“One stop shop.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crown Regency Hotel & Towers Cebu

You added Crown Regency Hotel & Towers Cebu to your Saves list
Crown Regency Hotel & Towers Cebu
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Fuente Tower 2, Osmena Boulevard, Cebu City 6000, Philippines   |
Ranked #29 of 76 Hotels in Cebu City
“One stop shop.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012 via mobile

The attraction this hotel gives is primarily the thrilling actvities it offers to its guest. On the top floors one can do urban zipline, height climbing and rappeling, edge coaster and skywalk around the perineter of the 37th floor. The adjacent tower houses Club Ultima which offers gym and spa facilities as well as food/bar choices. They also have a glow mini golf area. One can choose packaged activity sets inclusive of a dinner buffet which has extensive choice of food.
Roons: spacious and twin room accommodates two queen sized beds. Bathroom is clean and towels changed daily albeit toiletries are simple. LAN cables were present in our room but no wifi signal. Signal is good in the lobby tho. Buffet breakfast does not have as much choices as the dinner buffet on the 36th floor.
Transoort: Since the hotel is located in the city center, metered taxicabs abound which can take you anywhere in Cebu.

• Stayed June 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Cebu
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I has a nice overnight stay in in this hotel. Went there mainly for the adventure gigs and the hotel offered a special promo which included some of the action activities. I highly recommend the zip line and the sky walk. Gets your adrenaline up but its still pretty safe. Bring your girl friend or wife, it's a nice experience to share. The rooms are very nice and the view is great. We were disappointed by the food, though. Luke warm, no taste.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

My baby and I booked the rooms using our Ensogo vouchers. As I've always been keen on trying their Sky Experience Adventure, we didn't think twice and got us some plane tickets to Cebu. Here are my comments:

Positive:
- we arrived shortly before 12nn and got us some rooms ASAP; no extra charge for the early check-in
- super nice view since our room was at the 31st floor
- room was big for 2 persons
- comfortable bed & fluffy pillows
- nice location: near Robinsons mall, Shamrock (pasalubong center famous for their otap), Larsian (famous BBQ place but we didn't try it), One & Two Mango Avenue (a hodgepodge of restaurants), P8.00 away from famous attractions (Magellan's Cross, Sto. Nino Basillica, Fort San Pedro, etc)
- excellent & complete facilities (three pools, gym, salon, 24hr convenient store, bars & restaurant outlets, library, videoke room, game room and the Sky Experience Adventure!)

Negative:

- the concierge was not helpful (we asked how we could get to Magellan's Cross and they told us to ride a taxi, which costs Php70.00; we eventually learned that we could ride a jeepney, which was only P8.00)
- breakfast was bad (the food was not appetizing, the main dishes was good for lunch buffet, their brewed coffee tasted like water already; generally, it wasn't that filling if you crave for a heavy breakfast that taste good)
- incomplete amenities (the shampoo was in a sachet with pentel pen marks; toothpaste was good for an overnight stay <it was so small>; no slippers or face towels <should be requested>)

Conclusion:

I like the hotel for their facilities. One day would be required to explore all the facilities they have to offer (it's just so overwhelming). It's just hard to believe that their concierge was not that helpful. I think they have a tie-up with tours that's why they highly recommend to ride a taxi. For us, we just wanted to do our sight seeing for ourselves since we are on a tight budget. All in all, we got we paid for.

Room Tip: Go for the higher floors, 20th and up. They gave us a room at the 31st floor facing the Fuente Circl...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

This hotel is not near the airport so we just rode a cab for around Php200+.

