“Decent down town hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crown Regency Hotel & Towers Cebu

You added Crown Regency Hotel & Towers Cebu to your Saves list
Crown Regency Hotel & Towers Cebu
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Fuente Tower 2, Osmena Boulevard, Cebu City 6000, Philippines   |
Ranked #29 of 76 Hotels in Cebu City
Singapore
“Decent down town hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for 3 nights.
Pros - We stayed at the 23rd level and had a great view of the city and mountains beyond. We were there on Chinese New Year eve and had a great view of 2 fire works from our windows.
Good location - within walking distance to shopping and eating outlets.
The room was large and comfortable for our party of 3.
Service was reasonable and staff generally friendly.
Breakfast spread was good.
We were impressed with service provided by a service staff attending to us at the Chinese restaurant. We were very impressed with his professional service.

Cons - With 2 sets of lifts at the lobby, going to our room was a little confusing on the first day. Only one set of lifts can be taken and we need to transfer to another ste of lifts at 19th level.
The staff while friendly does need training on information of hotel. For example we asked if the Chinese restaurant had ala carte menu. We were told they serve only buffet. It was only on next day that we found out the restaurant served ala carte as well.
Our room was booked for triple occupancy. However, they provided only 2 sets of toileteries and towels. We called housekeeping and were imemdiately given another set. However, the next 2 days, we were again given only 2 sets of towels... sigh
The property has 2 towers with a connecting bridge at level 19. We need to figure out which tower the various facilities were at.

Overall, however our stay was quite pleasant.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sagay City, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

The hotel is located in the center of Cebu so eating out or buying stuffs was never a problem. But aside from the location, it felt like nothing else met my expectations. I went into this hotel not with high hopes after reading some reviews. I just wanted to experience the "tallest hotel tower in the Philippines." It was pretty tall yes. My room was on the 30th floor which is the highest I've ever been to. I also had a spectacular view of the city from my window.
BUT the floor was creaking (it was made of wood - I was told this was to keep our soles warm). The bathtub was not functional. There was nothing to stop the water so you can use the tub. I booked through Agoda and it says there they have a separate shower and tub - it's not. The hot/cold shower was problematic. Sometimes it would be all cold, sometimes it would be all hot. This might just be a matter of preference but their soap and shampoo did not smell nice.
I would have forgiven all these if they only cleaned my room but they did not. I don't want any staff in my room when I'm inside. So when I went out, I put up the sign to clean my room. I was out for 2 hours and when I went back, nobody bothered to make up my room. The cleaning staff were on the adjacent empty rooms busy cleaning them. And I stayed there for 2 days! No new towels for 2 days! As most people have probably experienced, in other hotels, they would clean your room frequently everyday without you asking for it.
I'm a man of silence. I don't complain to the management. I just write reviews.
There were things that I was grateful though. I appreciate that they gave me a room on a higher floor. Check in was as usual, but check out was very fast. Bed was comfortable and air conditioning was good although very noisy. And they allowed food from outside!
Also, you might watch out for the elevators. Since I was on the 30th floor, I would transfer from one elevator which would only go up to the 19th floor to another going to the higher floors. The screen displaying what floor you were at was not always functioning so it might cause a problem for claustrophobic people. It wasn't a big deal for me though, just wanted to share it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I felt that this hotel is over rated. It was extremely crowded when we were there. (Probably because of the kids wanting to ride the roller coaster on the top floor.) When we first walked into the lobby, there was an odor of sewage which may have just been coming in from off the streets. The room didn't smell too good either. We had to take a couple of different elevators to get to our room, which was a bit of a hassle. For dinner, I ordered the filet with mushroom sauce. It turned out to be a hamburger patty covered in mushroom gravy instead. The room did have a nice view of the city though. The lobby was crowded with people accessing the WIFI & checking in etc. The concierge was nice enough to allow us to store our luggage for a week while traveling elsewhere, free of charge. All in all it's probably fun for the younger crowd, but I could have done without so much pushing & shoving.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have a great view but must use 2 elevators to get there.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This was our first trip to Cebu and I was asking my travel agent to book me a hotel that was close to everything, had stuff to do around the hotel and had decent restaurants. She immediately recommended this hotel.

The rooms are quite big and the bed was very comfortable. Bathroom as good also, equipped with a bath tub, but I didn't like the fact the shower screen door opened towards the toilet. You'd struggle if you were a bit larger in built. The rooms were cleaned daily and this meant they'd make your bed, fill up your toilet paper and neatly put everything aside. Nothing was ever taken.

The biggest and best thing about this hotel (in my opinion) were the activities up on the 19th floor. Edge Coast and Sky walk adventures are definitely that you've got the try! Zipline was ok, though very short. Be wary of the elevators though, you could get confused at first. If you want to go to the higher floors (20th floor and above), you need to get off at level 19 first, then change lifts. You'll get used to this, but it is a bit of a mission.

Buffet breakfast was ok, they served unusual foods that probably would have catered to foreigners but definitely not to the filipino locals. I was disappointed that the staff had clear instructions to have our packed breakfast ready by 5am (we had an early ferry ride to bohol) and to be picked up from the hotel reception. We got there at 4:50am to be told that they don't have any instructions about it. We left without our paid breakfast and to be told to buy breakfast when we arrive in Bohol (we got there at 8:30am). We were starving!

This hotel is ok if you want to try some extra activities in Cebu, its good if you don't mind a bit of extra noise in the hotel as the lobby is usually flooded with tourists visiting the activities, not actually guests staying in the hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Tacloban City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I braced myself for a lousy and loud stay at Crown// but it was better than what I had in mind.The room was spacious enough to have a party... and I'm not exaggerating. lol. It came with a tub, a HUGE room, complete with hair dryer, a coffee maker, a safe and what not. It even had a sofa. Although 1 down side is that their WIFI was too slow, I had to plug an Ethernet cable to my laptop.

The staff are courteous like every time you pass by them, they'd greet you. I stayed at room 1016(Tower 2) and it was quiet. In fact, the only time i hear noise from outside was when someone pressed the doorbell.

Only time I had a problem there was the elevator. Takes forever to get on.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

We had dinner buffet at the 37th floor and the food was DISGUSTING. The pastries were LITERALLY INEDIBLE. I had to spit out the cake the moment it touched my mouth. Worst buffet ever!!!! I wouldn't eat there again even if it were free.

• Stayed January 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I have stayed several times in this hotel and has been happy with their services. Rooms are big. Edge Coaster and Sky Walk Adventures are awesome. Buffet breakfast is not bad. Location is also perfect.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Crown Regency Hotel & Towers Cebu? Share your experiences!