“Good location and reasonably priced” 3 of 5 stars

Mango Park Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   General Maxilom Avenue, Cebu City 6000, Philippines   |
Ranked #26 of 80 Hotels in Cebu City
Perth, Australia
“Good location and reasonably priced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

It is a good budget hotel which is located centrally (and near many business establishments) in Cebu. The staff as well as the security guards are friendly and helpful. Whenever we go out of the hotel, the security guard assigned, no matter what time of day, always helped us to get a cab from the street because there is a need to walk a little bit in order to get one at times. When we were there, we saw a basket full of what seemed to be complimentary snacks which included bottled water but didn't touch it during our entire 3 days and 2 nights stay. It was a wise decision no matter how tempting it was at times because it turned out that those aren't free. Lastly, I would just like to add that they serve yummy (buffet) breakfasts with a wide selection of food and beverage options. That's probably the best part of staying at this hotel. :) TIP=There's a small sari-sari store a few meters away from the hotel to the left with the hotel itself as the reference point (in case you need cheap bottled water, snacks, and other things).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Bacolod CIty, Bacolod, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I do most of the time visit Cebu City for Business meetings. I find Mango Park Hotel very convenient for me since it is situated near business establishments that can satisfy me when I go look for fun, food and relaxation! Hotel Staffs are very warm when it comes to service. Hotel rooms are also clean. Major reason will be, Mango Park Hotel is very affordable and you can get all the best services a Customer would want! Most especially when times that we badly need someone to help us during emergency case, hotel staff did not hesitate to extend their help with us. Mango Park Hotel ... keep it up!

Room Tip: Rooms on the south are quieter and I will always recommend deluxe rooms are good!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
MangoPark, Public Relations Manager at Mango Park Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for the making us your home in the Heart of Cebu whether it is for Business or Pleasure. We always make sure that your stay will be worth it.

As a 15 year old Hotel, we guarantee that the service will always be improved as well as our facilities. We have completed our room renovation, function rooms and have already opened our new food outlet called #46 Mango Avenue - An Al Fresco, Bistro and soon a Sky Bar on top near the pool area.

We hope to see you soon and experience the new Mango Park Hotel.
Luzon, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is average, everything here is. I been staying here more than 10 years now. I actually stay here because its near some of my clients.

They renovated the rooms last year so its actually better now. I don't know about the other rooms but the ordinary rooms were improved.

The hotel is in the middle of things to do in Cebu city so everything is a cab ride away. It's near to restaurants, there's actually lighthouse right beside.

Overall you'll pretty much get what you paid for. Nothing more.

• Stayed February 2013
Makati, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Not bad value for money as this hotel is only 70php taxi ride from Ayala mall and offers reasonable rooms for around 1500php including breakfast.

Stayed in suite room which is big but wouldn't really call it as suite. Tiny tv with working cable channels. Nice guards and staff, cleaning staff will wake you up early in the morning as there is no don't disturb signs.

Walking distance from the girl bars if you're looking for that kind of night life.

• Stayed January 2013
norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

The impression I got from the photos did not match up with reality. I thought it was nearer the center of town and that it was more elegant than I experienced it.
The location: between the center and the hotel was walking distance but not to be recommended as it was unsafe due to street kids waylaying you and robbing you on the way. Take a cab!
The room: acceptable but small and in need of updating. I had a bath and TV and A/C that was noisy and situated so that I couldn't sit and enjoy air conditioning. Lying down it was OK. The bed was big enough and comfortable and I slept undisturbed.
Breakfast: it looked good but was consisted mainly of food for asians. The bench-like sitting arrangements were rather primitive and cafe-like.
The park? I think this referred to a few trees around the front entrance and car park but I didn't investigate further. I didn't have time to try out the swimming pool so cannot comment on this.
If I were going to spend more than one night I would not choose this hotel but a more modern hotel if necessary further from the center.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
MangoPark, Director of Sales at Mango Park Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Hi Sir,

Thank you for the review. We value your opinions in order for us to serve you even better. We have to admit that our photos are quite outdated due to the on-going renovations. We are happy to say that we have completed 100% our renovation of the rooms as well as our Restaurant, #46 Mango Avenue that is bigger and gives a more culinary food experience to our Guests.

To date, we have upgraded our Air-conditioning and TVs as well and will be one of the first hotels to offer USB outlets for your mobile phones, tablets, iPads, etc.

We will be constantly updating our photos as we further complete our facade.

Please visit our website www.mangoparkhotel.com and facebook page: www.facebook.com/MangoParkHotel to get first hand updates.
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This is an older hotel but its conveniently located near the center of Cebu--although a cab ride (inexpensive) is necessary to get to the center. Rooms were large but rather drab, clean and the bed was fine. No complaints. We stayed here one night while we took a quick look at Cebu before catching a ferry to Bohol. Overall, fine but average. Would probably stay here again for the same purpose since didn't see many alternatives in this price range.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Manila
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

My hubby and I used to stay here whenever we go to Cebu because it is near on his family and relatives who lives in Lahug. This October 31-November 2, to celebrate the All-Saints day we reserved a Suite Room for 3-days. The room is huge with 1-Queen size bed and 1-single bed. I noticed the Dresser fronting the toilet door which gives me the creep. I just don't like the looks of it. Really creepy for me. Also the room is not well lit. Like in a toilet room, only 2 light bulbs are in it, 1 in a shower room and one in the bath-tub area.
Please note for the women who will stay in this hotel, this hotel has only 1 (ONE) Hair-dryer!!! You will have to wait for the guest to checked-out before you can borrow the only 1 hair-dryer..my goodness!! To add up to my dissapointment, there is NO COMPLIMENTARY BOTTLED WATER, we have to buy our own bottled water outside. Their bottled water in the fridge costs P30.00 (P10.00 in the supermarket). Buffet breakfast is okay even though limited food choices.
On the lighter side, the staff are all attentive and nice. The hotel location is also good, near Jollibee and Fuente Osmena circle.
I asked my husband to checked other hotels next time around.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
MangoPark, Public Relations Manager at Mango Park Hotel, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Hi Mam,

Thank you for the review. We try our best to accommodate your requests and we always listen to suggestions. We are happy to say that as of March this year, we have updated and improved our amenities thanks to you... :)

We have equipped all our rooms with hair dryers and have given complimentary bottled water already as part of our added service. We are now 100% renovated in all our Guest Rooms, Function Rooms, Restaurant and soon our new spacious lobby.

We hope to see you back and reconsider us to experience the new Mango Park Hotel experience. You can get updates by visiting our newly updated website www.mangoparkhotel.com

Thanks.