We stayed at the 31st floor so we had a great view of the city. The ambiance of the room compensates its price. The room is quite big and can be occupied by 4 persons however it's only me and wife who stayed in a deluxe room with two queen size bed. You would feel secure as the room is automatically locked whenever you go out and will be opened using your access card. You can also control the room temperature by just pressing the control attached on the wall. There are lights that you can push which signals the staff if you want the room to be cleaned or if you don't want to be disturbed. :) I am a coffee drinker so I was glad that there was water heater at the room. Coffee, sugar and creamer sachets are provided but just limited so I suggest you bring your own 3-in-one sachets. :) Slippers are not proactively provided so you need to ask for them. They're given for free though. I think unlimited towels are also given as we were allowed to bring the towels from the swimming pool to our room. My wife enjoyed the bathtub but we needed to ask for the tiny water blocker as it was missing.

You will not be bored as there are activities to choose from such as Edge Coaster, Sky walking and Zip line available at the hotel with fees of course. I think there are packages available but we only tried the first two for Php700 each. Cameras are not allowed so prepare your Php230 for each picture that you want to be taken as your souvenir.

We had our buffet lunch in its Chinese restaurant which cost Php400 per head. Filipino desserts were served and it's great!

We also enjoyed swimming in the pool and stretching our muscles at the gym.

They also have a tie up with a rent-a-car company for the city tour so we took advantage of it for Php3500 for 8 hours. We had a private car for me and wife. After the tour, we were dropped off straight to the airport.

Yes, it's quite expensive but it pays off. But if you will just stay outside most of the time, I suggest you pick a more affordable hotel which suits your budget.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
kuwait
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

good hotel but expensive do not use Landry service is so expensive go out side find landry

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Billings,Missouri,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

I had studied online for places to visit and stay for my first trip ever to Philippines. My trip lasted 42 days in the Philippines starting at Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines. I booked a long stay rate online with Crown Regency Hotels in Cebu City, initally staying at the Guadalupe laoctaion from March 10th through March 19th. I had selected a superior room for my stay. The location was one of 3 hotel locations operated by Crown Regency Hotels management. The room was great, quiet and always clean. The restauraunt was very nice and staff was always at your beck and call. The pool area was very private and wonderfully decorated, right next to the first floor restauraunt. The hotel staff were very nice and accomodating.

After a week of being in Cebu, realized that the downtown Crown Regency is closer to many activities that I wanted to experience. The hotel staff had knowledge that my first week was intensive dental work with local dentist, Dr. Lynette Chu located in Chinese Chamber of Commerce Building downtown. The friendly hotel staff/waiters took the iniative to introduce me to the visiting management team from the downtown Crown Regency, Mrs. Mayet M. Belarmino-Ocarzia, during a staff meeting/visit. She said that my dentist office was much closer to the downtown Crown Regency location ( 5 blocks away ). She said for me to consider moving to the downtown hotel at Osmena Circle, as I could also enjoy a long stay rate, but be closer to not only my dentist office, but many other tourist/downtown attractions.

So, I did make the move to the 45 story hotel downtown for about 11 day stay. Food there was also great, had room on 10th floor, right outside swimming pools on the 9th floor. The hotel staff there was very efficient and catered to my needs. I utilized their Shuttle Van for many trips. This location was just 2 blocks from downtown Robinson's Shopping Mall, which was very convenient for me at many times, booking flights on Cebu Pacific Airlines, shops, grocery store, and many restauraunts in that mall. Just 3 blocks away were both a MacDoanald's and Jollibee fast food restauraunt. The 22nd and 23rd floor of hotel had a buffet style, Chinese restauraunt that made evening dining superb, with about 80 food items to choose from and fresh fruit too.

I will use the Crown Regency again in all future trips to the Cebu City, Cebu area. They are so friendly, felt as though I was among old friends at all times. Thanks for the good service during my stay----all personnel at both of the 2 locations.

Glen Alan Hancock, LTC, AUS ret.
Billings, Missouri 65610 USA

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Kongsberg, Buskerud, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

asked the manager to help me with my engagement, she did what I requested and made it extra special. SO if anyone there need some help regarding surprises or parties, I recommend you to talk to their day time manager. i think she is very capable in making great things even greater.

BTW. you will never get bored in this hotel, 4D? shooting range? sky? gym? etc...

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Crown Regency Hotel & Towers Cebu? Share your experiences!