HRS!!!
Im also used to visiting islands, and i know that service is much more laidback in places like that, im not in a hurry either when im on vacation, but a mere sandwich would take 40min to an hr, not to mentioned the fact that they would forget our order all the time.

Only good thing i can say about this hotel are the bell boys and the main lobby counter staff, which were so eager to help and very attentive. The rooms were ok, comfy beds and good AC, but honestly thats about it, nothing special. The hallways need a paint job as well, because of the heat and humidity of Cebu, the ceilings were full of mold on the 6th fl where we were staying.

The location is far from everything, and there is NOTHING around the hotel, no restaurants, no stores, nothing, and if you a girl, forget about walking around there anytime of the day!

Pay a little more and stay at the Maribago for sure!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
MactanBeresorts, General Manager at Be Resorts - Mactan, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your island getaway. I regret to know of your unpleasant experience during your stay. Please do accept my sincere apology for this. Please know that I highly appreciate your feedback and your concerns have already been noted. Rest assured that we are looking into the details concerning our staff and our F&B service.

We thank you for your patronage and we do hope to see you again next time and allow us the pleasure of serving you.

Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Around 30 friends and I stayed at this hotel for up to a week before a wedding at a nearby hotel. Aesthetically the hotel is modern, with nice decor. The rooms are modern, comfortable and clean (although there's no clock in the room, which was frustrating) and well-attended to each day by housekeeping.

However, the rest of the service at this hotel is appalling. The restaurant was almost always out of most items on the menu and they once took 3 hours to serve one of my friends a meal of lime chicken and rice. One night they were out of their own Be Resort bottled water.

Their service is inflexible. Breakfast is included but you can only select one item from 4 categories. If you cannot eat certain items because of dietary requirements, they won't let you choose another item from a different category! Basic things like replacing a broken kettle were beyond them.

There are exceptions - it just depends who's on the desk at any point in time. A guy called Wil is great and he scanned some documents for me, but when I needed further assistance and he wasn't there, his colleague said "he's gone home. I can't help" before even finding out what I needed.

I would rather pay more and stay at Movenpick or the Shangri-la. We stayed at the Shangri-la one night and that was excellent.

Room Tip: Don't stay here at all
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
MactanBeresorts, General Manager at Be Resorts - Mactan, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. I am delighted to know that you are pleased with our interiors and our housekeeping services.

I am sincerely sorry for your friend's unpleasant experience concerning his order. Rest assured that we are looking into this matter and taking necessary improvements to serve you better.

Thank you very much for your patronage and we do hope that we will be able to be of better service to you on your next visit.

Tacloban, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

Traces of Microtel are still noticeable.
The room size is okay.
They should implement sound proofing.
Doors bangs so loud when shut.
Few food selection during breakfast.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay. :)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for this feedback. I am pleased to know that you and your family enjoyed your stay wit us. Your suggestion has been noted. Thank you very much.

We are looking forward to have you as guest on your next visit to Cebu.
Quezon City, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

We had a weekend on this resort...The positives...The rooms had 2 queen size bed so there's ample room. They have a small ref but with only 2 small complimentary water bottle. They have in room safe. The interiors of the lobby is quite nice and modern. They have 2 pools and the larger pool has a small kiddie pool attached to it so you could consider a 3 pool for their resort. They have some nice chairs on the beach front... The negatives... food and service sucks. The food is just canteen food level but the price of a hotel. The service is also very slow. During breakfast since it is a buffet, most of the food trays are not being refilled as fast as they should be. The location is not really nice as you can't do anything outside of the hotel at night. There are no groceries as well. Taxi sometimes would charge you additional P50 because they will be staying for a while waiting for new passenger after they drop you off since it is not a busy part of the town. The beach is not that good since there are lots of floating grass. The sand is sort of man made but they try to manage the beach and I saw some workers trying to clean up the waters from algae and stuff. The reception staff are not the happiest people..(it looks obvious that they are overloaded and overwhelmed with task). The hotel has a small activity room but everything is with a charge or fee. Worst is there are no attendant present so even if you're willing to pay they are not available to give you the equipment. The rooms lack some amenities with their soap and shampoo are very limited.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to bring your concerns to us particularly regarding the taxi. There should be no additional charges for your drop off at Be Resorts. Rest assured that we will investigate on this matter and have this cleared out with the taxi operators. Should you have similar concerns as this, kindly do not hesitate to inform us so that we can take the necessary actions. Kindly accept my sincere apology for any inconvenience that you have experienced during your stay with us.

I am hoping that we will be able to offer you better service next time. Thank you for your patronage.

Garry A. Garcia

Been to Be Resorts - Mactan? Share your experiences!