“Great location, but nothing else” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Crown Regency Hotel & Towers Cebu

Save Saved
You added Crown Regency Hotel & Towers Cebu to your Saves list
Crown Regency Hotel & Towers Cebu
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Fuente Tower 2, Osmena Boulevard, Cebu City 6000, Philippines   |
Ranked #32 of 77 Hotels in Cebu City
Sagay City, Philippines
“Great location, but nothing else”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

The hotel is located in the center of Cebu so eating out or buying stuffs was never a problem. But aside from the location, it felt like nothing else met my expectations. I went into this hotel not with high hopes after reading some reviews. I just wanted to experience the "tallest hotel tower in the Philippines." It was pretty tall yes. My room was on the 30th floor which is the highest I've ever been to. I also had a spectacular view of the city from my window.
BUT the floor was creaking (it was made of wood - I was told this was to keep our soles warm). The bathtub was not functional. There was nothing to stop the water so you can use the tub. I booked through Agoda and it says there they have a separate shower and tub - it's not. The hot/cold shower was problematic. Sometimes it would be all cold, sometimes it would be all hot. This might just be a matter of preference but their soap and shampoo did not smell nice.
I would have forgiven all these if they only cleaned my room but they did not. I don't want any staff in my room when I'm inside. So when I went out, I put up the sign to clean my room. I was out for 2 hours and when I went back, nobody bothered to make up my room. The cleaning staff were on the adjacent empty rooms busy cleaning them. And I stayed there for 2 days! No new towels for 2 days! As most people have probably experienced, in other hotels, they would clean your room frequently everyday without you asking for it.
I'm a man of silence. I don't complain to the management. I just write reviews.
There were things that I was grateful though. I appreciate that they gave me a room on a higher floor. Check in was as usual, but check out was very fast. Bed was comfortable and air conditioning was good although very noisy. And they allowed food from outside!
Also, you might watch out for the elevators. Since I was on the 30th floor, I would transfer from one elevator which would only go up to the 19th floor to another going to the higher floors. The screen displaying what floor you were at was not always functioning so it might cause a problem for claustrophobic people. It wasn't a big deal for me though, just wanted to share it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I felt that this hotel is over rated. It was extremely crowded when we were there. (Probably because of the kids wanting to ride the roller coaster on the top floor.) When we first walked into the lobby, there was an odor of sewage which may have just been coming in from off the streets. The room didn't smell too good either. We had to take a couple of different elevators to get to our room, which was a bit of a hassle. For dinner, I ordered the filet with mushroom sauce. It turned out to be a hamburger patty covered in mushroom gravy instead. The room did have a nice view of the city though. The lobby was crowded with people accessing the WIFI & checking in etc. The concierge was nice enough to allow us to store our luggage for a week while traveling elsewhere, free of charge. All in all it's probably fun for the younger crowd, but I could have done without so much pushing & shoving.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have a great view but must use 2 elevators to get there.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This was our first trip to Cebu and I was asking my travel agent to book me a hotel that was close to everything, had stuff to do around the hotel and had decent restaurants. She immediately recommended this hotel.

The rooms are quite big and the bed was very comfortable. Bathroom as good also, equipped with a bath tub, but I didn't like the fact the shower screen door opened towards the toilet. You'd struggle if you were a bit larger in built. The rooms were cleaned daily and this meant they'd make your bed, fill up your toilet paper and neatly put everything aside. Nothing was ever taken.

The biggest and best thing about this hotel (in my opinion) were the activities up on the 19th floor. Edge Coast and Sky walk adventures are definitely that you've got the try! Zipline was ok, though very short. Be wary of the elevators though, you could get confused at first. If you want to go to the higher floors (20th floor and above), you need to get off at level 19 first, then change lifts. You'll get used to this, but it is a bit of a mission.

Buffet breakfast was ok, they served unusual foods that probably would have catered to foreigners but definitely not to the filipino locals. I was disappointed that the staff had clear instructions to have our packed breakfast ready by 5am (we had an early ferry ride to bohol) and to be picked up from the hotel reception. We got there at 4:50am to be told that they don't have any instructions about it. We left without our paid breakfast and to be told to buy breakfast when we arrive in Bohol (we got there at 8:30am). We were starving!

This hotel is ok if you want to try some extra activities in Cebu, its good if you don't mind a bit of extra noise in the hotel as the lobby is usually flooded with tourists visiting the activities, not actually guests staying in the hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Tacloban City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I braced myself for a lousy and loud stay at Crown// but it was better than what I had in mind.The room was spacious enough to have a party... and I'm not exaggerating. lol. It came with a tub, a HUGE room, complete with hair dryer, a coffee maker, a safe and what not. It even had a sofa. Although 1 down side is that their WIFI was too slow, I had to plug an Ethernet cable to my laptop.

The staff are courteous like every time you pass by them, they'd greet you. I stayed at room 1016(Tower 2) and it was quiet. In fact, the only time i hear noise from outside was when someone pressed the doorbell.

Only time I had a problem there was the elevator. Takes forever to get on.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

We had dinner buffet at the 37th floor and the food was DISGUSTING. The pastries were LITERALLY INEDIBLE. I had to spit out the cake the moment it touched my mouth. Worst buffet ever!!!! I wouldn't eat there again even if it were free.

• Stayed January 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I have stayed several times in this hotel and has been happy with their services. Rooms are big. Edge Coaster and Sky Walk Adventures are awesome. Buffet breakfast is not bad. Location is also perfect.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Manila, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

My wife and I got a Club Ultima membership and booked this hotel for SInulog. My uncle, who is also a Club Ultima member, also booked with us and we made specific instructions that we want rooms with 2 beds and both mountain view ( or a view of fuente osmena). We made the booking in September Upon check in, The room we were assigned in the 26th floor ,has a mountain view which is nice. However, the room is a bit cramped and small. Cleanliness, 7/10. Also there is a gap on the door wherein anyone outside will be able to see whoever is sleeping on one of the beds. THe beds were not very comfortable, I'll give them 6/10. The toilet was clogged and it took a while before they fixed it. When my uncle arrived the next day, we were surprised because he was given a room at the other tower 9th floor which means not only was he not given the room he requested and booked for but he had to use a flight of stairs since the access from the main tower connects to the 9th floor of the other tower where his room was. The big dismay is that there was only one bed in the room. What happened to our instructions of giving him a room with 2 beds? Also we had a bad experience in the hotel arriving with our rented van from our tour of the city since there was a lot of traffic outside caused by the vehicles coming to Crown Regency. I told my companions that I will go ahead and see what causes the traffic. I found out that the reason why the traffic was bad was that the security personnel of the hotel were not doing anything to the vehicles which were blocking the way. I felt like the traffic could have been prevented if only they have placed people to coordinate the traffic. It not only caused inconvenience to hotel guests but also to other commuters at Osmena St. I told the conceirge that they should do something about it and all they can say is that there are a lot of people because of Sinulog. Adding insult to injury is their condescension and rudeness. So I took the initiative to tell the Duty Manager. When I spoke to him, he seemed not interested and just said sorry and went back to whatever he was doing. So we left and went to the room. When we went down again, I saw the Duty Manager who gave me a smirk. This irritated me even more but nevertheless I managed to let it pass. The gym, dilapidated. The pool, so so. The acqua pool, dirty. Wifi, available in the loobby only - bad!

To sum it, consider going elsewhere. I regret we got the membership at Club Ultima. The only reason you'll book this hotel is its location, especially during Sinulog because the parades and processions pass by in front of this hotel.

Room Tip: Book a room with a sea view or mountain view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Crown Regency Hotel & Towers Cebu? Share your experiences!