The hotel is located in the center of Cebu so eating out or buying stuffs was never a problem. But aside from the location, it felt like nothing else met my expectations. I went into this hotel not with high hopes after reading some reviews. I just wanted to experience the "tallest hotel tower in the Philippines." It was pretty tall yes. My room was on the 30th floor which is the highest I've ever been to. I also had a spectacular view of the city from my window.
BUT the floor was creaking (it was made of wood - I was told this was to keep our soles warm). The bathtub was not functional. There was nothing to stop the water so you can use the tub. I booked through Agoda and it says there they have a separate shower and tub - it's not. The hot/cold shower was problematic. Sometimes it would be all cold, sometimes it would be all hot. This might just be a matter of preference but their soap and shampoo did not smell nice.
I would have forgiven all these if they only cleaned my room but they did not. I don't want any staff in my room when I'm inside. So when I went out, I put up the sign to clean my room. I was out for 2 hours and when I went back, nobody bothered to make up my room. The cleaning staff were on the adjacent empty rooms busy cleaning them. And I stayed there for 2 days! No new towels for 2 days! As most people have probably experienced, in other hotels, they would clean your room frequently everyday without you asking for it.
I'm a man of silence. I don't complain to the management. I just write reviews.
There were things that I was grateful though. I appreciate that they gave me a room on a higher floor. Check in was as usual, but check out was very fast. Bed was comfortable and air conditioning was good although very noisy. And they allowed food from outside!
Also, you might watch out for the elevators. Since I was on the 30th floor, I would transfer from one elevator which would only go up to the 19th floor to another going to the higher floors. The screen displaying what floor you were at was not always functioning so it might cause a problem for claustrophobic people. It wasn't a big deal for me though, just wanted to share it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- club ultima ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Crown Regency Hotel & Towers Cebu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crown Regency Hotel And Towers Cebu
- Regency Cebu City
- Cebu City Regency
- Crown Regency Hotel & Towers Cebu Cebu Island/Cebu City